PDA

View Full Version : LaRussa, Torborg, Lamont, McKeon, Cox...

jabrch
10-07-2005, 11:29 PM
all deserve a small piece of the credit here. Ozzie is looking like an incredible manager. He has amazing timing in how he handles pitchers and he has a team that really seems to respond well to him. I'm a huge fan (always was) of Ozzie. I just want to acknowledge some of the guys who molded him as a manager.

HotelWhiteSox
10-07-2005, 11:36 PM
I can't say that I've always been his #1 fan (though I did like how he played tonight's game, putting El Duque in was genious, but he did put in Marte in the first place), but he's putting together a nice little resume!

Year 1: 83-79: .512 (surprised they won that many at the end, with a team built around Maggs and Frank and both of them going down)
Year 2: 99-63: .611
Total: 182-142: .562

Postseason Experience (to date): 3-0

Cito who? He's had nice pieces to play with I would personally give more credit to KW, but not too shabby for someone with no head coaching experience

jabrch
10-07-2005, 11:43 PM
I would personally give more credit to KW, but not too shabby for someone with no head coaching experience

KW deserves a lot of credit - you are right. What he did over the course of the past two seasons to build this team is incredible.

That said, Ozzie deserves his fair share, as far as a field manager goes. He should win Manager of the Year by a landslide. KW should win Executive of the Year as well. No GM has changed a team more for the better this year than KW.

DaleJRFan
10-08-2005, 12:28 AM
Not to diminish what Ozzie and KW have done, but every single thing about the team is better this year. Everything. The park, the players, the advertising, the manager, the local broadcasting (Comcast)... what a year for the Sox.

fuzzy_patters
10-08-2005, 12:33 AM
all deserve a small piece of the credit here. Ozzie is looking like an incredible manager. He has amazing timing in how he handles pitchers and he has a team that really seems to respond well to him. I'm a huge fan (always was) of Ozzie. I just want to acknowledge some of the guys who molded him as a manager.

The WSI posters that criticized Ozzie when he was hired and called him a clown are looking like absolute imbeciles at this point, as are the Billy Beane fans. This team was well conceived, and Ozzie Guillen is the perfect manager to be managing this particular group of players.

The Wall
10-08-2005, 12:33 AM
umm...broadcast? that would be the low of this year....they blacked out a game (though it was in humpy dome) and comcast lost signal for most of the game in a late september Garland start. I havent heard any comcast subscriber getting a regret note from the company or a credit for the outage.

DaleJRFan
10-08-2005, 12:42 AM
umm...broadcast? that would be the low of this year....they blacked out a game (though it was in humpy dome) and comcast lost signal for most of the game in a late september Garland start. I havent heard any comcast subscriber getting a regret note from the company or a credit for the outage.

Jeez. :?:

I was referring to being able to turn on Comcast at 2 am and see SOX coverage.