PDA

View Full Version : Boston Bar post-game

Shafe72
10-07-2005, 01:16 PM
For any of you who made it to Bean-town for today's game, feel free to cruise by An Tua Nua after the game. It's probably the most laid back, low maintenance post-game spot around Fenway.

It's just down Beacon Street from Kenmore Square (going west--towards Brookline)...you can walk through the big parking lot next to Boston Beer Works, and then walk to the left and you're right there. Big Irish flag above the door.

Never a mob scene, but always good time: An Tua Nua (formerly Ri Ra).

SportsPg
10-07-2005, 01:25 PM
I lived in Kenmore Square my freshman year at BU. I was always partial to Cornwalls. They moved it to the other side by the BU Bookstore, which is a Barnes and Nobles now :?:

Anyone from Boston remember Narcissus? Pizza Pad? Captain Nemo's? Best drunk food around mmmm..... :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Kenmore had so much more character when it was kind of sleazy. Boston had to clean it up - and take away all the landmark spots.

Cornwalls is still there, and is a pretty good pub. I miss Boston sometimes...

Go White Sox!

Cutter
10-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Best drunk food around mmmm..... :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Not T Anthony's? :wink:

Shafe72
10-07-2005, 01:39 PM
I lived in Kenmore Square my freshman year at BU. I was always partial to Cornwalls. They moved it to the other side by the BU Bookstore, which is a Barnes and Nobles now :?:

Where was Cornwalls before they moved it?

That new location is less than ideal...

Saracen
10-07-2005, 01:40 PM

Anyone from Boston remember Narcissus? Pizza Pad? Captain Nemo's? Best drunk food around mmmm..... :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Kenmore had so much more character when it was kind of sleazy. Boston had to clean it up - and take away all the landmark spots.

Cornwalls is still there, and is a pretty good pub. I miss Boston sometimes...

Go White Sox!
I went to BU as well, haven't been back to Boston since graduating 14 years ago. Gotta vote for T. Anthony's for best drunk food. :gulp: