PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to the Red Sox...

Tragg
10-08-2005, 11:18 AM
We simply have the better team this year, and while it took all 3 games for their fans to realize it, they do now.
Like us, the Red Sox fans LOVE BASEBALL, and their organization wants and tries to win. They are a credit to the game.

Because what the Red Sox ARE and what the Cubs ARE NOT are PASSIONATE BASEBALL FANS.

Yes, the Red Sox languish over the superstition, but for them the superstition is just an obstruction to their ultimate goal of WINNING; to the Cubs, the poetry, the curses, and the urinal are not a mere obstruction, but the RAISON D'ETRE; baseball is secondary.

The hype of the RedSox is particularly annoying to me; but that's on ESPN which insists on hiring active RedSox fans in positions of "objective commentators".

Good series Red Sox and good luck next year.

And the Cubs can look forward to more Mia Hamm days in the friendly confines of the bathroom trough.

hawkjt
10-08-2005, 11:41 AM
I do not blame the Red Sox for the over the top hype that ESPN hoists on to them. I agree that red sox fans are way more like sox fans than cub. they will re-tool and be back next year. If they let manny go they are crazy.

Red Barchetta
10-08-2005, 11:58 AM
I do not blame the Red Sox for the over the top hype that ESPN hoists on to them. I agree that red sox fans are way more like sox fans than cub. they will re-tool and be back next year. If they let manny go they are crazy.

Absolutely. The fans showed a lot of class wishing the SOX well and to win it all. You know they will be rooting for us if we play the Yankees in the LCS.

BTW, my sister-in-law (one-side of the family) moved to Boston a few years ago and become a Red Sox fan. My brother-in-law (other side of the family) is a Cubs fan. She never understood why the Cub fans latched onto the Red Sox success. She said the majority of Red Sox fans could care less about the Cubs. Much to the chagrin of the Cubs fans who expected a group hug during the interleague series.

Heck, at least three Red Sox fans I know didn't think Wrigley Field was that big of a deal. (They did like the local bars though).

ode to veeck
10-08-2005, 12:04 PM
This Red Sox team has arguably the most dangerous lineup in the majors, probably the greatest single threat to the Sox in the playoffs; it is a major relief to get past them, no matter how many games it took