PDA

View Full Version : WSI & George on the news this morning..

steff
10-07-2005, 07:22 AM
George... just got done watching you on the news!! Awesome job!! :bandance: :bandance:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Thank you. Channel 2 did a great job making WSI look great. "A world class fan site" as Ed Curran called it. And who can argue with the weather guy?
:tongue:

As for me, I'm definitely not on my game at 6 o'clock in the morning. Oh well... the Sox are winning and I'm happy.

:bandance:

ode to veeck
10-07-2005, 09:19 AM
PHG, What did you get a chance to say ...

Mickster
10-07-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm sorry I missed it. :(:

Fake Chet Lemon
10-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Any computer geeks out there who can "digitize" this and throw on the site?

PaulDrake
10-07-2005, 09:30 AM
Thank you. Channel 2 did a great job making WSI look great. "A world class fan site" as Ed Curran called it. And who can argue with the weather guy?

As for me, I'm definitely not on my game at 6 o'clock in the morning. Oh well... the Sox are winning and I'm happy.

:bandance: You're as quick and articulate as anyone. I'm sure you did great and wish I could have seen it.

CLR01
10-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Under video click the 3rd option.

http://cbs2chicago.com/morningnews

ChicagoHoosier
10-07-2005, 09:54 AM
What's the title of the video? The third option now looks like a weather report. I'll check out all the Sox related ones.

ode to veeck
10-07-2005, 09:57 AM
What's the title of the video? The third option now looks like a weather report. I'll check out all the Sox related ones.

put the cursor over the third image until you see:
"White Sox fan site sees traffic triple in post season"

a short commercial plays just ahead of the phone interview with George

SoxFan78
10-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Great segment! I didnt realize WSI was getting so many more hits.

Hangar18
10-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Stacia Dubin is a babe. Dont think shes there anymore though.
Did anyone ask you if Hangar18 wears tinfoil? :cool:

Heffalump
10-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Pretty cool!....I enjoy the WGN morning news. In my opinion, it is the most hip, yet relevant, morning choice in Chicago.

Brian26
10-07-2005, 10:10 AM
We need to have a heads up on things like this...I would have gone out of my way to watch that or tape it instead of my usual Robin Meade viewing in the morning.

DumpJerry
10-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Great job! My favorite quote: "A world class website." Truer words have not been spoken.

gobears1987
10-07-2005, 10:14 AM
"A world class fan site" as Ed Curran called it. And who can argue with the weather guy?

Yeah, who can argue with the weather guy? They are wrong 50% of the time right?:tongue:

I saw the interview, it was great. Congrats. Is it me or has CBS2 provided the best coverage of the Sox on their news.

Medford Bobby
10-07-2005, 10:17 AM
:smile: Great video!!!!!!!!! CBS2 website is pretty hip! I tend to watch alot of FOX32 just to see Bruce Wolf go "off" on everyone.....Liked his segment with news crew talking to a FOX Boston sports guy and Bruce did bad Ted Kennedy and Kerry references...PRICELESS:o:

ode to veeck
10-07-2005, 10:18 AM
We need to have a heads up on things like this...I would have gone out of my way to watch that or tape it instead of my usual Robin Meade viewing in the morning.

I woulda missed Ray Raynor to see it ...

Pulaski
10-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Great job! My favorite quote: "A world class website." Truer words have not been spoken.

I can not find this link. All I see when I am on their page is the link to flyingsock.com

Ol' No. 2
10-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Sweeeeet.

ode to veeck
10-07-2005, 10:21 AM
I can not find this link. All I see when I am on their page is the link to flyingsock.com

wrong place

top right big video box, smaller video boxes under the big box, third box click and wait for the commercial to run through, then the channel 2 interview with PHG comes on

Rocky Soprano
10-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Wow that is awesome!

Congrats George!

Pulaski
10-07-2005, 10:24 AM
wrong place

top right big video box, smaller video boxes under the big box, third box click and wait for the commercial to run through, then the channel 2 interview with PHG comes on

Got it! Great interview.

sox_fan_forever
10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
That was pretty sweet! Great interview, George.

Madvora
10-07-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm still confused and I don't see it anywhere. What's the title?

edit - got it, just searched for "White Sox"

PaleHoseGeorge
10-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Just so you know, I could not see what they were showing the TV audience because I was speaking over the telephone from my office that has no television. Thus I had no idea they were surfing through the Go-Go Fifties page or the WSI photo gallery. I certainly would have matched up my comments with the photos they were showing had I any idea that's what the TV audience was seeing.

Though not included in the video clip, later they showed some of the Sox Fans pictures from the gallery and played the Captain Stubby audio clip leading into the next commercial break.

Oh, well... like I said before, the Sox are winning and I'm happy. The website looked great on TV and I appreciate Channel 2 highlighting it for everyone to see.

Thanks everyone for your compliments.

Fungo
10-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Nice job George. Great to see the site getting the attention it deserves.

:gulp:

Vernam
10-07-2005, 10:58 AM
What a cool segment! I felt for all the mods during the dark days of December, but I had no idea the traffic has tripled. I sincerely hope PHG and everyone else manage to enjoy the playoffs despite any increased stress.

Vernam

Baby Fisk
10-07-2005, 11:10 AM
WOW! I thought I was hallucinating in my hotel room that early in the morning, watching the talking heads rave on like that and shower all glories upon George and WSI. That was awesome! :thumbsup:

PS -- George, I always imagined you looked like Wolfman Jack... :redface:

Fenway
10-07-2005, 11:14 AM
nice piece

The White Sox history part George is simply awesome.

skobabe8
10-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Great job George! Love how everything got started over Thanksgiving Dinner. Thats a true Sox fan. On a day that screams football, WSI is born!

cheeses_h_rice
10-07-2005, 11:24 AM

No, that's FWC (at least in my mind).

And I picture Daver looking like a roadie for Black Oak Arkansas.

Yes, I'm weird.

ode to veeck
10-07-2005, 11:26 AM

Wolfman was a lot shorter than West

PaulDrake
10-07-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm still confused and I don't see it anywhere. What's the title?

edit - got it, just searched for "White Sox" I'm not even going to go into detail about my embarassed frustration. Then I did what you said and after installing Macromedia Flash Player .... finally! Give me demerits for taking so long and some credit for dull plodding perserverance. George was very effective, the interview went fine, and the folks on CBS 2 were supportive. Just a very postive media experience all the way around. Who woulda thunk it?

Baby Fisk
10-07-2005, 11:29 AM

And I picture Daver looking like a roadie for Black Oak Arkansas.

Yes, I'm weird.
We need to start a "Who do you think the Mods look like" thread.

Right now, I picture Wilkes resembling Ashton Kutcher. :cool:

maurice
10-07-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm definitely not on my game at 6 o'clock in the morning.

Don't kid yourself, George. You did a great job. I can't put 3 words together to form a short sentence at 6 a.m.

Props to you and to all the other mods (especially West) for getting such a great review and handling all the traffic.

batmanZoSo
10-07-2005, 11:38 AM
<Mel Allen> Howwww about that! </Mel Allen>

Hondo
10-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Don't kid yourself, George. You did a great job. I can't put 3 words together to form a short sentence at 6 a.m.

Props to you and to all the other mods (especially West) for getting such a great review and handling all the traffic.

Same Here.

I"m barely verbal by noon.

Thanks for everything guys!!!

Palehose13
10-07-2005, 12:41 PM
We need to start a "Who do you think the Mods look like" thread.

Right now, I picture Wilkes resembling Ashton Kutcher. :cool:

If ANYONE says "Rosie" for me, I'll kick their ass. :cool:

LuvSox
10-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Great interview, congratulations George.

I didn't get to see it live. Why? Because I was on this site until after 1 am, so six o'clock was out of the question. Oh the irony!

soxfanreggie
10-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Sweet deal George...after seeing that, traffic might quadruple. It would be great to see that kind of traffic during the regular season. I could see us coming up with a lot more stuff to connect Sox fans! Way to go George!!!:gulp:

Brian26
10-07-2005, 01:00 PM
LOL- I'm actually watching this clip from Channel 2...in one of the photo galleries, my Old Comiskey (On the final day) print is shown as a thumbnail.

DenverSock
10-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Now I know who's responsible. Great interview. As a guy who discovered the site this season, and found it to be a great joy I can only say it's great to be able to thank you personally. :gulp: I'll lift one to you tonight.

Dick Allen
10-07-2005, 01:23 PM

:bandance:Nice comment coming from Curran, who's a big Cub fan. May have hurt him to say it.

longshot7
10-07-2005, 01:24 PM

I had him pegged as a cigar-chompin Don Zimmer-type. Daver is Ted Nugent to me, and I picture West as an Ed Farmer-clone. No offense guys. Please don't kill me.

1951Campbell
10-07-2005, 01:28 PM
FYI: I used to look like Duane Allman. Nowadays, with the haircut, I'm lookin' more like Brad Pitt. :D:

white sox bill
10-07-2005, 01:38 PM

Yea I woulda glady given up Robin and Co to see George this AM...although I must admit Robin is better looking! Sorry PHG!:D:

mccoydp
10-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Great interview, and it's good to see some positive coverage for this site.

voodoochile
10-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Oh great, another 30 new registrations today...(sigh)

work, work, work...:tongue:

Jjav829
10-07-2005, 02:10 PM
That's awesome. Thanks, CBS! :bandance:

You were fine, George, regardless of the time. All of your responses were very good. Nicely done. :thumbsup:

PaulDrake
10-07-2005, 02:13 PM
If ANYONE says "Rosie" for me, I'll kick their ass. :cool: Actually I pictured you as petite and attractive. Someone I'd offer to buy to a drink for when my wife wasn't looking. :D:

Sox of White
10-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Good job George! Many props to you.

thepaulbowski
10-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Oh great, another 30 new registrations today...(sigh)

work, work, work...:tongue:

It's not like you have anything else to do!!! :cool:

Dan H
10-07-2005, 02:49 PM

:bandance:

Didn't know you were on. Glad to see that you got some recognition.

minastirith67
10-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Glad this was posted on CBS's website.

Thanks George for making this possible. Right now we feel on top of the world and this is the perfect place to express that.

DaleJRFan
10-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Yea I woulda glady given up Robin and Co to see George this AM...although I must admit Robin is better looking! Sorry PHG!:D:

My Dad always told me that PHG looked like an accountant... :D: I think he was right!

Way to go George. It's about friggin' time WSI got some cred, yo'.

Daver
10-07-2005, 06:17 PM
I had him pegged as a cigar-chompin Don Zimmer-type. Daver is Ted Nugent to me, and I picture West as an Ed Farmer-clone. No offense guys. Please don't kill me.

RPS will tell you I do look like Ted.

Well done George, you did us all proud.

whtsx1959
10-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Between George and my uncle being interviewed today at the game (look for Mike Mulka on the 10pm news) I might have to switch to CBS for my local news.

TornLabrum
10-07-2005, 10:38 PM
I finally got to see this just now because I was at ISU this morning for the annual meeting of the Illinois Association of Chemistry Teachers. I have to admit, channel 2 has done it's part on their morning news to publicize two of the things I'm fondest of, the Windy City Sox Fans (Tuesday) and WSI today.

Great job, George!

beckett21
10-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Great segment! Congrats PHG! :cool:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-07-2005, 11:14 PM
More news.

With today's sweep, it's almost a certainty that Channel 2 will be sending a camera crew to the PHG house on Monday morning to do another feature on WSI and crazy Sox Fans. I spoke to one of their producers earlier today.

Better dust off my Old Comiskey cheap seat and polish up the ol' Ivan Calderon game used bat. Wait till the neighbors see that TV van pull up.

:cool:

TornLabrum
10-07-2005, 11:29 PM
More news.

With today's sweep, it's almost a certainty that Channel 2 will be sending a camera crew to the PHG house on Monday morning to do another feature on WSI and crazy Sox Fans. I spoke to one of their producers earlier today.

Better dust off my Old Comiskey cheap seat and polish up the ol' Ivan Calderon game used bat. Wait till the neighbors see that TV van pull up.

Sure beats them seeing a police car pull up!

PaleHoseGeorge
10-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Sure beats them seeing a police car pull up!

