PDA

View Full Version : Game Ball= El Duque

rhill72
10-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Enough said!!

The Wall
10-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Its a shame he gets nothing. Freddie gets the win, Jenks gets the save but the one most valuable pitcher gets nothing in terms of a decision.

But then again, he gets to stay on the team. He does the job for the team.

NWSox
10-07-2005, 06:42 PM
El Duque is game MVP!!

ArkanSox
10-07-2005, 06:42 PM
What a great relief job by El Duque. But all in all--just a great team effort with sensational defense, timely hitting, and heads up ball. Man I thought we were in trouble when our pitchers were getting squeezed, but all's well that ends well. GO SOX!!!
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

batmanZoSo
10-07-2005, 06:43 PM
That was just an amazing balls-out performance by El Duque. I said this in the chat and I'll say it again: from now on El Duque is the go-to guy out of the pen.

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Pale Phenom
10-07-2005, 06:45 PM
El Duque for President!:gulp:

Dibbs
10-07-2005, 06:46 PM
That was legendary.

itsnotrequired
10-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Its a shame he gets nothing. Freddie gets the win, Jenks gets the save but the one most valuable pitcher gets nothing in terms of a decision.

He gets credit for a hold but on the other hand, so does Marte.:rolleyes:

Awesome job.

goofymsfan
10-07-2005, 07:00 PM
El Duque's reaction to striking out Damon rocks!

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/BXF118100719_1024x768.jpg

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/BXF116100719_1024x768.jpg

ramorgan1
10-07-2005, 07:01 PM
WOW. that's all i can say.

Chips
10-07-2005, 07:02 PM
El Duque should start game 2 after Contreras

ElevenUp
10-07-2005, 07:09 PM
That was the most amazing pitching performance I've ever seen. Marte should be buying El Duque Dinner for the rest of the year.

StockdaleForVeep
10-07-2005, 07:23 PM

He gets the stat of Hold and possibly the most important hold ever in chicago baseball history

Red Barchetta
10-07-2005, 07:26 PM
El Duque is game MVP!!

I agree 100%. Bases loaded and no outs! Two pop-ups and strike out!

However, time for McCarthy over Marte...

SoxEd
10-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Has anyone on here ever seen any pitching like El Duque's in the 6th tonight, ever?

And then the masterful 7th and 8th too?

The guy must have cojones de acero, I say.

Seems like every game at the minute, a different guy is pulling out an incredible, match-winning performance.

Or the whole team is...

And long may it continue!

Your 2005 White Sox - who ever knew it could be this good?

Garland_IS_God
10-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Enough said!!

Damn Right!!!!!!!!!:bandance:

ThinWhiteDuque
10-07-2005, 07:32 PM
If we play the Yankees, I'd love to see him in the rotation in place of JG.

veeter
10-07-2005, 07:33 PM
That was legendary. Pefectly said. When I can barely type on these message boards in 2050, I'll remember this game.

BNLSox
10-07-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm in LOVE with El Duque. In a purely non romantic way.

SoxFan64
10-07-2005, 08:18 PM
What a performance by El Duque. Clearly the game MVP. And I remember people on this list who thought we should be keeping BMac on the team in lieu of El Duque.

I hope they have changed their mind. :D:

Either way, wasn't this the most memorable game of all?

mike squires
10-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Whatever happens from here on out...we'll be talking about that inning and the amazing job he did for a long long time.

Optipessimism
10-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Taking nothing away from El Duque, I thought he had no chance to get out of that trap Marte set for him without giving up at least one run on a sac fly or groundball or something of that nature, but he came through so big -- so BIG -- that I was left speechless.

Hard-earned Guiness and bananas for El Duque: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp: :bandance:

CallMeNuts
10-07-2005, 09:31 PM
What a performance by El Duque. Clearly the game MVP. And I remember people on this list who thought we should be keeping BMac on the team in lieu of El Duque.

I hope they have changed their mind. :D:

Either way, wasn't this the most memorable game of all?

I was pulling for BMac to be on the roster over Marte or Viz and I want BMac back for the ALCS over Viz. El Duque always had a spot on my roster.

That being said, I didn't think that El Duque could be effective out of the pen. I though the old guy would take too long to warm up and that he'd be too inclined to give up walks. And I didn't think we'd have a spot for him on the roster in 2006, with BMac taking his spot in the rotation.

Needless to say, I've changed my opinion completely. The most impressive part of El Duques performance today is the fact that he has very little experience in relief. What a performance!

In 2006, I still don't see a spot form El Duque in the rotation. He just can't give us 32 starts a year in the regular season (plus 3 to 5 more in the post season). But I'd love to see him on the roster to give us 3 to 4 innings out of the pen a couple of times a week. And we might give him a start here and there if one of the five is going through a tired arm spell. Having a stud in a role like that would go a long way towards keeping the rest of the rotation and the bullpen fresh and sharp.

tifosiv122
10-07-2005, 09:37 PM
I'll be the first to admit I didn't think he could do it...boy was I wrong...

He got it done...I've never seen anything better...

