PDA

View Full Version : Not to be dark clouded, but

WinOrDyeTrying
10-07-2005, 10:47 PM
The Sox just won there eight game in a row. They havnt been able to get that ninth all season.....

*NOTE: As I wrote this, I realized that they also havnt won a post season game since 1917, Pods didnt hit a homer during the regular season, AJ didnt steal a base, and El Duque.... well hasnt pitched like that with us.

1951Campbell
10-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Huh?

elrod
10-07-2005, 10:52 PM
I was actually thinking that too. It'd be quite a nice time to break through our terrible slump of not winning more than 8 in a row...

WinOrDyeTrying
10-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Huh?

Maybe you would better understand if I used teal. Basically, it was a joke.

ja1022
10-07-2005, 11:30 PM
This is the first time they got past seven all season too. Eight more gets 'em to the promised land. I say lets Double Down!!

Brian26
10-07-2005, 11:38 PM
This is the first time they got past seven all season too.

I could be wrong, but I think they have had two eight-game winning streaks this year during the regular season, and this is now their third. They haven't had a nine-game streak.....yet.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-07-2005, 11:46 PM
I could be wrong, but I think they have had two eight-game winning streaks this year during the regular season, and this is now their third. They haven't had a nine-game streak.....yet.

The Sox are playing some very good baseball right now. However the playoffs are an entirely different animal from the regular season. In the playoffs everything resets after each round. the Sox record on the morning of October 4 was 0-0, same as the other seven playoff teams.

Those 8-game streaks came in the middle of a 162 game schedule. Teams are up and down throughout those six months and the intensity is simply not there.

That's a big reason why postseason statistics are kept separate from regular season ones. Every playoff series is like a whole new season.

The Sox record on the morning of October 11 will again be 0-0.

No worries.
:cool: