PDA

View Full Version : Soxfest rooms sold out?

Palehose13
10-07-2005, 12:27 PM
I just called the Hyatt and was told that the block of rooms for this package is sold out. I can't believe this is the case in early October and I surely don't want to pay $189/night + sox fest tickets to stay there. Has anyone else had this happen and does anyone think the Sox may get another block of rooms?

voodoochile
10-07-2005, 12:29 PM
I just called the Hyatt and was told that the block of rooms for this package is sold out. I can't believe this is the case in early October and I surely don't want to pay $189/night + sox fest tickets to stay there. Has anyone else had this happen and does anyone think the Sox may get another block of rooms?

Why not contact the Sox directly. I don't know who is in charge of that stuff, so I hesitate to use a name, but someone can surely give you an answer. At the least, Brooks is good about responding or turning the question over to whoever has the answer.

doogiec
10-07-2005, 12:29 PM
A couple of years ago (2, maybe 3) I was told the same thing in early December. I called back in early January and had no problem getting the deal. Not sure why their system works that way.

steff
10-07-2005, 12:30 PM

What did I tell you Wednesday.....????

Try to get something nearby and buy the passes.

Palehose13
10-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Why not contact the Sox directly. I don't know who is in charge of that stuff, so I hesitate to use a name, but someone can surely give you an answer. At the least, Brooks is good about responding or turning the question over to whoever has the answer.

I did e-mail Brooks. :D:

Palehose13
10-07-2005, 12:31 PM
What did I tell you Wednesday.....????

Try to get something nearby and buy the passes.

Yes, I'm a lazy turd. Sorry.

I will end up doing that if they don't get more rooms.

Iwritecode
10-07-2005, 12:38 PM
I thought they had sold-out the rooms one other time (last-year?) and ended up opening another block of rooms later on?

Rocky Soprano
10-07-2005, 12:45 PM
I'll be staying at The Westin on Michigan Ave. $129 a night.

I refuse to stay at the Hyatt ever again.

voodoochile
10-07-2005, 12:49 PM
I'll be staying at The Westin on Michigan Ave. $129 a night.

I refuse to stay at the Hyatt ever again.

There are a couple of Days Inn up on Diversy which is only a short train ride from the Hyatt. They are probably in the area of $100/night or even less in January. If you are a serious out of towner like PH13, you can probably save a few bucks by staying there.

Any hotel people on the forums willing to give a rack rate for some fellow Sox fans and steal some business for your hotel downtown in the heart of winter?

Even if you don't have the power to authorize it yourself, you might want to suggest it to a person who does and tell them you will be posting it here.

Rocky Soprano
10-07-2005, 12:55 PM
There are a couple of Days Inn up on Diversy which is only a short train ride from the Hyatt. They are probably in the area of $100/night or even less in January. If you are a serious out of towner like PH13, you can probably save a few bucks by staying there.

Any hotel people on the forums willing to give a rack rate for some fellow Sox fans and steal some business for your hotel downtown in the heart of winter?

Even if you don't have the power to authorize it yourself, you might want to suggest it to a person who does and tell them you will be posting it here.

Let me make a phone call to the Westin and see if I can get them to offer something for us. My company has negotiated rates with them so maybe I can drop my companies name and see if we can get something done if we can maybe book 10+ rooms? Would anyone be interested in staying there?

I don't think the travel time from the Westin to the Hyatt would be that bad. Just a quick cab ride.

voodoochile
10-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Let me make a phone call to the Westin and see if I can get them to offer something for us. My company has negotiated rates with them so maybe I can drop my companies name and see if we can get something done if we can maybe book 10+ rooms? Would anyone be interested in staying there?

I don't think the travel time from the Westin to the Hyatt would be that bad. Just a quick cab ride.

Heck, drop WSI's name and give them a link to this thread. There are 6K registered posters here a bunch of whom will be attending Soxfest. They get in early, they could sell a LOT of rooms...

Rocky Soprano
10-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Heck, drop WSI's name and give them a link to this thread. There are 6K registered posters here a bunch of whom will be attending Soxfest. They get in early, they could sell a LOT of rooms...

Will call as soon as I get back from lunch.