I disagree that he should start a game, however, if this situation comes up again, I don't think anyone else could do it.

:angry:

Pitching beats hitting everytime.

Erik

asindc
10-07-2005, 09:58 PM
I agree 100%. Bases loaded and no outs! Two pop-ups and strike out!

However, time for McCarthy over Marte...

I definitely agree!! Of the 25 guys on the roster, he makes me the most nervous! How about a big shout out to Ozzie for keeping El Duque on the roster. I really like BMac, but I don't think he handles that situation as well. Truly BIG TIME!!!!

FarWestChicago
10-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Has anyone on here ever seen any pitching like El Duque's in the 6th tonight, ever?

And then the masterful 7th and 8th too?

The guy must have cojones de acero, I say.I don't care how long you live. You will not see much on a par with that, ever. El Duque!! :thumbsup:

beckett21
10-07-2005, 10:45 PM
I don't care how long you live. You will not see much on a par with that, ever. El Duque!! :thumbsup:

Agreed. That was incredible. I still can't believe it. :cool:

At least Marte was good for something. :redneck

elrod
10-07-2005, 10:48 PM
We should be thankful for Damaso Marte for giving El Duque the opportunity to be the hero.

FanofBill
10-07-2005, 10:52 PM
I don't care how long you live. You will not see much on a par with that, ever. El Duque!! :thumbsup:

Believe it or not, I think we still have better games and performances like this in the next 8 wins. Just about everytime I thought I've seen the best game or performances of the year, they pull out something even better. It's a magical season.

jenn2080
10-07-2005, 10:53 PM
:bandance: :wink: :tongue: OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! Marte definately needs to thank El Duque for bailing his a** out of that inning. What fabulous pitching. Im so excited....I just wish I could be going to the next series games. STUPID BROKERS!!!!!!!!!!! Howver I was at Union Park on Racine and Jackson and it is GREAT place to watch the game. TONS of Sox fans. Way to go Sox....what a great game!!!!!!!!

jamteh
10-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Wow. That was the most clutch relief job I've ever seen. Phenomenal!

Thank you, El Duque!:bandance:

CaptainBallz
10-07-2005, 11:17 PM
This post read my mind. Before they showed PK as MVP, I was voting Duque. Taking absolutely NOTHING away from Paulie (here's to ya:gulp: ) , The Duke was simply masterful.

My stomach was in knots from the second Marte came in.

El Duque: Game 3 MVP!!!!!

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

slobes
10-08-2005, 01:08 AM
I'm not sure what the officialy term was, but El Duque was awarded "MVP of the day" on baseball tonight.

skottyj242
10-08-2005, 01:11 AM
El Duque was outstanding this evening, I was stressing at the bar watching the game but he came through. Yeah EL DUQUE!!!!

johnnyg83
10-08-2005, 01:16 AM
LE-GEND.

I don't care what he does for the rest of his life. That was one of the biggest stops in history. Would McCarthy have got us out of that? I doubt it. Duque is a Chicago legend for the toughest three outs in the history of ChiSox baseball. Bravo and all that ****take.

mpshans
10-08-2005, 05:40 AM
Yes!! :)

SOXfnNlansing
10-08-2005, 05:41 AM
Enough said!! Amen brother

Wsoxmike59
10-08-2005, 06:36 AM
I was listening to that incredible 6th inning in my car radio during my drive home. I carpool with a guy from work, and I told him that Ozzie was making a FREAKING HUGE mistake by bringing in Marte!

I was vehementley opposed to this move I told him. I said, you watch, Marte is gonna get in a huge jam. When he proceeded to load the bases I was cursing Marte BIG TIME, and Ozzie for bringing him the game, (and for that matter putting him on the Playoff roster)

Bases loaded and nobody out, in comes El Duque. My carpool buddy says that it doesn't look good for the Sox. I agree. I tell him if we could escape the inning TIED or no more than 1 run down we'd be lucky.

When he got Jason Varitek to pop up I let out a big White Sox "Yessss!!!" That's one bab-eee!!! Now striding up to the plate was Tony Graffanino. You just knew Tony G wanted to atone for the error in game 2 in a big way. He battled El Duque spoiling pitch after pitch, working the count. The tension in the car was unbearable! When John Rooney yelled "Popped it up" I was a nervous wreck until the ball settled into Uribe's mitt.

"Unbelievable!" I said.....El Duque just may get out of this. One more batter to go...."uh oh...I said....Johnny Damon is up." Damon true to form also worked the count full and when he couldn't hold up on an El Duque breaking me and my carpool buddy Leon, were high fiving and back slapping just as I was dropping him off in his driveway.

This is what playoff baseball is ALL ABOUT!! Best commute home EVER!!! After I dropped Leon off my cell phone went off like a fire alarm, first it was Mrs. Wsoxmick59 asking me if I was listening to the game?? (silly question) :D:

Second call came in, it was from Soxwon. Next call was my brother Dan, and then one from my buddy Bob. All called to celebrate the moment with me and said this was an exciting Sox team to watch. I concur.

El Duque YOU'RE THE MAN!!!! I luuuuvvvv the Cubans!!!:D: