PDA

View Full Version : FOX-White Sox Playoff Coverage

Rocky Soprano
10-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Not sure if everyone has had the time to notice, but FOX has been absolutely GREAT at covering the Sox.

The Sox have been the leadoff story about every single day, in the morning and at night.

I would highly recommend all Sox fans to tune in and enjoy it.

If you have noticed the great coverage, how about dropping their programming dept. a quick note to thank them. It would be nice to let them know that we appreciate their wonderful job at covering the Sox.

http://www.foxchicago.com/contact/programming.shtml

SoxFan78
10-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Too bad the national Fox baseball coverage has decided not to show any Sox/Bo Sox games.

downstairs
10-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Agreed. Even though the stories are always fluff and really dumbed-down... its all you can expect from local news.

But, yeah... FOX always does a great job locally pumping sports excitement... for all teams...

Hangar18
10-07-2005, 11:51 AM
I mentioned this earlier in another thread. Theyve done a FANTASTIC job

Rocky Soprano
10-07-2005, 11:55 AM
I mentioned this earlier in another thread. Theyve done a FANTASTIC job

Yeah I noticed, I also made a comment on that thread. Just thought it deserved a thread of its own.

Hitmen77
10-07-2005, 11:56 AM
I also want to give kudos to WGN news. We give them plenty of grief for their pro-Cubs bias (and rightfully so), but their coverage of the Sox since they clinched in Detroit has been excellent and they have consistently made the Sox either the top or a prominent story on their news.

Sure, the cynics in us will point to the fact that it's in WGN's interest to hype the Sox at this point since they are telecasting playoff games, but nonetheless, they get points for their positive, enthusiastic coverage to date.

Hitmen77
10-07-2005, 11:59 AM
....on the other hand, I give certain Chicago radio stations an "F" for their Sox coverage. XRT and The Mix mornings - both of whom were literally swimming in Cubs Mania two years ago - are acting as if the Sox don't exist. They SUCK!

kninchicago
10-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Fox Chicago in the morning, two of the anchors (Bruce Wolf and Patrick...um, the 30something white guy with the short haircut) were nearly bouncing out of their chairs this morning talking about the Sox. Bruce got in quite a few jabs on the Cubs, and Tamryn who clearly knows little to nothing about sports, and doesn't care, was the butt of a great unintentional joke when Wolf asked her who the BoSox pitcher was and she didn't know. Patrick passed her a slip of paper with the answer and she says "Wake Field? That's his name? Wake Field? Wait, no, that's a place right?" It was great.

VenturaFan23
10-07-2005, 12:05 PM
I also want to give kudos to WGN news. We give them plenty of grief for their pro-Cubs bias (and rightfully so), but their coverage of the Sox since they clinched in Detroit has been excellent and they have consistently made the Sox either the top or a prominent story on their news.

Sure, the cynics in us will point to the fact that it's in WGN's interest to hype the Sox at this point since they are telecasting playoff games, but nonetheless, they get points for their positive, enthusiastic coverage to date.

I completely agree with this. The Sox have been their #1 story in the morning news every day this week. (expect for something major obviously like the NY subway scare). Pat Tamasulo has been good interviewing Boston fans with the White Sox hat on, good entertainment.

kevingrt
10-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Are we really giving props to a local media outlet for covering our Chicago White Sox? No way!