PDA

View Full Version : NOW they get it....

boiker
10-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Acting like they've been saying it all season long, all the pundits are coming out the woodwork to hand the sox compliments, pat their own backs, and chastise all those who didn't believe in the white sox formula early this year.

These experts deserve all the praise for recognizing the white sox as legitmate contenders from day one.

I like the recognition, but it's too late. Eat your crow. Don't act like you knew and said they were a good team. Admit your biases and enjoy dinner.

elrod
10-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Expect more of it. If the White Sox win a couple games in the ALCS, there will be a HUGE national bandwagon effect. Mark my words, the White Sox will be the national media darlings because of their history of futility.

CaptainBallz
10-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Expect more of it. If the White Sox win a couple games in the ALCS, there will be a HUGE national bandwagon effect. Mark my words, the White Sox will be the national media darlings because of their history of futility.

I don't see any real fans reveling in it though. I sure as heck won't. I don't think the team will fall for it either. If that is the case, and I don't doubt you that that's EXACTLY what'll happen, watch this team handle it with 100% class.

elrod
10-07-2005, 11:38 PM
I don't see any real fans reveling in it though. I sure as heck won't. I don't think the team will fall for it either. If that is the case, and I don't doubt you that that's EXACTLY what'll happen, watch this team handle it with 100% class.

I think the team will appreciate the new attention, but they won't be distracted by it.

DaleJRFan
10-08-2005, 12:08 AM
It's a riot that the only national baseball expert with any balls this season has been Steve Phillips. He dogged the Sox, ate crow and is now the Sox biggest national mouthpiece...

JBJas42
10-08-2005, 12:16 AM
It's a riot that the only national baseball expert with any balls this season has been Steve Phillips. He dogged the Sox, ate crow and is now the Sox biggest national mouthpiece...

Jeff Brantley ate his crow tonight on SportCenter as well... admitted to doubting the White Sox and Ozzie, but gave us our props after sweeping America's team. I'd love to see the next article from Gene Wojciechowski.