Ol' No. 2
10-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Heck, drop WSI's name and give them a link to this thread. There are 6K registered posters here a bunch of whom will be attending Soxfest. They get in early, they could sell a LOT of rooms...Be sure to mention that PHG is a TV celebrity now.:cool:

WhiteSox05Champs
10-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Wow I am really glad I got my tickets a few weeks ago! I was just trying to get back into the private autograph session, never dreamed they would be sold out already!

I would say call them back though. I had to talk to a lot of idiots who told me there was no such deal period before I got someone who knew what they were talking about.

Palehose13
10-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Wow I am really glad I got my tickets a few weeks ago! I was just trying to get back into the private autograph session, never dreamed they would be sold out already!

I would say call them back though. I had to talk to a lot of idiots who told me there was no such deal period before I got someone who knew what they were talking about.

Yeah, I've had that happen in previous years too and that is one of the main reasons why I was putting off calling. I wish you could reserve this package through the White Sox cause the Hyatt staff is generally bad about this.

The Dude
10-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Son of a bitch! I waited too long I suppose. Oh well, I guess we'll have to look into one of those other options.

bafiarocks03
10-07-2005, 04:42 PM
I got my Weekend Passes and my room! YES!!!!

SSSoxFan
10-10-2005, 04:00 PM
I called on 10/5 for a room and was able to get one.

TornLabrum
10-10-2005, 05:26 PM
If you tried after the hotel reservations people left, you got national reservations. They have nothing about SoxFest in their computers. If that's what happened, call during normal business hours and tell them you want the special rate for SoxFest.

Iwritecode
10-11-2005, 11:48 AM
If you tried after the hotel reservations people left, you got national reservations. They have nothing about SoxFest in their computers. If that's what happened, call during normal business hours and tell them you want the special rate for SoxFest.

I just called the national # (because it was toll-free) and the guy I talked to knew exactly what I was talking about. He said it was another "group" that was handling the reservations, transferred me and I had no problems at all. :cool:

I just not counting on being one of the first 250...

Ol' No. 2
10-11-2005, 12:09 PM
I just called the national # (because it was toll-free) and the guy I talked to knew exactly what I was talking about. He said it was another "group" that was handling the reservations, transferred me and I had no problems at all. :cool:

I just not counting on being one of the first 250...***??? I called the number on the Sox Website and that connected me to the Hyatt. They said it's sold out.

Edit: I just called again. They opened up more rooms. Get 'em while they last.

Viva Medias B's
10-11-2005, 12:10 PM
I called on 9/23 and got a reservation for the $124/night rate.

Iwritecode
10-11-2005, 12:15 PM
***??? I called the number on the Sox Website and that connected me to the Hyatt. They said it's sold out.

I've always had good luck calling the 800 number.

1-800-633-7313

I called 45 minutes ago and had no problems.

Palehose13
10-11-2005, 02:37 PM
I've always had good luck calling the 800 number.

1-800-633-7313

I called 45 minutes ago and had no problems.

Just called that number and I'm in.

Thanks for the heads up guys! :D:

steff
10-11-2005, 02:40 PM

Whew.. wouldn't have been the same without ya.. :bandance:

chisoxfanatic
10-11-2005, 05:39 PM

How was Southern Cal, Val?

Chips
10-11-2005, 06:01 PM
I didn't get **** through the 800 number, so I called the Hyatt directly (1-312-565-1234) and was able to get the room and the weekend passes. 125 bucks a night, plus tax, or maybe tax was included. Not bad a deal.

Ol' No. 2
10-12-2005, 12:28 PM
I asked my rep about it and here's the response I got today.
I just spoke with our Community Relations department. The Hyatt is currently in the process of opening up more rooms for SoxFest. Once these rooms are sold out, no other rooms at the Hyatt will be available for SoxFest. I suggest calling the SoxFest phone number again to try to book a hotel room now.So if you haven't booked yet, better hurry.

Palehose13
10-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Whew.. wouldn't have been the same without ya.. :bandance:
I know. Who else would talk football with Jim while you are off dancing? :wink:

How was Southern Cal, Val?

Very relaxing and nice and warm.