PDA

View Full Version : Well, is the Anti-White Sox ESPN coverage finally be over?

bruce1
10-08-2005, 11:57 AM
I hope so, those jokers in the booth were so tilted it wasn't funny.
These Three Stooges need to cover a good ice skating event instead of baseball! What a bunch of Sissy's, loosers!

I turned off the sound frequently, and only then could I enjoy the game.

Bruce

Yea I am upset... and dissapointed. I expected a more balanced and fair broadcast.

Stroker Ace
10-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Here's a shocker-The coverage will remain anti-sox. That's what the national sports media does.

Ol' No. 2
10-08-2005, 12:43 PM
I hope it does remain anti-Sox. The team plays better with a chip on its shoulder, and I'm enjoying watching these guys eat crow.

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
10-08-2005, 12:45 PM
peter gammons actually picked the white sox to win against boston. which is weird, cuz im pretty sure he never gave us any respect. but atleast he wasnt blind to what would happen like harold reynolds and the rest of ESPNs "experts"

VenturaSoxFan23
10-08-2005, 12:48 PM
I know Berman and those goofs in the booth are praying for a Yankees comeback so they can cheer for their poster boys.

Quite frankly, I hope the Sox get the Yankees as well.

(The Angels scare me.)

Chicken Dinner
10-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Who cares as long as we're eating CHICKEN!!!

my5thbench
10-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Berman was the one rooting for the Carmines...Sutcliffe & Piazza were

pretty good......wait 'til the World Series if the Cardinals are in & we get

Jack Buck & that wacko ol' Cardinal catcher...could get ugly

VenturaSoxFan23
10-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Just so Joe "All I ever do is talk about myself" Morgan stays away.

Joe compares all second basemen to him. And not one can do anything like Joe, according to him. Listen to him: Joe was the greatest fielder, stealer, clutch-hitter ever.

And then we sit at home wondering if he actually believes that bull.

gf2020
10-08-2005, 01:05 PM
peter gammons actually picked the white sox to win against boston. which is weird, cuz im pretty sure he never gave us any respect. but atleast he wasnt blind to what would happen like harold reynolds and the rest of ESPNs "experts"

I'm not letting him get away with this. Not 24 hours that pick was posted on ESPN.com, Gammons reversed himself on the Dan Patrick show and picked the Red Sox. Some Expert.

getonbckthr
10-08-2005, 01:09 PM
sox-angels = neutral

sox-yankmees=antisox

SOXintheBURGH
10-08-2005, 01:14 PM
sox-angels = neutral

sox-yankmees=antisox

I hope so. Then again, Vlad is a pretty marketable player...:rolleyes:

VenturaSoxFan23
10-08-2005, 01:22 PM
I dunno, they been talking up Benji Molina like he hit the Aaron Boone homer 2 years ago. Garrett Anderson is a helluva player in his own right and carried them while Vlad was out for a spell. The Angels are damn good, and that's why they frighten me if we face them.

ESPN will probably start some crap about how "they won a tough divisional race, yet were forgotten about" when the playoffs came around. Yeah, cause you morons worry more about your big-market Yankees. Now that the Yanks are up against the wall, they straddle both bandwagons, just in case NY pulls it off. Then they can say, "We knew it all along, we told you so."

Chisox353014
10-08-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm thinking maybe the negative coverage might continue. Heck, according to their game recap (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=251007102) Boston is leading the series we just swept 2 games to 1. (Look at the series at a glance box on the right side of the page)

JackParkman
10-08-2005, 01:38 PM
There should be an option C.

If the Yankees come back to win their series, the coverage will be pro-New York. If not, it should be a little less biased. For what it's worth, I never considered the coverage anti-Sox so much as blatantly, over-the-top pro-Boston.

RKMeibalane
10-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Nothing about the media coverage will change until the Sox win a championship. They may even need to win multiple World Series in order to gain the respect of the baseball writers and reporters. Honestly, though, I don't care. The media are paid to write. Writing doesn't require intelligence. Thus, what they say about the Sox is of no consequence to me.

Droso5
10-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Baumen over at MLB.com has written a pretty solid article and a few others from ESPN.com have surfaced as well. But I have this "feeling" that we are going to hear something out of Mariottis mouth on Around the Horn or from those talking heads on PTI that goes a little like this....
"Now Tony, I know the White Sox, not Sawx, have swept the Red Sawx, but even after them winning the division and moving on in the playoffs, could this team be one of the worst teams to ever make the ALCS and maybe the World Series?"
"Wilbon, I know they have some good pitching and a decent bullpen, but they cannot hit....you know, I really think they may be."
I know it seems nuts, but I bet all of you guys can imagine this in your head.
Of course, nothing beats Kruks expert analysis a day before game 1
"I really think that Bostons poor pitching and defense will be an advantage, because Chicago cant score runs" Wow.
It seems when the Red SOx or Yankees are involved, baseball knowledge and any objective analysis goes right out the damn window. The whole season the talking heads will preach defense and pitching until these two teams get into the postseason, then, Torre or Francona could put the chair that I am currently sitting on, on the mound, and they would pick them to win.