PDA

View Full Version : Letters to Kass: another great read

Banix12
10-06-2005, 11:28 PM
Just got this from the chicagosports website. John Kass has a new article up where he responds to letters from readers.

Some highlights...

Thanks for remembering and including something I told you in an article of yours. My father and I (along with all the other Joe Crede fans in our town) are unbelievably excited to see this happen. We have only been White Sox fans since Joe's been playing. I'm sure that all lifetime South Siders are ecstatic. I've always told Joe, if it all ended tomorrow I'd still be happy for him for all that he has accomplished, even if he only played one day in the big leagues. Because it is more games in the big leagues than anybody else around our town has played and I know what he went through to get there. Brad Crede, Missouri

Dear Brad--It's been a pleasure to watch your little brother play ball. You were a ballplayer too. So the two of you must have had some amazing Wiffle ball games in the back yard. Thanks.

If some foreign guy wants to enter Sox Park with a farm animal that has a ticket, LET HIM IN! Thanks. Phil D., Chicago

Dear Phil--Cute curses? We don't need no stinkin' cute curses. Besides, if Sam Sianis brought a goat to Sox Park, Ozzie and Uribe would eat it.

Kass article (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0510060172oct06,1,847389.column?coll=cs-home-headlines)