PDA

View Full Version : Alcs Ticket Sale

ghostfacesox
10-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Is anyone going to or thinking of selling any of their extra tickets for the playoffs?? I figure we could help each other out what with the ridiculous stubhub and ebay fees.

SOXFAN_in_WI
10-07-2005, 12:49 PM
much agreed! I tried to get just one game yesterday and got nothing. Yet people were selling on ebay and stubhub for $1200 a set of 4. Not fans, just in it for money. On that same note, anyone see the 2 girls just sitting in the first row Wed. night during the 9th inning. Front row, and the spoiled little brats sit there while even people at home are on there feet. Let the real fans go, so we can prove to the country that we are the loudest and best fans around

kevingrt
10-07-2005, 12:55 PM
much agreed! I tried to get just one game yesterday and got nothing. Yet people were selling on ebay and stubhub for $1200 a set of 4. Not fans, just in it for money. On that same note, anyone see the 2 girls just sitting in the first row Wed. night during the 9th inning. Front row, and the spoiled little brats sit there while even people at home are on there feet. Let the real fans go, so we can prove to the country that we are the loudest and best fans around

I second that.

Palehose13
10-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Is anyone going to or thinking of selling any of their extra tickets for the playoffs?? I figure we could help each other out what with the ridiculous stubhub and ebay fees.

I sure hope that you aren't talking about selling/buying over face value. That is not allowed here.

Chicago
10-07-2005, 01:02 PM
HEY,,, i already have a thread out here... wait your turn... :tongue:

CHISOXFAN13
10-07-2005, 01:26 PM
I sure hope that you aren't talking about selling/buying over face value. That is not allowed here.

I think he's talking about those with extra tickets on here selling them to others on here without tickets for face value.

Pulaski
10-07-2005, 01:31 PM
I second that.

Wednesday night was the loudest US Cell has every been. Are you sure you saw the same game?

All the local and media outlets are still talking about it.

soxrme
10-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Yes this is only allowed to be done by a north side team with their own legal scalping operation.

Madvora
10-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Don't bother with stubhub. It's absolutely free to post tickets on there, so there's no hurt in putting tickets up for ridiculous prices. They're just trying to get someone to bite.
The thing is that everyone is doing the same thing.

Bum
10-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Don't bother with stubhub. It's absolutely free to post tickets on there, so there's no hurt in putting tickets up for ridiculous prices. They're just trying to get someone to bite.
The thing is that everyone is doing the same thing.
This is mostly true, and once you get a few ridiculous prices up there, the other sellers look at that and think "that's what these tickets are worth". Of course now they are running out of time, and prices are falling. Has anyone noticed the drop in Game 2 ticket prices on Stubhub since yesterday noon?

However, every once in awhile you'll see a realistic motivated seller show up on there. Those seats don't last for long (I think the brokers may nab 'em sometimes) but you can get lucky. I grabbed some good lower level seats last night this way.

ghostfacesox
10-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Yes I meant posting tickets at face value. We can help each other out so that we dont have to pay those ridiculous broker fees. That way our park is filled with nothing but true White Sox fans. Please if anyone has extras we should set up some type of pool or something to that effect anyone have any suggestions???

SouthSide_HitMen
10-08-2005, 02:21 PM
The White Sox can play a Game 7 for the American League title and if you have an extra for Games 1 and 2 that are anywhere except obstructed view or non upper deck OF corners (Sec 514 - 552 would be ok) I would be interested in a swap. My tickets are Lower Level Box Seats - Sec 153 up in the section so you have a good view / angle of the field. These tickets will be Gold if / when a Game 7 is played. Anaheim is a much better team and I expect the series to come back to Chicago where we will finish them off. Of course a full refund would be paid if the game is not played.

So if you have an extra and are looking to possibly get seats to the pennant clinching game let me know. I would also like to purchase an extra for either of the first two games if they have one. I am headed to the park for Games 1 and 2 with or without a ticket so if something comes up and someone can't make it I can meet someone last minute at the park or before game time somewhere in Chicago.

Thanks White Sox Fans! As Jackie Gleason said "You're the greatest."

PS - Madvora - I responded to your emails via your yahoo address (as registered with WSI).

Brian26
10-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Seems, unfortunately, like there is more demand than supply on these things.

Chips
10-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Seems, unfortunately, like there is more demand than supply on these things.

very unfortunate, because I want to go and it doesn't look like that is possible.

itsnotrequired
10-09-2005, 10:22 AM
From the Tribune:

Tickets for the first game of the ALCS already were going for $325 to $2,041, according to StubHub.com. Tickets for a possible Game 7 were approaching $4,000.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0510090349oct09,1,4306994.story?coll=chi-news-hed

:o:

Wow. Those prices are insane. So much for the idea that no one cares about the Sox. I'm so sick of know-nothing Cub fans (not real fans, mind you) that seem to think no one goes to the games, the team will never sell the playoff tickets, etc. Hopefully this will shut them up.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-09-2005, 11:55 AM
From the Tribune:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0510090349oct09,1,4306994.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Wow. Those prices are insane. So much for the idea that no one cares about the Sox. I'm so sick of know-nothing Cub fans (not real fans, mind you) that seem to think no one goes to the games, the team will never sell the playoff tickets, etc. Hopefully this will shut them up.

Actually the prices have come down a bit over the past two days. Stubhub and eBay are BS because any yahoo can post there. Look at the completed auction prices for the true market price. I look at the scalper prices (they pool the tickets together - If they sell their own it is 100% profit, if someone selects their tickets on another scalpers site, the two scalpers split the profit (I'm guessing 80 % to the ticket holder and 20% to the site who conducted the transaction) to get my info for the upper limit. These prices drop as the game approaches - they are looking for desperate people at this point and many will bite as well as companies / wealthy fans who really don't care and or can write it off on their taxes (whether it is a legit deduction is another subject).

If Anaheim advances look for prices to drop 20 - 30% further from the scalpers. Private sellers can and will ask for any amount and they are the ones you pounce on at game time when they just want to get into the game and will be looking for face (or less). A real scalper will wait it out a few innings and hope to catch people stuck in traffic or desperate.

As in any negotiation, the one who can walk away from the deal has the power so NEVER be desperate, always know the market before searching / negotiating, NEVER by a fast ticket unless it is from a licensed broker you can sue and / or report to the State of Illinois and if you go to the park be prepared for a Plan B if the Plan A price is more than you are willing to pay. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR LIMIT BEFORE YOU HEAD OUT. Otherwise your emotions will overrule your brain.

Tip of the day for all true Sox fans looking to go to the game.

Ol' No. 2
10-09-2005, 12:12 PM
From the Tribune:

Wow. Those prices are insane. So much for the idea that no one cares about the Sox. I'm so sick of know-nothing Cub fans (not real fans, mind you) that seem to think no one goes to the games, the team will never sell the playoff tickets, etc. Hopefully this will shut them up.Those are ASKING prices. You can ASK for a million dollars. The price is set by what people are PAYING not by what they're ASKING. eBay prices are more indicative, since those are actual bids, and they're running around $200-300 for games 1 and 2.

itsnotrequired
10-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Those are ASKING prices. You can ASK for a million dollars. The price is set by what people are PAYING not by what they're ASKING. eBay prices are more indicative, since those are actual bids, and they're running around $200-300 for games 1 and 2.

There are scout seats on eBay going for around $1500. Sure, there is going to be a lot of fluctuation over the next few days but these tickets are going for more than I figured they would be at this point in time.

chisoxmike
10-09-2005, 04:01 PM
You can buy tickets from the White Sox ticket exchange from season ticket holders. But, prices arn't any better.

Granted, its not like anyone is profiting. The money goes back into a season ticket balance to pay for next years tickets.

http://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=whitesox

Taliesinrk
10-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Ok guys.. I'm in college right now, and don't have a ton of money/ time to get to the ALCS. However, if the Sox go to the World Series I HAVE to go... I've got a place to stay all lined up, I just need to be able to find a place to get tickets.

What are peoples' suggestions/ thoughts on where to go to get WS tickets in the city of Chicago. I have a tip from a friend that said he went to the final four once and a lot of tickets were sold in the hotel where the teams were staying.. would this be a thought?? Any tips/advice would be much appreciated as I'm quite desperate.

chisoxmike
10-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Ok guys.. I'm in college right now, and don't have a ton of money/ time to get to the ALCS. However, if the Sox go to the World Series I HAVE to go... I've got a place to stay all lined up, I just need to be able to find a place to get tickets.

What are peoples' suggestions/ thoughts on where to go to get WS tickets in the city of Chicago. I have a tip from a friend that said he went to the final four once and a lot of tickets were sold in the hotel where the teams were staying.. would this be a thought?? Any tips/advice would be much appreciated as I'm quite desperate.

College student + World Series tickets = :mad:

I'm in the same boat. But, I'm being realisitc, without $$$ or a season ticket package, you're not getting tickets.

Taliesinrk
10-09-2005, 06:05 PM
College student + World Series tickets = :mad:

I'm in the same boat. But, I'm being realisitc, without $$$ or a season ticket package, you're not getting tickets.

Right.. ok I guess my post wasn't quite accurate.. I have a bit of money saved up for life.. but if the Sox make it, since they are my life (I'm kinda pathetic) I'm willing to spend. Where should I look???

chisoxmike
10-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Right.. ok I guess my post wasn't quite accurate.. I have a bit of money saved up for life.. but if the Sox make it, since they are my life (I'm kinda pathetic) I'm willing to spend. Where should I look???

Ha. Same here.

Depending on how much you save, you could go to the White Sox ticket exchange on the offical web site. Tickets start at $500 for just the ALCS, so who knows what WS tix would be.