PDA

View Full Version : What should Manny do with those batting gloves?

cal1003
10-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Crazy Carl showed some good sportsmanship as we saw today... but after Manny hit that homer, he snapped off his gloves before he even left home plate, yeah he's done that in the past, but where are those gloves now?

OH YEAH, HANGING IN THE LOCKER ROOM FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!

Dan1972
10-07-2005, 10:13 PM
I know of one place where he can put them.

cheeses_h_rice
10-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Manny cemented his status as a disgraceful piece of **** arrogant ******* after tonight's performance, that's for certain.

antitwins13
10-07-2005, 10:16 PM
I know of one place where he can stick them.

I do to. I just hope you don't get banned for the inference.

zach074
10-07-2005, 10:18 PM
How about the pop up into short left that Manny just stood there with his arms crossed for and the short stop ran out and got it.

cal1003
10-07-2005, 11:06 PM
i forgot about that too, what great sportsmanship... do you think he'll be benched come opening day next year? along with Ortiz for not running out that hit in game 1 at the cell that pods dove for and missed and it rolled to the wall... are these guys that high on themselves? why am i even asking that, of course they are!

Blob
10-07-2005, 11:10 PM
i forgot about that too, what great sportsmanship... do you think he'll be benched come opening day next year? along with Ortiz for not running out that hit in game 1 at the cell that pods dove for and missed and it rolled to the wall... are these guys that high on themselves? why am i even asking that, of course they are!

They have a right to be cocky, they have won so many championships.

beckett21
10-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Lighten up, guys. It was just Manny being Manny. :redneck

JorgeFabregas
10-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Let's give him a break, guys. It's really hard to jog a few feet with batting gloves on, let alone 360.

Optipessimism
10-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Cut the guy some slack, he may very well be the best loser on that whole team.

ja1022
10-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Damn Konerko. He needs to take some lessons from Manny on how to Cadillac around the bases. What the hell--just drop the bat and run? C'mon.

1951Campbell
10-07-2005, 11:37 PM
but where are those gloves now?

Cupping Boras' testicles.

CaptainBallz
10-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Thanks for bringing that up and reminding me why I LOVE this team. Konerko gets the go ahead, knows it, and runs the bases like a baseball player. What gets in these guys' heads I'll never know, but I have never and will never think that behaviour is respectable.

Let history be the judge.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-07-2005, 11:55 PM
I like what Carlton Fisk had to say to someone else afflicted with the same problem as Manny.

"Someday this game is going to shove that bat ten feet up your ass."

:cool:

MeteorsSox4367
10-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Farmer got on Manny for not having his head in the game during the latter stages. Big deal that he hit a home run to right that would have been an out in a lot of other parks.

Not that I'm advocating any violence, but when our Sox play Boston next year and Ramirez is up, oh, I don't know, maybe drill 'em in the ribs with one. Just sayin'...

I hope Ramirez and Big Sloppy enjoy the offseason.

Ol' No. 2
10-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Farmer got on Manny for not having his head in the game during the latter stages. Big deal that he hit a home run to right that would have been an out in a lot of other parks.

Not that I'm advocating any violence, but when our Sox play Boston next year and Ramirez is up, oh, I don't know, maybe drill 'em in the ribs with one. Just sayin'...

I hope Ramirez and Big Sloppy enjoy the offseason.No need. They already got even in the best way possible.:smile:

GregoryEtc
10-08-2005, 12:29 AM
It is reassuring to know that the "child" will have all off season to replay his home run over and over and adore it in the comfort of his own home... But I disagree that beating them was enough to get even with him. He didn't care if they won. He only cares about one thing. Himself.

He is a perfect example of what is wrong with the game today. No hitter of ANY stature would have been able to get away with that nonsense in the 60's. I will never call him by his first name again because he is no 'man'. He is a child. He is a disgrace to the game of baseball and we don't need to tolerate it simple because he can hit. Every baseball fan should be disgusted by him. Showing up a pitcher like that has no place in our game.

(oh an by the way, guess who's asking to be traded in the off-season?)

bridgeportcopper
10-08-2005, 12:43 AM
I agree 1000% - drill that stroke first time we face him next year! On the other hand enjoy your offeason Manny, Papi, Johnny, Ben Affleck, Steven King Peter Gammons, Chris Berman and all you other members of the east coast traveling ass-licking douchebag society!