PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Them Home!!!

chisoxfan83
10-07-2005, 08:00 PM
When someone finds out when this plane comes in, post it on here. They deserve a big crowd. There were a few of us out there after the Clev. series lets get a big crowd out there!!!!!!!!!

Law11
10-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Where will they be and when??? :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

chisoxfan83
10-07-2005, 08:21 PM
well I cant answer the when.... but they will be at 63rd and laramie right outside midway. I am waiting for word on when they come back

JohnBasedowYoda
10-07-2005, 08:27 PM
i heard they might not depart until about 2 hours from now or so. It's 7:20 central as i post this

dickallen15
10-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Pods said they weren't coming home until tomorrow.

Domeshot17
10-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Im on methodone for my back cuz i need surgery and cant drive. Girlfriend willbe in Indiana for a family party, anyone going to welcome them and anywhere near ogden and first ave wanna pick me up and make 10 bucks, ill buy lunch and some gas

jfinsocal
10-07-2005, 09:17 PM
My cousin flew out to the game today, I just spoke to him (9 PM ET) and he was at the Sox hotel bar in Boston waiting for the team to return. I don't know for sure but I got the impression that the flight home was tomorrow.

I told him to buy El Duque a drink of anything he wanted.

Go Sox!!

Foulke You
10-07-2005, 10:04 PM
I have a feeling those guys will be drinking it up tonight in Beantown and nursing a hangover tomorrow afternoon on a charter back to Chicago. Just a feeling.:D:

hsnterprize
10-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Corey McPherrin on Fox 32 News says the Sox will arrive at Midway sometime around 1PM tomorrow. He also said they'll get out of the airport near 63rd and Laramie, which is across the street from a 5/3 Bank branch if you're not familiar with the area.

The parking lot is on 63rd Street between Cicero and Central Avenues on the south side of Midway Airport if you want to come see them. BRING SIGNS!!!!!!

dllrbll7
10-07-2005, 10:37 PM
My brother is out in boston and talked to kurchner and he said they were leaving around 8:30am or so...whether thats central time i dont know or if thats what time the plane departs or when they leave the hotel but thats the info i got

DieTrying79
10-08-2005, 01:41 AM
Man, I fly into Midway at 5 p.m. tomorrow. I'll probably just miss them!

Chicago
10-08-2005, 01:58 AM
Is there any way someone can find out for sure the time/date???

Cat Thief
10-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Is there any way someone can find out for sure the time/date???

If you find this out Please Post!

hsnterprize
10-08-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm on the phone with WBBM NewsRadio 780. I talk to them while I'm working at the Illinois Radio Network. One of the head producers is telling me the plane should arrive at Midway at around 12:45 this afternoon. "American White Sox 1" is the designation for the flight according to the FAA.

rocky biddle
10-08-2005, 10:54 AM
I heard the McPherrin (sp?) segment last night saying their plane lands at Midway at 1pm. But this morning the Channel 5 news at 9am said they were already on their way and would be landing at 10:30. Keep in mind though, this lady had completely screwed up about 3 stories before this, so I really wouldn't be surprised if she was wrong. If someone has the definite time, please post it. Thanks a lot.

hsnterprize
10-08-2005, 11:41 AM
I heard the McPherrin (sp?) segment last night saying their plane lands at Midway at 1pm. But this morning the Channel 5 news at 9am said they were already on their way and would be landing at 10:30. Keep in mind though, this lady had completely screwed up about 3 stories before this, so I really wouldn't be surprised if she was wrong. If someone has the definite time, please post it. Thanks a lot.I heard McPherrin say the 1PM landing time too. I didn't hear anything this morning about a 10:30 touchdown until my wife read me an e-mail from a friend of hers. So, I decided to call an insider source to try to get some concrete info.

When he told me 12:45, and gave me the "American White Sox 1" designation, I knew he was on track. So I'll stick with what he says...12:45 at Midway.

LongLiveFisk
10-08-2005, 12:07 PM
I don't know when exactly they will be arriving but I am going to take a ride down to Midway in a few minutes (I'm not too far)...I'm sure by the time I get there it will be packed with Sox fans!! :D:

Chicago
10-08-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm leaving my house now... be there by 12:30...

I'll be in a pair of blue jeans with my black guillen jersey with my black sox hat w/white pinstrips, with my girl and my little brother.

see you guys there.

