PDA

View Full Version : Love from Red Sox fans

spawn
10-07-2005, 07:56 PM
I checked out this Red Sox Forum...very classy and knowledgeable fans.

Sons of Sam Horn (http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=1131&st=0)

gobears1987
10-07-2005, 08:02 PM
wow, that's all I can say. I guess these fans aren't as similar to FLub fans as I thought. They are knowledgable and love Ozzie's use of the pen. They even agree they have to dump the power only hitters and revamp their team for pitching and defense.

tebman
10-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Gotta agree. Very classy comments.

It's a pleasure to play against a team that has truly knowledgeable fans. Whereas, I can think of some other teams...

spawn
10-07-2005, 08:05 PM
wow, that's all I can say. I guess these fans aren't as similar to FLub fans as I thought. They are knowledgable and love Ozzie's use of the pen. They even agree they have to dump the power only hitters and revamp their team for pitching and defense.

They also aren't making excuses, like blaming Graffinino's error for their losing the series, very much unlike Cub fans and Bartman. They acknowledged the WSox outplayed them. Very gracious.

The_Floridian
10-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Beautiful

Here's lookin' at Boston. :gulp:

LongLiveFisk
10-07-2005, 08:09 PM
A lot of them are very decent people who are congratulating us on their mlb.com board (which is hellaciously full of trolls), so I have to give them credit for being cool about it. And, to be fair, some Cubs fans were also congratulating us.

Thanks, guys. I'm glad some people still believe in good sportsmanship! :gulp:

Sox of White
10-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Wow, that is somewhat of a surprise. I am very impressed with those fans. The Red Sox fans just earned a lot of respect from this man. Not as similar to scrub fans as I thought.

Fungo
10-07-2005, 08:10 PM
The Red Sox and their fans were pure class. Very complimentary.

Hokiesox
10-07-2005, 08:12 PM
I'm glad they gave the squeeze props on the board (1 guy did). It was the most beautiful thing I've seen all season. Perfectly executed by a guy who, let's face it, hasn't been the best bunter for 2 years. Props to Uribe for laying down the perfect squeeze bunt.

I love fundamental baseball, and if anyone has a tape of that ninth inning, I want to show it to every little league team in existence. This is how baseball is meant to be played. Get on base, get to second, move the runner to third, then squeeze him home with a beautiful bunt.

Unbelievable. It's been a while since we saw the White Sox play flawless fundamental baseball so well. And a darn fine feeling too.

Fenway
10-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Wow, that is somewhat of a surprise. I am very impressed with those fans. The Red Sox fans just earned a lot of respect from this man. Not as similar to scrub fans as I thought.

I have been saying that for months :smile:

Stroker Ace
10-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Guess that they aren't all bad. Thanks!

jabrch
10-07-2005, 08:17 PM
They sure are riding Theo Oopstein pretty hard.

pczarapa
10-07-2005, 08:21 PM

That's 'cauz they already have a World Series ring in their lifetime. Time to get ours!

Optipessimism
10-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Wow! I guess I was wrong about Boston fans. Two things for you guys: we'll beat the Yanks if the Angels don't, and I hope you guys take the AL East next year so we can meet again, this time in the ALCS.

Bucky F. Dent
10-07-2005, 08:27 PM
I'm not suprised that the Red Sox have acted with class, its never the team or the player (i.e Brett Farve) that annoys me, its the media shills that attempt to deify them that drives me nuts!

cornball
10-07-2005, 08:29 PM
It is funny how none of these people knew anything about the White Sox. The preception was all small ball, when we had more hr's than they did.

Overall classy thread by them.

Foulke You
10-07-2005, 08:36 PM
wow, that's all I can say. I guess these fans aren't as similar to FLub fans as I thought.
I've always felt the "Red Cub" tag was undeserving. Having been to Fenway Park many times, I can honestly say that the average Boston fan has forgotten more about baseball than the average Cub fan. They know the game and you can have an intelligent conversation about baseball with most of them. Try that at Wrigley Field and you'll be looking for a while.:cool:

NDSox12
10-07-2005, 08:41 PM
I've always felt the "Red Cub" tag was undeserving. Having been to Fenway Park many times, I can honestly say that the average Boston fan has forgotten more about baseball than the average Cub fan. They know the game and you can have an intelligent conversation about baseball with most of them. Try that at Wrigley Field and you'll be looking for a while.:cool:

I agree. The "Red Cub" tag is undeserving and inaccurate. Quite honestly, the Cubs and Red Sox have virtually nothing in common except that they both play in old stadiums and had (have) long championship dry spells. Other than that...

