PDA

View Full Version : Video of 2005 Highlights?

Lillian
10-08-2005, 06:38 AM
Do you think there will be a video of the highlights of this season? Someone could produce a great DVD of this wonderful story, which continues to unfold on the South Side of Chicago. I would buy it, and play it often on cold winter nights, wouldn't you? I'd especially enjoy a narrative, telling the inspiring and dramatic story of this season, with great clips, and even some of Hawk's very emotional calls.
Perhaps we should suggest it to Brooks Boyer. They seem to do a nice job putting together video highlights. If there is anything that we could do to encourage the production of such a video, let's do so, please.

Wsoxmike59
10-08-2005, 08:45 AM
I'd say it's a pretty safe bet they will Lilian. I think it would be a good idea to email Brooks however with suggestions on what should be included in the 2005 Highlight Reel.

The 2000 Highlight Tape was such a major disappointment to me. The written plot dialogue, narration and video highlights were so substandard that it looked like it was put together by a college film student drop out who had only a limited knowledge of baseball!! Don't give me that hard to watch NYPD Blue film edit crap....GIVE ME BASEBALL HIGHLIGHTS I CAN SEE, DAMNIT!!

The 1983 Highlight Reel was very good, the 1993 one was outstanding and bordered on EXCELLENCE!

I think the 2005 Highlight Video should start off with the Scoreboard intro used at U.S. Cellular Field. That clip still sends shivers down my spine every time I watch it, and I went to 20 games this year!!

Then I'd do a month by month recap showing the best Highlights, including offense, defense and pitching, and some post game quips from the players, coaches and announcers.

Really get a feel for the drama of the unfolding season. The Sox not picked by anybody to do anything in the regular season (show Jeff "Mullet" Brantley dissing the Sox fast start) and getting out of the gate with a fast start on the strength of Scotty Pods legs and the arms of Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, Freddy Garcia, Orlando Hernandez, and the surprise of the pitching staff Dustin Hermanson.

I'd intersperse the Sox commercials with the Grinder Rules and the "Win or Die Trying" motto in between each month.

Show how the Sox saw their comfortable 15 game lead shrink down to the unimaginable 1.5 games by the hard charging Cleveland Indians. The drama of the excruciating losses to Anaheim, Kansas City, and Detroit before righting the ship and staving off a late season collapse to win the division in dramatic fashion by clinching in Detroit and eliminating Cleveland with 3 taut playoff atmosphere type wins.

"At the end of the day, boys, don't tell me how rough the water is, you bring in the ship."

Steve Stone

wassagstdu
10-08-2005, 09:06 AM
The organization seems to have someone with real talent in this area. The clips they showed during the turn-back-the-clock game vs the Dodgers in June were terrific. I am looking forward to this video.

mike squires
10-08-2005, 09:10 AM
By the end of the month you will be able to receive a video along with a leather bound book.......with your paid order to Sports Illustrated!!!:)

downstairs
10-08-2005, 09:13 AM
8 more wins, and you're going to get sick of all the various highlights DVD's out there!

jerry myers
10-08-2005, 10:35 AM
i have 1993, and love it.

RadioheadRocks
10-08-2005, 03:31 PM
I'd love for there to be one of those huge DVD box sets for the White Sox like the Red Sox had for last year, with EVERYTHING on it! I'd be willing to shell out the $$$ for it, too!

JohnBasedowYoda
10-08-2005, 03:33 PM
if they do i hope they have the clips from what they play on the jumbotron at the cell

chisoxmike
10-08-2005, 04:45 PM
The 1993 highligh tape is the best. NO B.S. WITH IT. Just clips and scores.

The 2000 tape sucked with the drama music in the background for everyclip and the black and white fading into color.