PDA

View Full Version : The Heros- everybody

hawkjt
10-08-2005, 10:25 AM
This was a consumate team effort. Every single guy that played contributed with the exception of Damaso.

But some of these guys have to be singled out.

Paulie; He has been pure clutch since May but down the stretch he has been the rock. And in addition to the homers this week he has set the tone with his comments. I know people get on him but I think he says the perfect thing about 99% of the time. Last nite when he was asked about the victory he low-keyed it and said there was more wins needed ahead. When Kerry Sayers tried to get him to get puffy about the homer that won the game he deflected to El Duque. Said it was no big deal cuz his homer came early. He is consistently self-effacing and humble. He is a great team leader and I hope we find a way to keep him.

ElDuque; Cold Blood. This man is an inspiration to the whole team. As Hawk has said all season that he works harder than anyone on conditioning. He was ready when called on and he came with big balls. He is now a sox legend,period.

Juan; Hit .400 for the series and got that bunt down with cool efficiency. He is a money fielder. He should be a fixture at short for a long time.

Pods; Tied with four other guys with 4 RBI's in the series. Two out hit to score Juan was the ice-breaker

AJ; Another with 4 rbis. and hit .444 for the series. Behind the plate he is so steady in a tough inning like the 6th. Also always says that playing is fun. He keeps it light.

Joe; big bunt when we know he struggles with that. defense and clutch.

Gooch; another 4 rbi guy who saved this series in game 2 and chipped in with that single to drive in pods last nite. Awesomely clutch hitter.

Arow; another .400 hitter with 4 rbis in the series. Will excell at yankee stadium again. our football player in center.

Jose,Burls,Freddy,Jonny, Bad bobby. ect. Lovem

Madvora
10-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Duke sure showed me something last night that I never could have expected.
His performance is definitely legendary.

harwar
10-08-2005, 10:37 AM

I was so certain that he was going to get lit up that i left the room for a bit.
That guy has some balls,i'll say that for him.
WTFG "El Duque'.

PAPChiSox729
10-08-2005, 10:43 AM

That will be the performance I remember from this ALDS. I'm sure I will recall all of the offense in Game 1, Graff's error and Tadahito's HR in Game 2 (perhaps Jenks' save too), and the HR's by PK, Manny, and Ortiz in Game 3. But when someone says 2005 ALDS Sox vs. Sox, El Duque will be the first thing to come to mind. That was incredible.