PDA

View Full Version : Reporter of Chicago Suntimes News Paper

sachin
10-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Hello, I have three things to write:

1-I would be very grateful to receive two game tickets for the next White Sox game at Celular Field. My brother and I have gone for two games and they were both very exciting. Please let me know the amount of money someone would like for two tickets.

2- I do not understand Chicago Suntimes Journlaist Marioti and what he writes which are insults for the other team. I read column twice and my brother and I do not understand where are his intentions.

3- Many thanks for telling my brother and me how to get to Celular Field.

MUsoxfan
10-06-2005, 09:45 PM
My wit is no match with some others on this site. I'll leave this one to them:cool:

tebman
10-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Hello, I have three things to write:

1-I would be very grateful to receive two game tickets for the next White Sox game at Celular Field. My brother and I have gone for two games and they were both very exciting. Please let me know the amount of money someone would like for two tickets.

2- I do not understand Chicago Suntimes Journlaist Marioti and what he writes which are insults for the other team. I read column twice and my brother and I do not understand where are his intentions.

3- Many thanks for telling my brother and me how to get to Celular Field.
1-Tickets for the remaining playoff games are sold out. If you are looking for tickets, you will only find them from ticket brokers or on Web auction sites such as eBay.com or stubhub.com

2-Mariotti is not a journalist, he is an inflammatory writer who only writes so that readers will become upset. No one understands him. It's best just not to read his articles.

3-I remember your earlier request for walking directions to U.S. Cellular Field. Did you receive enough information, or do you need more?

Enjoy the White Sox!

MarySwiss
10-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Sorry to be so cynical, but the poster spelled "receive," "grateful," "amount," and "column" correctly. These are very commonly misspelled words. He also grossly misspelled "journalist."

In point 2, he referred to "my brother and I," while in point 3, he wrote "my brother and me." Both were used correctly.

Mods?

Daver
10-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Sorry to be so cynical, but the poster spelled "receive," "grateful," "amount," and "column" correctly. These are very commonly misspelled words. He also grossly misspelled "journalist."

In point 2, he referred to "my brother and I," while in point 3, he wrote "my brother and me." Both were used correctly.

Mods?He's a Eroupean student attending the University of Chicago.

DaleJRFan
10-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Geeez...

Maybe English is the poster's second language. A dear friend of mine is Russian and speaks English better than I do, but she has a lot of trouble typing/writing without heavy use of word processing and spellcheck.

ja1022
10-06-2005, 10:10 PM
I can't help it, but I keep envisioning Dan Ackroyd and Steve Martin--two wild and crazy guys!!

MarySwiss
10-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Sachin, I apologize for my cynical comments. I am not at all xenophobic, just--well, cynical. Welcome, and good luck in your studies.

sachin
10-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Thank you Mary Swiss. My brother and I are with University of Chicago, originally from India and hoping to bring good fortune to the White Sox team.

Soxzilla
10-06-2005, 11:07 PM
He's a Eroupean student attending the University of Chicago.

Eroupean eh?:wink:

*runs and hides*

Daver
10-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Eroupean eh?:wink:

*runs and hides*

Hey I was close, India was a British dominant country for years.

We both spelled European wrong BTW.

Soxzilla
10-06-2005, 11:26 PM

:rolling::rolling:

You are indeed correct sir.

peeonwrigley
10-07-2005, 12:08 AM
That's a pretty healthy walk from UofC to the Cell... about 3 miles either way.

Or maybe I'm just lazy?

SOXintheBURGH
10-07-2005, 12:16 AM

Don't waive SoxEd around third!!!

nasox
10-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Thank you Mary Swiss. My brother and I are with University of Chicago, originally from India and hoping to bring good fortune to the White Sox team.

Where from India are you originally from? My extended family lives in Mumbai, Pune, and Nasik.

wdelaney72
10-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Welcome, Sachin.

Fake Chet Lemon
10-07-2005, 09:30 AM
I can't understand all deez foreigners. They can't speak no good United States, like ya know what I'm saying up in here? Like, yooz guys agree? Hey, hiz honor was at da game da other day. Like, did ya see him?

ode to veeck
10-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Sachin

Welcome to WSI. For the previous post, keep in mind that teal colored font is used for non serious sarcasm. For that matter deep pink is used for something fairly improbable you might wish for like I wish Contreras were pitching every game of the playoffs.

Hangar18
10-07-2005, 09:51 AM
Where from India are you originally from? My extended family lives in Mumbai, Pune, and Nasik.

:hawk
" A big white sox welcome to Sox fans in Mumbai India .........
Mumbai India ...............YES!"

1951Campbell
10-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Welcome, Sachin!

Are you a cricket fan?

Iwritecode
10-07-2005, 11:21 AM
This thread reminds me of when Ozzie first met Iguchi in spring training.

Ozzie: "Can you speak English?"
Gooch: "No"
Ozzie: "Neither can I!"

:D:

kittle545feet
10-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Thank you Mary Swiss. My brother and I are with University of Chicago, originally from India and hoping to bring good fortune to the White Sox team.It's nice to have you along and we can use any help we can get this year. Be careful in your walk to the Cell. You go through some shady parts of town and I would n't want to see something happen to you guys. They prey on people like you guys so be careful. Go White Sox!:smile:

PatK
10-07-2005, 01:33 PM
This is all a ruse. No University of Chicago student would go to a Sox game- you have to be smart to go there and we all know that Sox fans are dumb, uneducated white trash.

sachin
10-10-2005, 12:30 AM
May I say thank you for your most generous wishes. Yes, I follow cricket, of course, and that my home is Chennai, India. Chicago is very wonderful, and that the arena where the Chicago White Sox perform is very accomodating. My brother believes it is much nicer than other arenas in Chicago and much nicer than the arenas in our homeland. We would very much like to return for another game before winter, and would like to purchase tickets. Would it be possible to have the opportunity to again purchase tickets online?

Warmest Regards,

Sachin

TornLabrum
10-10-2005, 01:01 AM

Everybody knows it's spelled Yerpeen.

HotelWhiteSox
10-10-2005, 01:12 AM
I can't understand all deez foreigners. They can't speak no good United States, like ya know what I'm saying up in here? Like, yooz guys agree? Hey, hiz honor was at da game da other day. Like, did ya see him?

:ass

My guy!

chisox
10-10-2005, 01:48 AM
sachin,

from hyde park the best way to get to us cellular field is to take the garfield 55 bus. you can catch it on 55th street near jimmy's, or further east, in front of the walgreens in the coop shopping mall on the corner of 55th and lake park. take the bus to the red line/dan ryan expressway where you need to transfer to the northbound red line train. take the train to sox/35th and follow the crowds.
i wish i could be in chicago rooting for my squad. you and your brother better be loud!

Soxzilla
10-10-2005, 07:10 AM
May I say thank you for your most generous wishes. Yes, I follow cricket, of course, and that my home is Chennai, India. Chicago is very wonderful, and that the arena where the Chicago White Sox perform is very accomodating. My brother believes it is much nicer than other arenas in Chicago and much nicer than the arenas in our homeland. We would very much like to return for another game before winter, and would like to purchase tickets. Would it be possible to have the opportunity to again purchase tickets online?

Warmest Regards,

Sachin

One thing is for sure. His grammar is better than 99% of the people on this board. The remaining one percent of course, being Kittle and the mods.

Absolutely amazing, imo. I took four years of Spanish and I can barely speak it...let alone be grammatically correct with it.