Red Sox fans care a great deal about W's and L's. They live and die with their team, much the way we do. Unlike the Cubs, they had been on the verge of championships on many occassions even before last season. Finally, Red Sox fans know baseball.

Granted, the Red Sox also have a lot of recent bandwagon jumpers, so I'm really only talking about the true, die hard Red Sox fans. If anything, I would say they have more in common with the White Sox than the Cubs. Hopefully they'll have one more thing in common in a couple weeks, a recent World Series Championship!

Fenway
10-07-2005, 08:46 PM
It is funny how none of these people knew anything about the White Sox. The preception was all small ball, when we had more hr's than they did.

Overall classy thread by them.

blame MLB for that

East teams simply don't see Central teams. The only Central team we saw for 10 this year was Detroit

BTW all summer long I was telling my Red Sox buddies "trust me the one team we don't wanna see in October is Chicago" they all laughed at me

Domeshot17
10-07-2005, 08:49 PM
I just got off the phone with my management professor who was at fenway for this game. He said he took a ton of greif in his big hurt jersey during the game, but after, the people that got on him the most were the first to shake his hands, tell him great team great season, and a few offered to buy him a drink for giving him so much garbage.

He said the way the crowd picked up Graff was amazing, I never saw much difference between red sox and yankee fans, but yankee fans just boo'd RJ off the field after a bad game

Red Sox Fans went nuts for Graffanino

Way to go Red Sox Fans!!

PaleHoseGeorge
10-07-2005, 08:50 PM
I've always felt the "Red Cub" tag was undeserving. Having been to Fenway Park many times, I can honestly say that the average Boston fan has forgotten more about baseball than the average Cub fan. They know the game and you can have an intelligent conversation about baseball with most of them. Try that at Wrigley Field and you'll be looking for a while.

I considered the "Red Cubs" moniker more a reaction to how Chicago's idiotic baseball fans (i.e. Lovable Loser fans) would have jumped with both feet onto Boston's bandwagon if given any opportunity to do so. The sweep made the point moot. If this series went 5 games this city would have been overrun with newly-minted "Red Cubs" fans

Yes, there are some idiotic Red Sox fans just like there are some idiotic Sox Fans. However these "fans" are the exception, not the rule. Once you start talking about those ****ing idiots hanging around the Urinal, it's a whole different ballgame.

If I was a Red Sox fan I would deeply resent the Flubbie fans trying to climb aboard my bandwagon. They are idiots and I would definitely set them straight about what makes me different than them -- especially on matters concerning old ballparks and curses, the two things for which those idiots feel a kindred spirit to Red Sox fans.

:o:

A. Cavatica
10-07-2005, 08:51 PM
This is great!

The Red Sox fans I know are good fans, baseball addicts who had endured way more than their share of crushing defeats at the hands of the Yankees.

They got their turn, and they're gracious about ours.

I rooted hard for the Red Sox last year, took delight in the way they savaged New York, and I'm glad to see Boston fans returning the compliment.

whitesoxfan1986
10-07-2005, 08:51 PM
guys I have a confession.... I have liked the Red Sox since I was 8 ....just not as much as the White Sox. I was happy for them last year. there is a good reason behind it: my little league team was called the Red Sox. I have a picture of me in a circa 1995 red sox uniform looking like a baseball card. I remember watching them that whole year that I was on that little league team. Mo Vaughn was their 1B and Canseco was their RF. I remember cheering them that year, but after that I lost interest in baseball until the cheaters broke Roger Maris' HR record. In 2000 when the White Sox had a good year, I got really interested in baseball and went back to my white sox roots again. when I was a little kid I went to at least 3 white sox games every summer. though I don't remember any of the players on those teams besides Ozzie, Frank and Black Jack. My dad stopped going to baseball games after the strike, and we didn't go again until the 2000 season.

Fenway
10-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Red Sox Fans went nuts for Graffanino

Way to go Red Sox Fans!!

It wasn't a surprise

Back in 1990 an ex MLB player got an invitation from the Red Sox to go to spring training. He worked his butt off and made the team.

On Opening Day he got the biggest cheer from the crowd

his name was Bill Buckner

CallMeNuts
10-07-2005, 09:03 PM

The "Red Cub" name came from Cub fans wearing Boston stuff and rooting for the Red Sox. Not vice-versa. It's not the Red Sox fault that this happened. Red Sox fans are not Cub fans. They do know there baseball.

KnightSox
10-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Pure class but it's not suprising. All teams have smart fans that tell it like it is, and they also have morons who know nothing that resort to simply posting 'White Sox suck". Good clean series Boston, it was playoff baseball at it's best!

antitwins13
10-07-2005, 09:12 PM
It's nice to see these Red Cub fans bow out with class.

Domeshot17
10-07-2005, 09:16 PM
another note on this, check out the horrid mlb.com board on the red sox site, they are taking plenty of heat from YANKEE fans, and it sounds like most red sox fans are pulling for us now, plenty of comments wanting us vs the cardinals as both are " Class Acts" not payroll and cheaters like the angels and Yanks

skobabe8
10-07-2005, 09:17 PM
There is a small fraction of fans from every team that are true "fans", know their baseball, and are gracious in defeat. Boston has a huge percentage of people outside of this small fraction that are arrogant and dumb that make us dislike them as a whole. The people that made those comments are the real fans and extrremely classy.

To those fans, thank you for the comments and congratulations on a year that alot of teams would love to have.

32nd&Wallace
10-07-2005, 09:18 PM
how about this post. brought a tear to my eye.:

I'd like to offer my congratulations to the White Sox as well. They were the better team this series and earned a spot in the next competition. And, they did it with class. Everything I've read, every interview I've seen on tv has been filled with guys who showed enthusiasm for their position and respect for their competition. They never seemed full of themselves and always spoke well of the Red Sox.

On a side note -- I worked today's game. One of the classiest things I've ever seen -- the White Sox bullpen coach out in right field just after their batting practice was done. That guy handed out balls to the youngest of kids, signed autograph after autograph for anyone who asked, posed for pictures and even put little kids on his shoulder and backed up to the grass so their parents could snap a shot of them. I asked a White Sox fan who he was and they explained it was their bullpen catcher, Man Soo Lee and that he does that at every home game...signing autographs for everyone that asks. Classy guy and, when their team was introduced there was an ovation from the right field stands when Lee was announced.

So, if it can't be for my beloved boys (oh, how I wanted to be in the park for more excitement), then I'm rooting for the White Sox. Go Sox!

MarySwiss
10-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Very nice! Thanks, Red Sox fans.

Nyls Nyman
10-07-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm not surprised. I lived in Boston for 2 1/2 years, and still work for a company headquartered (with half our staff) there. Red Sox fans are some of the most thoughtful and knowledgable fans out there, and they're not going to that POS ballpark just to drink beer and get a tan.

SluggersAway
10-07-2005, 09:22 PM
These folks are the cream of the crop. Not quite so representative of the entire red sox nation.

HotelWhiteSox
10-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Very classy, I think the Flubbie like fans we have seen are the bandwagoners who jumped on last year or during their postseason experiences. The real ones seem very passionate and stuck with their team in the past.

Also, I don't fault Red Sox fans for not expecting us to be as good as we actually are, what else do they have to go by other than crappy national media?, it's not like they're keeping specific tabs on teams outside their division

I was very surprised, however, at Fenway when watching TV today. It seemed dead during the first 4 innings, maybe a lot of suits were in the house, but they really didn't get into it until the back to back HRs. I just expected wire to wire hostility, especially with the '10th man' reputation, and it didn't seem to come til the 4th. Possibly the fans being down from the first two games? That or the ESPN audio just didn't show the atmoshphere

soxjim
10-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Very Classy. Have an example myself. While getting a blizzard at DQ a guy with a Red Sox jacket shook my hand and wished us luck the rest of the way.

batmanZoSo
10-07-2005, 10:42 PM
I'm impressed with Red Sox fans here. They have it right, we're just a better team especially in a playoff situation. I guess it's easy to be gracious losers when you're coming off the celebration of a lifetime a year ago. If we were to win it all here and get swept next year, it wouldn't hurt that much.

Palehose13
10-08-2005, 12:07 AM
I'm surprised. Thanks guys! I won't call you the red cubs again...you definitely know more about baseball than they do.

It's our turn!!!! Go Sox!!!!

1951Campbell
10-08-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm not surprised. I lived in Boston for 2 1/2 years, and still work for a company headquartered (with half our staff) there. Red Sox fans are some of the most thoughtful and knowledgable fans out there, and they're not going to that POS ballpark just to drink beer and get a tan.

Let's not get too sentimental here. Yesterday they were still saying "c'mon, they're the White Sox." And I lived there for 5 years, let me assure you that there's a vast majority that can't find "flyover country" on a map, let alone give the Sox credit for a sweep that was pretty emphatic.

elrod
10-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Let's not get too sentimental here. Yesterday they were still saying "c'mon, they're the White Sox." And I lived there for 5 years, let me assure you that there's a vast majority that can't find "flyover country" on a map, let alone give the Sox credit for a sweep that was pretty emphatic.

I'm an East Coaster through and through. Born in New Jersey, moved to Virginia as a child. I've lived in Evanston since 2000 but I've been a White Sox fan since 1982. When the American flag has 13 stripes, and the only one of them that represents a "state" that doesn't touch the Atlantic Ocean is Pennsylvania, you can understand why people on the East Coast (not just the Northeast) don't pay much attention to the Midwest. When I see all these stupid designer flags with 15 stars on them, I can only laugh because Illinois is only State #21 and it doesn't even gets its props on Old Glory. Well, I've had too many Maker's Marks tonight so I don't know what the point of my post was. BTW, Kentucky was State #15 - Vermont was 14, KY was 15, TN 16, OH 17, LA 18, IN, 19, MS, 20, IL 21, AL 22. I wonder if the stupid Flag Desecration Amendment passes, "flags" with fewer than 50 stars and 13 stripes will lead to prosecution.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-08-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm an East Coaster through and through. Born in New Jersey, moved to Virginia as a child. I've lived in Evanston since 2000 but I've been a White Sox fan since 1982. When the American flag has 13 stripes, and the only one of them that represents a "state" that doesn't touch the Atlantic Ocean is Pennsylvania, you can understand why people on the East Coast (not just the Northeast) don't pay much attention to the Midwest. When I see all these stupid designer flags with 15 stars on them, I can only laugh because Illinois is only State #21 and it doesn't even gets its props on Old Glory. Well, I've had too many Maker's Marks tonight so I don't know what the point of my post was. BTW, Kentucky was State #15 - Vermont was 14, KY was 15, TN 16, OH 17, LA 18, IN, 19, MS, 20, IL 21, AL 22. I wonder if the stupid Flag Desecration Amendment passes, "flags" with fewer than 50 stars and 13 stripes will lead to prosecution.

Been drinking, huh?

:gulp:

elrod
10-08-2005, 12:35 AM
Been drinking, huh?

:gulp:

Oh yeah! No better way to celebrate than with a few Maker's Marks...

TDog
10-08-2005, 12:36 AM
I've always felt the "Red Cub" tag was undeserving. ...

If the situations were reversed, I doubt you would see as many posts congratulating the Red Sox at WSI. I don't imagine there would be a lot of trash talking in defeat. I'm guessing there would be a little congratulation toward them and more venom directed at our own. But as someone else pointed out, that might be easier a year after winning a World Series title.

There are some classy Red Sox fans on the board, -- obviously a lot classier than the ones around Chicago who became Red Sox fans when the ALDS pairings were announced.

dugwood31
10-08-2005, 12:38 AM
On a side note -- I worked today's game. One of the classiest things I've ever seen -- the White Sox bullpen coach out in right field just after their batting practice was done. That guy handed out balls to the youngest of kids, signed autograph after autograph for anyone who asked, posed for pictures and even put little kids on his shoulder and backed up to the grass so their parents could snap a shot of them. I asked a White Sox fan who he was and they explained it was their bullpen catcher, Man Soo Lee and that he does that at every home game...signing autographs for everyone that asks. Classy guy and, when their team was introduced there was an ovation from the right field stands when Lee was announced.

I'm glad the Korean HR champ has been introduced to the world.

About Red Sox fans: My guess is that the hardcore fans are cool, just like the hardcore fans of every other team. It's just that when they got trendy, the whole Red Sox "thing" got annoying. Five years ago Sox-Red Sox games were more or less like any other game. Then, from out of nowhere, those games were sold out and about a quarter of the stands were filled with BoSox fans. They become the Cubs of the AL.

I've known lots of Red Sox fans that know baseball, just as I've known lots of Cub fans who know the game. It's the annoying bandwagon jumpers that I have a problem with.

1951Campbell
10-08-2005, 12:43 AM
Maybe I've been too mean? I don't know. I submit for your approval:

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=1131&st=0
Elrod, relax. We won! :D:

Joosh
10-08-2005, 01:05 AM
I'm surprised. Thanks guys! I won't call you the red cubs again...you definitely know more about baseball than they do.

It's our turn!!!! Go Sox!!!!

Yeah, me either. It's very nice to see, and I take back anything bad I ever said about Red Sox fans.

Now we need to fufill their requests and go all the way.:bandance:

NWSox
10-08-2005, 01:09 AM
I love this quote:

When you think that non-roster Brandon McCarthy would have been the Red Sox game one starter if he was on the team, I think you can understand that the better team won.

Very true and very classy.

NDSox12
10-08-2005, 01:09 AM

This is easily one of the funniest posts I've ever read.... maybe because I'm equally as drunk (though my drink of choise has been Miller Lite, not Maker's Mark). What a night!

dropkick371
10-08-2005, 01:14 AM
Very gracious. I expected this from Red Sox fans, considering the cross section that I've come in contact with. They're a classy bunch. Yeah, there's also a bunch of schmucks, but you have that with any group of fans.

MushMouth
10-08-2005, 01:17 AM
Good friend of mine and I had a bet - dinner/drinks in each others respective towns (he's in NYC now), but here's what he wrote me soon after the game ended:

"Congrats dood and good luck, I hope its you and the stros

The better team won"

Hey, they watched the same series as we did. Our pitching was amazing. That wins.

ChiSoxRowand
10-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Those were some classy comments. You probably won't hear comments like that from Yankee fans if we beat them in the ALCS.

ferdinandshen
10-08-2005, 05:21 AM
I asked my Red Sox buddy to be color blind for the rest of month. He can still say GO SOX anyway. :D:

wassagstdu
10-08-2005, 09:25 AM

That's true, but I was also struck by the importance of the rules that the WSI mods enforce and how much better that forum would be if they did the same.

BeviBall!
10-08-2005, 09:28 AM
It's nice to read... they seem classy now that ther series is over. It was pretty over the top last week.

Railsplitter
10-08-2005, 09:31 AM

15 star and 15 stripe flags were in use from 1795 to 1818, when the 13 stripes, one star per state came out

wassagstdu
10-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Talk about class, I was really impressed when they cheered Tony Grafanino in the intros before the game. Some of the most knowledgeable and sensible fans in the world are Red Sox fans. Lately they also have their share of yahoos (picking a fight with the Yankee bullpen) and CubSawx fans, but that gesture showed me who the real Red Sox fans are.

delben91
10-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Incredibly classy on the part of the Red Sox fans, you love to see that kind of sportsmanship off the field.

The_Floridian
10-08-2005, 10:32 AM
A buddy of mine in Cape Cod just wrote to say congratulations.

He signed it, "There's always last year."

:D:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-08-2005, 10:36 AM
A buddy of mine in Cape Cod just wrote to say congratulations.

He signed it, "There's always last year."

:D:

Hey, that's pretty good!
:thumbsup:

We Bears fans have been saying it for 20 years now. And still counting.
:cool:

Fenway
10-08-2005, 11:17 AM
BTW The Fenway Park PA played Jake and Elwood singing "Sweet Home Chicago" after the game

and the scoreboard said "131 Days to Pitchers and Catchers" :whiner:

TomBradley72
10-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Every interaction I've had with the Red Sox and their organization has been 100% classy. After game 2 Wednesday night...we were tailgating...a few BoSox fans came by...we gave each other a little grief...then they walked over....clinked beer bottles and they said to us "If we don't win it....we want you guys to take it all". Nearly every fan I encountered was the same theme: knowledgable, passionate, but not obnoxious and clueless...like the fans to the north.

FielderJones
10-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Not all the SOSH fans are grounded in reality:

I have to disagree with a couple folks upstream who are saying that the ChiSox are a very good team. They don't impress me that much; despite our Sox' weaknesses, Boston should have won this series. I really think the winner of MFYs/Halos mops up the Pale Hose. So....go Angels! I'd really like to watch the World Series, but I won't tune in for a moment if the MFYs are involved.

Yeah, 99 wins in the regular season, sweep the world champs and celebrate in their house, and they are not a very good team. The luckiest team in the history of major league baseball to win 102 games. No talent at all.

You have got to be ****ing kidding. :rolleyes:

Unregistered
10-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Not all the SOSH fans are grounded in reality:

Yeah, 99 wins in the regular season, sweep the world champs and celebrate in their house, and they are not a very good team. The luckiest team in the history of major league baseball to win 102 games. No talent at all.

*****. :rolleyes:
This one really bothered me:
So, I'm not happy the Sox lost, but they lost to a better team and I'm fine with that. But I live in Chicago, and most White Sox fans are awful. I have no affiliation to the White Sox nor Cubs, so I could really care less about either team until this series.

White Sox fans have been extremely cocky all season (sans September), especially since they clinched. Listening to the radio this week, no announcer or fan that I listened to on ESPN 1000 gave any team other than the Cardinals even a fighting chance against them. Jose Contreras is the best pitcher in the game? Check. Paul Konerko the most clutch? Check. It's annoying, and I know no Red Sox fan that would have treated the competition in any previous postseason pre-2005 the same way. Especially since the 2004 Red Sox team was better than this 2005 White Sox team by a long shot.

White Sox fans are Yankee fans without rings. Here's hoping they don't get one. Every Sox fan I know has been nothing but nervous and cautious since practically the All Star Break. Yankee Fans? *****. :rolleyes:

This is clearly a North Side transplant that's fallen under the Cubby-Love spell...

FarWestChicago
10-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Not all the SOSH fans are grounded in reality:Let's be realistic, there are plenty of idiots posting here, too. I would not want to be judged by their posts. :redneck

CHI_SOX_4_LIFE
10-08-2005, 12:32 PM
http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=62&threadID=2476236&lastPostID=14581480

go there and read anything from BigWowTrump. he is the reason that bo sox fans are compared to cubs fans. this guy is an idiot

PortlandSoxFan
10-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Just wanted to come in and post my congrats. Count me as one of the Red Sox fans (and SoSH members) who just thinks that the White Sox are flat out a better team.

Sure, games 2 and 3 could have gone either way, but the better team came out on top both times.

Congrats again, and good luck in the ALCS. This Sox fan is changing his colors for a couple of weeks.

kevin57
10-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Just wanted to come in and post my congrats. Count me as one of the Red Sox fans (and SoSH members) who just thinks that the White Sox are flat out a better team.

Sure, games 2 and 3 could have gone either way, but the better team came out on top both times.

Congrats again, and good luck in the ALCS. This Sox fan is changing his colors for a couple of weeks.

Thanks. Graciously said.

flo-B-flo
10-08-2005, 11:37 PM
how about this post. brought a tear to my eye.:

I'd like to offer my congratulations to the White Sox as well. They were the better team this series and earned a spot in the next competition. And, they did it with class. Everything I've read, every interview I've seen on tv has been filled with guys who showed enthusiasm for their position and respect for their competition. They never seemed full of themselves and always spoke well of the Red Sox.

So, if it can't be for my beloved boys (oh, how I wanted to be in the park for more excitement), then I'm rooting for the White Sox. Go Sox! "sniff"......I know Good stuff.

fox2
10-09-2005, 11:57 AM
That's true, but I was also struck by the importance of the rules that the WSI mods enforce and how much better that forum would be if they did the same.

Agreed. I always thought anyone who has to use 4-letter Anglo-Saxon terms for biological functions to express his feelings was simply showing that he was too dumb to think of anything better. By the way, here's another Boston message board that goes pretty much the same way, but with our rules.
http://www.redsoxnation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18495&view=findpost&p=412236

Hangar18
10-09-2005, 06:27 PM
That's 'cauz they already have a World Series ring in their lifetime. Time to get ours!

YES, this was a story unto itself.

They showed fans walking out of the park, and a number of them were saying "GOOD LUCK? "Beat the Yankees" "Keep going, dont stop now" "We had our glory, its your turn now....good Luck" "I hope you guys go all the way" "I'll be rooting for you guys the rest of the way" I was very surprised, and wasnt expecting that. Cheers for being gracious in defeat.

Cambridge
10-09-2005, 06:31 PM
the interviews by Cambridge; although they are admittedly mainly of Red Sox minor league players.

Not that most people here would care, but it's probably closer to 55% or 60%. There are over 100 that are not MiL players.

BTW: Kudos to the outstanding job done with the interviews and commentary here on on WIS. Excellent work.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled broadcast.

Soxfanspcu11
10-09-2005, 07:15 PM
I said about 2 months ago or so on here that comparing Red Sox fans to Cubs fans was an insult to Red Sox fans and a few people jumped all over me for saying it and saying that "well, thats the point". The Red Sox fans that are friends of mine and the ones I have encountered have always been nice, respectful and most importantly, knowledgable of baseball. Cubs fans are arrogant jerks who are horrible people. They know absolutely nothing about baseball and blame everyone except for those who deserve blame for their team/organizations short-comings. I stood by my comment then and now I am even more convinced that I am right. Could you imagine a Cubs fan giving the Sox credit for well, anything??? No way.

PortlandSoxFan
10-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Not that most people here would care, but it's probably closer to 55% or 60%. There are over 100 that are not MiL players.

BTW: Kudos to the outstanding job done with the interviews and commentary here on on WIS. Excellent work.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled broadcast.

I guess what I meant to imply was that most of the interviews probably don't have as much interest to people who don't have more than a passing interest in the Red Sox...but they are still top notch.

ilsox7
10-09-2005, 07:33 PM
I said about 2 months ago or so on here that comparing Red Sox fans to Cubs fans was an insult to Red Sox fans and a few people jumped all over me for saying it and saying that "well, thats the point". The Red Sox fans that are friends of mine and the ones I have encountered have always been nice, respectful and most importantly, knowledgable of baseball. Cubs fans are arrogant jerks who are horrible people. They know absolutely nothing about baseball and blame everyone except for those who deserve blame for their team/organizations short-comings. I stood by my comment then and now I am even more convinced that I am right. Could you imagine a Cubs fan giving the Sox credit for well, anything??? No way.

You don't know any decent Cub fans then. Every fan base has their share of idiotic, bandwagon know-nothings (yes, even the Sox and even some on WSI :o:). Some fan bases obviously have more than others, but regardless the team, you will find good, knowledgable fans out there.

Also, just b/c a fan does not know much about their team does not make them a bad person.

Soxfanspcu11
10-09-2005, 07:41 PM
I used to not hate the Cubs like I do now. Back in 1998, I actually rooted for them vs the Braves. However, CONSTANT insults from Cub fans have made me hate the Cubs as much as the Packers. And yeah I know that no baseball knowledge does not make you a bad person, but when a person continues to insult the sox and has no facts or even the slightest baseball knowledge to back it up, it does show that they likely have some sort of personal issues. I hate the Cubs but I could give a million reasons why. Cubs fans hate the Sox and most couldn't tell you why. Cubs fans are just mean-spirited people. I know that's a generalization but the ones I know are just jerks who act like they are better then everyone else.

DenverSock
10-09-2005, 08:22 PM
So, I'm not happy the Sox lost, but they lost to a better team and I'm fine with that. But I live in Chicago, and most White Sox fans are awful. I have no affiliation to the White Sox nor Cubs, so I could really care less about either team until this series.

White Sox fans have been extremely cocky all season (sans September), especially since they clinched. Listening to the radio this week, no announcer or fan that I listened to on ESPN 1000 gave any team other than the Cardinals even a fighting chance against them. Jose Contreras is the best pitcher in the game? Check. Paul Konerko the most clutch? Check. It's annoying, and I know no Red Sox fan that would have treated the competition in any previous postseason pre-2005 the same way. Especially since the 2004 Red Sox team was better than this 2005 White Sox team by a long shot.

White Sox fans are Yankee fans without rings. Here's hoping they don't get one.

I can't believe I just read that. As has been pointed out by many posters every and I do mean every team has knowledgeble and gracious fans.
But there are huge differences between Yankee fans and White Sox Fans. We certainly have less arrogance.