PDA

View Full Version : espn "journalists" jumping on SOX banwaggon on PG.2 article

gbergman
10-07-2005, 06:20 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=second/guessing/2005
Does anyone else think these writers are jokes too? Had this been the red cubs in our situation they would be talking about how great the red cubs are and how miserable the white sox are

PeteWard
10-07-2005, 06:34 AM
Well, those ESPN knuckleheads--all of 'em, not just these guys- are damned if they do and damned if they don't-- because if they don't admit they were wrong now they are just compounding their earlier idiocy. Which I guess is exactly what Brantley is doing. And Brantley doing that is analogous to the Mariana Trench getting deeper.

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-07-2005, 07:18 AM
If it bleeds, it leads...if they win, we're in. That's the media's mentality.

Hokiesox
10-07-2005, 07:53 AM
If it bleeds, it leads...if they win, we're in. That's the media's mentality.

Maybe so, but I like the thought.

SSN721
10-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Its so funny reading this now. Eric Neel is talking like he has been a fan od the White Sox since Winning Ugly. Isnt this guy just your run of the mill Red Cubs Eastern Sports Programming Network columnist? What a joke.

GoGoSoxReborn
10-07-2005, 09:42 AM
I didn't mind it so much. Eric Neal wrote another page two article about 10 reasons to cheer for the White Sox, and it was pretty funny. It had something about hardcore white sox fans not wanting anyone on the bandwagon cause they'd rather go it alone. I found it highly entertaining, and pretty much true.