PDA

View Full Version : Thanks WSI

saltwater farmer
10-07-2005, 12:37 AM
I just want to express my gratitude to White Sox Interactive. As a White Sox fan living in Maine, I turn to these pages often to remind myself that I'm not alone when it comes to my baseball allegiance. The message boards are great, but I love the fight songs and articles and various and sundry stuff tucked away here just as much.

Yesterday almost 500 of us gathered here in the glow of the Game 2 victory. That's pretty cool.

I'm a broke college student but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I simply HAD to send some cash WSI's way. During this most exciting of Sox seasons, I hope you'll join me in giving a little love back to WSI.

I don't mean to preach, but I think we all owe WSI a big YESSSSSS!

Nellie_Fox
10-07-2005, 12:46 AM
It's amazing, but I was just preparing to start a similar thread.

I've been a member here at WSI for quite a long time. Tonight I was thinking about all the stress the good people who run this board have been through as the tight pennant race turned many of us into raving lunatics.

So, tonight I went to the bottom of the home page (bad place to hide that link guys, it makes it too easy to not think about it) and followed the links on the "keep the sock flying" banner. When I saw how little they ask to be a supporter I was embarrassed that I've never done it before.

So, I just signed up at the "Patron" level. Think about it. I use, and enjoy, WSI far more than any of my magazine subscriptions, and they cost more. I'll bet you do too.

pudge
10-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Here, here! :gulp:

CHISOXFAN13
10-07-2005, 01:06 AM
It's amazing, but I was just preparing to start a similar thread.

I've been a member here at WSI for quite a long time. Tonight I was thinking about all the stress the good people who run this board have been through as the tight pennant race turned many of us into raving lunatics.

So, tonight I went to the bottom of the home page (bad place to hide that link guys, it makes it too easy to not think about it) and followed the links on the "keep the sock flying" banner. When I saw how little they ask to be a supporter I was embarrassed that I've never done it before.

So, I just signed up at the "Patron" level. Think about it. I use, and enjoy, WSI far more than any of my magazine subscriptions, and they cost more. I'll bet you do too.

Well said. That's the way I look at it. I read WSI as much as I read any magazine or newspaper combined. It's well worth the small contribution each year.

MUsoxfan
10-07-2005, 01:07 AM
I just noticed I never got my avatar. Oh well.....I donate because I know what a pain in the butt this place is to run, not because of my desire for an avatar. My next payment will be made around the 2nd of Jan:D:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-07-2005, 06:40 AM
I just noticed I never got my avatar. Oh well.....I donate because I know what a pain in the butt this place is to run, not because of my desire for an avatar. My next payment will be made around the 2nd of Jan

Anyone donating should receive their avatar. Email me privately about this.

~ PHG

Law11
10-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Being new to this board I didnt even realize there was a membership area.
Oficially a Patron!

bluestar
10-07-2005, 11:30 AM
I wholeheartedly concur with the first two posts in this thread. For a Sox fan that lives outside the Chicago area, this site gives me an incredible resource where I can find others that generally share my views about this team I have loved for so many years. I also very much appreciate the efforts of the moderators in keeping the place free of trolls, political arguments, and generally abusive and childish behavior. I don't post here that much, but I became a patron for the first time this year, and I plan to continue to offer my support in the future.

whitesoxruleall
10-07-2005, 11:45 AM
I am an Oklahoma White Sox fan.. This site has indeed been great for me.. A big Thank You to WSI. In a state surrounded with Red Sox, Yankees, Braves, and Cubs fans, it is a blessing to have a place like this where I can be around White Sox fans.

MushMouth
10-07-2005, 12:07 PM
I too just realized there was a place to donate, and did. Definitely worth it... best fan site I've ever seen.