LongLiveFisk
10-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Wow, I was freezing standing out there all that time but I think it was worth it. To see those guys like Buehrle and Garcia drive by, rolling down the windows and waving to the fans was awesome. Kenny Williams' car was absolutely mobbed and so was Ozzie's limo. I managed to get interviewed by some girl for mlb.com and also for a woman holding a CLTV microphone along with a WGN mike. No autographs but I think it would have been difficult because it was pretty mobbed over there and the cops really hand their hands full.

Great showing by the fans, and I'm sure these guys appreciate the support. Great job, Sox fans!! :bandance:

tebman
10-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Wow, I was freezing standing out there all that time but I think it was worth it. To see those guys like Buehrle and Garcia drive by, rolling down the windows and waving to the fans was awesome. Kenny Williams' car was absolutely mobbed and so was Ozzie's limo. I managed to get interviewed by some girl for mlb.com and also for a woman holding a CLTV microphone along with a WGN mike. No autographs but I think it would have been difficult because it was pretty mobbed over there and the cops really hand their hands full.

Great showing by the fans, and I'm sure these guys appreciate the support. Great job, Sox fans!! :bandance:
I just got home myself -- what a great time! It's like going to a place where you feel like you know everybody already. Even the cops were in good humor.

Hey, how about Rowand's monster truck? I guess he gave up the dirt bikes. :tongue:

Clembasbal
10-08-2005, 04:26 PM
I just got home myself -- what a great time! It's like going to a place where you feel like you know everybody already. Even the cops were in good humor.

Hey, how about Rowand's monster truck? I guess he gave up the dirt bikes. :tongue:

He was on Comcast the other day showing that thing off, it is freakin' huge. HE drives it on LSD, but that should not be allowed on that road...oh well, he is Aaron Rowand!

WSox8404
10-08-2005, 05:08 PM
How many people were there in your best estimates?

tebman
10-08-2005, 05:21 PM
How many people were there in your best estimates?
Realistically, I'd say 400-500. It's a crowded space -- just a driveway, not a plaza or a parking lot, and we were pressed in tightly.

chisoxfan83
10-08-2005, 05:32 PM
it was a great showing, especially mobbing 63rd street!!! Just think what it would be if we went on (no jinxs here) 63rd street would be loaded!!!

Soxmissy
10-08-2005, 06:28 PM
I was there too! When the Sox came out everyone ran into the street(which the police had blocked off,) and over to the Guys cars! Buehrle rolled down his window and was greeting the fans. he was surrounded by the fans and media ditto for Konerko! It was awesome!!!!!!!!!!! The crowd was cheering
and shouting GO SOX # ! and the Guys were waving! They looked Happy!
Well worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

LongLiveFisk
10-08-2005, 06:30 PM

Yeah, that thing was huge. Most of them had great looking vehicles (of course). I like Buehrle's Lexus and that Navigator that Contreras was in looked very nice.

JohnBasedowYoda
10-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Yeah, that thing was huge. Most of them had great looking vehicles (of course). I like Buehrle's Lexus and that Navigator that Contreras was in looked very nice.

what was marte driving?:smile:

salty99
10-08-2005, 06:56 PM
It was cool being down there. Buehrle went thru the line twice once with girlfriend? next to him. I also saw Reinsdorf and got a shake Ozzie's hand. I'm sure they were apprective of everyone who was there especially the guy and lady with the HUGE Ozzie sign.

Chicago
10-08-2005, 07:47 PM
I just got back... I was there with my girl and my little brother, she was holding the sign I made...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/xBOOSTx/DSC03414.jpg

It was originally made/brought to the games for the other team... but it worked for today too...

TimoPerez
10-08-2005, 09:02 PM

What did Timo drive? I think I read that he has an Oldsmobile and a Nissan, but this was a few contracts ago.:D:

Jjav829
10-08-2005, 09:25 PM

I don't know, but I bet he has trouble keeping it between the street lines.

hsnterprize
10-08-2005, 09:35 PM
I brought the wife and 3 kids over there since we live nearby. It was DEFINITELY a better turnout than the gathering after the Sox came home from Cleveland. Not to mention...NO DELAYED PLANE and NO RAIN!!!!! Aaron's monster truck was ridiculous!!!!! Ozzie's limo was sweet, and Buehrle's enthusiasm was outstanding.

It was pretty interesting to see that while all the other vehicles had to turn west on 63rd Street, Kenny Williams' car was allowed to turn eastbound. I guess he had to go to the ballpark or something. Not to mention, Jose Contreras' SUV was sweet. I guess he had to go back for something because even though I didn't see him leave, I was almost right in front of him when he went into that driveway.

I also saw some of the office staff like Katie Kirby and Christine O'Reilly. Those two ladies are very nice, and they've done a great job with this team regardless on the on-the-field success. I also saw Minnie Minoso's car...the license plate said "MINOSO 9".

Overall, it was great time had by all of us. The kiddies didn't like it so much because my oldest toddler was sleeping while many of the vehicles were pulling out, my second oldest was riding in a stroller and couldn't see the action, and my youngest child was just snuggling with mom. It was also good to see such a strong media presence too. Only Fox 32 came the first time...now ABC 7, NBC 5, CLTV, Comcast Sports Net, CBS 2, WBBM Radio, and Telemundo were there covering all the festivities.

salty99
10-08-2005, 10:05 PM
there are some pictures on www.chisox.com (http://www.chisox.com) Hey you can actually see my wife and I way in the back of the Konerko shot.

LongLiveFisk
10-08-2005, 10:06 PM
What did Timo drive? I think I read that he has an Oldsmobile and a Nissan, but this was a few contracts ago.:D:

I don't recall seeing Timo, so I have no idea.

Chicago
10-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Right at the beginning they showed me on Channel 9 at 9pm and i didn't have the DVD recorder on... Does anyone know if they replay it??? I looked at their schedule and it didn't say... does anyone watch channel 9 news and know???

hsnterprize
10-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Right at the beginning they showed me on Channel 9 at 9pm and i didn't have the DVD recorder on... Does anyone know if they replay it??? I looked at their schedule and it didn't say... does anyone watch channel 9 news and know???

Hey Chicago...

The "welcome home" was the lead story on the WGN News tonight. After that, there was a story about how souvenir shops near Wrigley Field were selling Sox championship merchandise. The quoted a man from Alabama who was visiting a relative in town, and that relative showed the visitor the "difference between Sox fans and Cub fans." I don't remember what his exact words were. Something else, though, that was pretty interesting...

When they talked to some people at a souvenir shop across from Wrigley, they talked to the store manager, and then a Cub fan. The Cub fan said it "hurt my (her) feelings" that Sox fans were buying division winning T-shirts and caps right outside of Wrigley. The Sox fan who was buying the merchandise had a pretty direct and legitimate explanation. He said..."It's all sold out on the south side." :D: :D: :D: :D: :D:

If you have CLTV, you'll probably see that station's coverage of the festivities and such. That story, or something like it, will probably air a few times overnight.

SaltyPretzel
10-08-2005, 10:37 PM

He prefers walking.

Chicago
10-08-2005, 10:46 PM

Hey Chicago...

The "welcome home" was the lead story on the WGN News tonight.

Yes... that was it.. "welcome home" ... I hope they play it again... I'm waiting to record...

TimoPerez
10-08-2005, 10:50 PM

Thanks. He may have been on the team bus.

mrs. hendu
10-08-2005, 10:54 PM
He prefers walking.

http://www.wizaz.pl/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112355&stc=1

mrs. hendu
10-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Does anyone have a picture of A.Row's monster truck?

CLR01
10-09-2005, 01:01 AM

Hopefully they left him in Boston.

markopat
10-09-2005, 01:11 AM
He prefers walking.

ROTFLMAO!
:rolling: :rolling:

Cellview22
10-09-2005, 01:37 PM
I was there yesterday too and put some of my pictures up at http://www.flickr.com/photos/54525059@N00/sets/1098636/ .
For the full-screen pics, click on a picture and then click on "All Sizes" above it.

Hey Chicago, I liked your poster.. that's classic! I'm sure all the players loved it.

Chicago
10-09-2005, 01:40 PM
I was there yesterday too and put some of my pictures up at http://www.flickr.com/photos/54525059@N00/sets/1098636/ .
For the full-screen pics, click on a picture and then click on "All Sizes" above it.

Hey Chicago, I liked your poster.. that's classic! I'm sure all the players loved it.

Thanks, I'm in your pics...#9 :cool:

"that's classic!"... hey that's my Dj name... djKlassiC :D:

Cellview22
10-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Thanks, I'm in your pics...#9 :cool:

"that's classic!"... hey that's my Dj name... djKlassiC :D:

Haha.. that's cool, I had no idea. I should've written "Hey, there's Klassic". :D: