PDA

View Full Version : Dear MLB Schedulers: You Suck

mweflen
10-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Why do they relegate one game (naturally the White Sox game) to the nether-regions of a workday day game? As if ALDS or NLDS games really draw any ratings outside their regions. They should just have them all at night instead of punishing fans to make a few extra advertising dollars. Then, come ALCS and NLCS time, they don't have as many games to juggle anyway.

:angry::angry::angry:Screw you, MLB, ESPN and Fox. SCREW YOUOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry::angry::angry:

Mickster
10-07-2005, 01:28 PM
You can thank.......

http://www.bazley.net/archives/dollar.gif

Hangar18
10-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Remember 2000 ........ ALL DAY GAMES! I missed every one of those games.
Had a boss that didnt like me and didnt let me leave early ......:angry: :whiner: :whiner: :angry:

mweflen
eh, just venting. I'm just so fed up with the constant shaft we get as Sox fans. Feel free to add your venting as well.

PatK
Duh, it's because the whole nation wants to watch the Yankees play.

It was funny listening to Mike and Mike whine about the Yankees having to play the late game the other night complaining about how the poor children won't be able to stay up and watch their beloved Yankees, because they have to go to bed.

Of course, never mind the fact that the first game in Chicago was started at a time when most children would still be in school, and most fans would still be at work.

Cellview22
10-07-2005, 01:35 PM
This will probably be the last mid-week day game for us. All the ALCS games are scheduled for night games, except for Sunday the 16th, which is at 3:00. Game 2 (Wed) is the only one still TBA... I'm assuming it's a night game.

iwcup
10-07-2005, 01:35 PM
who cares....half my office is either die hard or bandwagon...the conference room TV will be on at 2:30 on channel 9.....whihc means work stops at 2:30...

cat wait.....

go go sox....

mweflen
10-07-2005, 01:42 PM
is there any way to scam MLBtv? Like, can you get a "subscription" and then cancel it for a refund?

steff
10-07-2005, 01:43 PM
This will probably be the last mid-week day game for us. All the ALCS games are scheduled for night games, except for Sunday the 16th, which is at 3:00. Game 2 (Wed) is the only one still TBA... I'm assuming it's a night game.

IIRC game 2 alcs will be a day game...

ewokpelts
10-07-2005, 02:11 PM
is there any way to scam MLBtv? Like, can you get a "subscription" and then cancel it for a refund?national games ar enot webcast live....you can get radio however
Gene

bigdommer
10-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Duh, it's because the whole nation wants to watch the Yankees play.

It was funny listening to Mike and Mike whine about the Yankees having to play the late game the other night complaining about how the poor children won't be able to stay up and watch their beloved Yankees, because they have to go to bed.

Of course, never mind the fact that the first game in Chicago was started at a time when most children would still be in school, and most fans would still be at work.

Not Cub fans, they don't have to work.

downstairs
10-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Don't worry. All World Series games are night games.

patbooyah
10-07-2005, 02:16 PM
is there any way to scam MLBtv? Like, can you get a "subscription" and then cancel it for a refund?

they don't even play the games live. you can only watch an archive. :angry:

Kogs35
10-07-2005, 02:18 PM
IIRC game 2 alcs will be a day game...

from foxsports.com postseason schedule

**Wednesday, Oct. 12NLCS Game 1TBD8 p.m.(split-national)
**Wednesday, Oct. 12ALCS Game 2TBD8 p.m.(split-national)

** Split-national telecast of Game 1 of the NLCS and Game 2 of the ALCS. Certain areas receive NLCS Game 1 on their local FOX broadcast affiliate, while a simultaneous live feed of ALCS Game 2 is available on FX, and vice versa. FX is available in over 86 million U.S. households.

mweflen
10-07-2005, 02:18 PM
i went to walgreens and bought a $25 cheapie b/w TV. i feel much better now, even though i still think the situation sucks. i hope the Yankmees, Braves, Cards and Astros go down in flames and those bastards get their worst nightmare - a Sox/Padres World Series.

Pulaski
10-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Our office is shutting down at 3:00 pm for the game. We are all headed to Union Park in the West Loop.