PDA

View Full Version : Old Sox baseball cards

whitesoxfan1986
10-07-2005, 10:16 PM
I just dug through my old baseball cards ( all from early 90s) and came up with some pretty obscure players. I wonder if anybody remembers when these guys played for the Sox? here is my list: Norberto Martin, Dane Johnson, Warren Newson, Paul Assenmacher, Dennis Cook,Greg Hibbard, Eric King, Tom Drees, Jose DeLeon, Craig Grebeck, Joe Hall, Dann Howitt, and Mike LaValliere.

Any thoughts?

SoxFan64
10-07-2005, 10:43 PM
I had (read past tense) a Bruce Howard card. He was the guy the Sox kept instead of Denny McLane (sp?).

Who was the bright GM on that move?

RadioheadRocks
10-07-2005, 10:48 PM
I haven't kept up with my collection, but I still have every regular-issued White Sox card (Topps, Fleer, Donruss, etc.) from 1964 through 1992 and lots of the limited Sox cards like Kelloggs' 3-D, Hostess, etc. Right around '92 is when it started getting a little pricey for me, with the new Stadium Club and premium cards (some of which were $20 a crack when they were first issued!); not too good for someone just getting out of college <sigh>.

BTW The only one from 1963 that I'm missing is the Al Weis rookie (which also happens to be the Pete Rose rookie).

LongLiveFisk
10-07-2005, 11:18 PM
I just dug through my old baseball cards ( all from early 90s) and came up with some pretty obscure players. I wonder if anybody remembers when these guys played for the Sox? here is my list: Norberto Martin, Dane Johnson, Warren Newson, Paul Assenmacher, Dennis Cook,Greg Hibbard, Eric King, Tom Drees, Jose DeLeon, Craig Grebeck, Joe Hall, Dann Howitt, and Mike LaValliere.

Any thoughts?

Most of those guys were mentioned in the "Forgotten Sox" thread from about a month or two back.