PDA

View Full Version : So much for experts...maybe they can get jobs as weathermen

tifosiv122
10-08-2005, 02:48 AM
http://www.erikcohen.com/chisox/wrong.jpg

I'm not going to pick on those who chose us to win, although nobody picked a sweep (at least none of the 'experts' :rolleyes: )

Erik

RadioheadRocks
10-08-2005, 02:52 AM
http://www.erikcohen.com/chisox/wrong.jpg

I'm not going to pick on those who chose us to win, although nobody picked a sweep (at least none of the 'experts' :rolleyes: )

Erik

That looks like one of those Advent calendars with most of the goodies already gone... but then again what goodies could have possibly been behind those jokers??? :rolling:

dickallen15
10-08-2005, 07:46 AM
On espn.com, Gammons picked the White Sox, on epsn radio Gammons picked Boston. I guess that's how you get to the media member's wing of the HOF.

DAllen15
10-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Don't forget the number 1 local expert Moronatti, who had to say that boston only viewed the sox as an appitezer before their rematch with the yanks and that the sox have been holding "choke job" theater for the last month before the playoffs.

If you read him lately, he is slowing couching his anti-sox thoughts in a reporters voice of how "others" perceive a situation.

All in all, I do like being the team that nobody takes seriously and I don't really want any of the national experts on board at this point.

soxrme
10-08-2005, 08:03 AM
I hope the Angels win so neither the red sox or yankees are in it. ESPN deserves it aft er all the crap coverage all year. GO SOX :supernana:

DAllen15
10-08-2005, 08:16 AM
I hope the Angels win so neither the red sox or yankees are in it. ESPN deserves it aft er all the crap coverage all year. GO SOX :supernana:

I agree. But they would probably just replay 10 minutes of the 2004 Bos/NY highlights as they intro to Sports Center or Baseball tonight, and be like, "Just one year ago today, who would of thought that the Yanks/Red Sox would both be upset by two of the biggest underdog teams in the history of baseball that came out of nowhere like the white sox and their 99 win record to end the awesome run that we were all so lucky to be alive to watch last year.....roll tape...."

TornLabrum
10-08-2005, 08:52 AM
I agree. But they would probably just replay 10 minutes of the 2004 Bos/NY highlights as they intro to Sports Center or Baseball tonight, and be like, "Just one year ago today, who would of thought that the Yanks/Red Sox would both be upset by two of the biggest underdog teams in the history of baseball that came out of nowhere like the white sox and their 99 win record to end the awesome run that we were all so lucky to be alive to watch last year.....roll tape...."

I prefer to play the Yankees for two reasons:

1) I like the matchups better that with the Angels.

2) I like being the underdog that ends up biting the "experts" in the ***.

Sad
10-08-2005, 04:25 PM
I also hope it's the Yankees... the victory will be that much sweeter

Iwritecode
10-08-2005, 04:51 PM

I agree but how much does it suck watching the Yanks/Angels game and rooting for the Yanks to win? *shudder*

The Dude
10-08-2005, 04:58 PM
On espn.com, Gammons picked the White Sox, on epsn radio Gammons picked Boston. I guess that's how you get to the media member's wing of the HOF.

I heard him on 1000 and he picked the White Sox. They said, "we got it on tape, Gammons picks the White Sox"

3rdgensoxfan
10-08-2005, 05:03 PM

Beating the Yankees to make it to the WS would make the Sox achievement look more legitimate in many people's eyes in the sports world. . .though I doubt it would for any of us. . .

TornLabrum
10-08-2005, 05:48 PM
I agree but how much does it suck watching the Yanks/Angels game and rooting for the Yanks to win? *shudder*

I have trouble doing that, too. I grew up in the '50s when the Sox' biggest rivals (at least in our minds) was the Yankees. (To them we were like gnats, at least until '59.) But I have trouble anymore rooting for anyone other than the Sox.

TornLabrum
10-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Beating the Yankees to make it to the WS would make the Sox achievement look more legitimate in many people's eyes in the sports world. . .though I doubt it would for any of us. . .

True. With all the trouble we've had with west coast teams, it would probably be a greater achievement to beat the Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles by Way of Orange County Somewhere Near Disneyland...or Is It Knotts Berry Farm.

SOXSINCE'70
10-08-2005, 05:53 PM
But Harold Reynolds picked the Blow Sawx.

In the words of "South Park" teacher Mr.Garrison,
"Bzzzzt,Wrong!!!Try again,dumbass!!":D: :D: :D: