PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Boston!

Craig Grebeck
10-07-2005, 01:10 PM
So I just got back from taking a couple laps around Fenway...Man, it's a weird atmosphere, you've got a few of the die-hards who are still convinced the bosox are going to take the series, but for the most part, the people seem like zombies,not a whole lot of enthusiasm, nothing like it was last year when i was here...saw a few sox shirts though! a couple big frank jerseys, that was nice to see...nobody was getting hassled from what i saw, so that was nice

saw millar and varitek on their way in too, signing a whole ton of stuff

t-3 hours!

Cellview22
10-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Hey, thanks for that visual. I can kinda picture what it's like out there.
Is it just me, or do the White Sox..and their fans.. seem way more hungry than the Red Cubs? They almost have a We already won the WS/ Now I can die in peace attitude.

steff
10-07-2005, 01:31 PM
So I just got back from taking a couple laps around Fenway...Man, it's a weird atmosphere, you've got a few of the die-hards who are still convinced the bosox are going to take the series, but for the most part, the people seem like zombies,not a whole lot of enthusiasm, nothing like it was last year when i was here...saw a few sox shirts though! a couple big frank jerseys, that was nice to see...nobody was getting hassled from what i saw, so that was nice

saw millar and varitek on their way in too, signing a whole ton of stuff

t-3 hours!

Ugh.. is it hot and muggy.. ? Ick.. I will never go back there.

1951Campbell
10-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Where are you staying?

Iwritecode
10-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Ugh.. is it hot and muggy.. ? Ick.. I will never go back there.

I hope not. That'll help Wakefield's knuckler... :(:

steff
10-07-2005, 01:39 PM
I hope not. That'll help Wakefield's knuckler... :(:

Screw him and his knuckler.. Aaron is going to single handedly take his ass down!!! :gulp: :bandance:

Iwritecode
10-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Screw him and his knuckler.. Aaron is going to single handedly take his ass down!!! :gulp: :bandance:

Anyone know the code for an all Rowand team?

up, down, A, B, A, B... :D:

SSN721
10-07-2005, 01:43 PM

up up down down left right left right B A select (since it is more then one player :redneck ) start :D:

Shafe72
10-07-2005, 01:46 PM
I did a few laps last night (I live 5 min. away at Boston University)...a lot of ballpark employees gave me quizzical looks, but no one said a thing.

At my internship at Brookline High School (Theo Epstein's alma mater), I'm wearing my 1983 Fisk throwback jersey and one of the kids said the following:

"On god, that's almost like taunting!"

I asked him, "Would it be taunting if I wore the jersey and the series was tied at a game a piece?"

He replied, "Well....no, but it's like in the movie 'The Warriors.' You should remove your colors while you're in enemy territory, you know?"

My response: "First, we don't consider the Red Sox enemies, and I never you guys thought of us that way. Second, I have too much pride. The jersey stays on. Good luck in Game 3."

Here's hoping the White Sox close the door in grand fashion.

Iwritecode
10-07-2005, 01:47 PM
up up down down left right left right B A select (since it is more then one player :redneck ) start :D:

At the player line-up screen press Left + Select + B at the same time.

That was the code for an all-Bo team in the old NES classic, Bo Jackson Baseball.

:)

Law11
10-07-2005, 01:48 PM
How the weather looking. Whats the latest word out there.

John Barrett
10-07-2005, 01:54 PM
How the weather looking. Whats the latest word out there.

wc says 10% chance of rain wind blowing out to the green moster @ 15 mph

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/mlb/gameforecast/02215?eventid=149612&epc=be

hawkjt
10-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Just praying that we get the game in cuz it does not look good for awhile after today.

Shafe72
10-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Getting a little overcast. Still a bit muggy but has definitely cooled down a bit.

weather.com has an MLB specific forecast which says wind is blowing out to left at 15 mph and the rest of the afternoon/evening should be mostly cloudy....

Fenway
10-07-2005, 02:09 PM
real time weather from right field roof

http://www.aws.com/aws_2001/asp/single_site.asp?id=FENWY

DaleJRFan
10-07-2005, 02:10 PM

LOL :roflmao: I wonder if that one is on Supercheats.com yet...

Sad
10-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Just praying that we get the game in cuz it does not look good for awhile after today.

yeah I'm thinking I'll be home Sunday watching Da Bearsssss and not driving in for ALDS Game #5...

hopefully not early next week either :smile:

Clarkdog
10-07-2005, 03:00 PM
wc says 10% chance of rain wind blowing out to the green moster @ 15 mph

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/mlb/gameforecast/02215?eventid=149612&epc=be

The conditions were exactly the same in his last start against the Yankees.
He gave up 7 earned runs on 7 hits with 3 HRs.

Just for reference.

HotelWhiteSox
10-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Who else is it a home blasting "Go Go White Sox" throughout their house?

Would be nice to be there, but then I'd have to be in Fenway and around people from Boston, this will suffice! Bring home a winnah!

Sad
10-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Who else is it a home blasting "Go Go White Sox" throughout their house?

Would be nice to be there, but then I'd have to be in Fenway and around people from Boston, this will suffice! Bring home a winnah!

still stuck on the cube farm but blastin' outta here in about 15 min. or so...