You mean like all the other times?

:redneck

hsnterprize
10-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Hey...let's write the CBS 2 Morning Show producer a "thank you" note for featuring WSI on the show. And considering both Ed Curran and Randy Salerno, both big CUbs fans, believe this is an "awesome" site, I think it not only speaks volumes about how WSI is put together, but that now with a winning team, the White Sox' popularity is spreading like wildfire.

The producer's name is Chris Selfridge. I e-mailed him a few times, and he's a Sox fan. You can reach him at this address (CGSelfridge@CBS.com).

Daver
10-08-2005, 12:21 AM
More news.

I may take Monday morning off to give PHG some backup.

voodoochile
10-08-2005, 03:55 AM

Go for it, maybe Wilkes and Val and some of the others who help run the site can help out too...

hose
10-08-2005, 09:00 AM
PHG !!!!!

George you articulate as good as you write, well done.:bandance:

(Bova with a face for radio.....:tongue: )

hose
10-08-2005, 09:06 AM
More news.

:knue
"We got 2 days to dig up as much dirt on Bova as we can. Get me the crew that is following Ligue around and put them PHG's trail pronto. MOVE MOVE MOVE, let's go people."

Frater Perdurabo
10-08-2005, 02:40 PM

With the elephant gun, I'm sure. :redneck

Congrats, George, and thanks to all the moderators for keeping things tidy, and thanks to West for keeping the engine purring!

:supernana:

TornLabrum
10-08-2005, 02:45 PM
I have Monday off, so if George is looking for a true media whore....

RKMeibalane
10-08-2005, 02:52 PM
I actually would like to see the media go the home of one of the Dark Clouds in order to get their reaction to the Sox victory. Now that would be interesting.

:reporter

"We're here at the home of former WSI member HomeFish. Now, Mr. Homefish, how are you today?"

:homefish

"I feel like crap. The Sox are winning, and life sucks."

"So, even though you're a Sox fan, you're not happy about how they've been playing?"

"Hell, no! I only want to see the Sox win if they do it my way. That's the only thing that matters to me. Playing any other way just isn't a part of baseball."

"Have you been watching the playoffs since they started?"

"I stopped watching after Pierzynski hit that home run to make it 5-0 in Game One. It would have been too painful to see my dream of the Sox being swept end."

"What are you going to do if the Sox win the series?"

"They won't. They're not good enough."

"But if they did?"

"I'd throw myself out a window somewhere."

ilsox7
10-08-2005, 03:30 PM
I actually would like to see the media go the home of one of the Dark Clouds in order to get their reaction to the Sox victory. Now that would be interesting.

"We're here at the home of former WSI member HomeFish. Now, Mr. Homefish, how are you today?"

"I feel like crap. The Sox are winning, and life sucks."

"So, even though you're a Sox fan, you're not happy about how they've been playing?"

"Hell, no! I only want to see the Sox win if they do it my way. That's the only thing that matters to me. Playing any other way just isn't a part of baseball."

"Have you been watching the playoffs since they started?"

"I stopped watching after Pierzynski hit that home run to make it 5-0 in Game One. It would have been too painful to see my dream of the Sox being swept end."

"What are you going to do if the Sox win the series?"

"They won't. They're not good enough."

"But if they did?"

"I'd throw myself out a window somewhere."

It's funny cuz it's true.

Fenway
10-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Here is the url of the link that will still be good after it rolls off the site

http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=16748@wbbm.dayport.com (http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=16748@wbbm.dayport.com)

Brian26
10-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Better dust off my Old Comiskey cheap seat and polish up the ol' Ivan Calderon game used bat.

Got to get the plush Ribbie and Roobarb dolls out too!

markopat
10-08-2005, 04:18 PM
For Posting the link...Great Interview! This site, for an out of towner, has been an awesome way to stay up with my team! Thanks to the mods and all responsible! I am pulling for Anaheim now so I can catch some White Sox action there!

PEACE! Go Go SOX!

flo-B-flo
10-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Great segment PHG. This is a terrific way for Sox fans to stay up with the team and you and all at WSI do a tremendous job. I go here for Sox news before anywhere. And thanks. Oh and

GO-GO SOX!