PDA

View Full Version : Meeting at Monks

Goose
10-07-2005, 01:22 PM
I posted this in the "Game 3 Bar Locations..." thread, and some of us who are meeting at Monks may not see it buried in the original thread. Mods, if you want me to remove, please let me know...

I took the liberty and reserved a section for WSI-ers at 2:30. I requested to be seated in front of the Bar section (within view of the TVs). The reservation is under the name Gus and is for approximately 20 people. There may be more of us there, but I don't have a count, so I did not want to be too greedy in requesting seats. The place was pretty well packed during the clinch game with the Tigers, so come early. If someone has already reserved tables, please let me know so I can release my reservation.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

scottjanssens
10-07-2005, 01:37 PM
If I show, it won't be until after 5.

daveeym
10-07-2005, 02:11 PM
I hope to be there right at or shortly after tip off...er I mean first pitch.

balz1472
10-07-2005, 02:35 PM
I will be there w/ a buddy sometime around 230. My name is Chris and I will have a black sweater/jeans on... shaved head.

See you guys there.
-Chris:gulp:

dllrbll7
10-07-2005, 10:52 PM
I wish i would have seen this earlier and watched the game there instead of just showing up there randomly after the game and meeting a few of you...maybe next game

Brian26
10-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Unfortunately I had to work late today and didn't get back into the city until 6:20. I listened to the radio broadcast on the train ride back in from the 6th to the 8th. I listened to the 9th on my way home, and I walked into Monk's right after the final out. The place was packed, but it was cool to see people celebrating like that. Good times.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Nice job organizing this, Goose. I'm thinking maybe Monk's needs to be declared the unofficial watering hole of White Sox Interactive. The atmosphere there definitely fits our style.

:thumbsup:

Goose
10-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Nice job organizing this, Goose. I'm thinking maybe Monk's needs to be declared the unofficial watering hole of White Sox Interactive. The atmosphere there definitely fits our style.

:thumbsup:

I simply reserved the table...thanks to everyone who put forth the effort in getting everyone together! I had "goose" bumps when the Sox won it tonight, and look forward to our next clincher!

On a side note, it was very nice meeting everyone there tonight. Cheeses, BabyFisk, et al, it was great meeting all of you!

Brian26
10-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Any interest in doing this again Tuesday night?

PaleHoseGeorge
10-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Do we know what time Game 1 would start?

I'm driving back from Wisconsin that afternoon, but I would try to make it if it was an evening game.

Goose
10-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Do we know what time Game 1 would start?

I'm driving back from Wisconsin that afternoon, but I would try to make it if it was an evening game.

It would have to be an evening game...7:00? They would not air the ALCS in the afternoon, would they? If 7:00, I will be there at 5:00!

Brian26
10-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Is it lame to meet there for a home game? It might be cool to call that place the official hangout for the rest of the postseason.

mjharrison72
10-08-2005, 12:35 AM
I caught the end of Game 1 there Tuesday night, and enjoyed it. Sorry I couldn't make it tonight, but would definitely show up next Tuesday, even for a home game.
Go Go Sox!
-M

PaleHoseGeorge
10-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Is it lame to meet there for a home game? It might be cool to call that place the official hangout for the rest of the postseason.

I'm officially declaring it "not lame" for anyone who doesn't have a ticket.

:(::mad::smile: