PDA

View Full Version : Awww, poor Berman, so disappointed

HotelWhiteSox
10-06-2005, 07:07 PM
http://media.putfile.com/berman

SOXintheBURGH
10-06-2005, 07:15 PM
I beg your pardon kind sir, but would you perhaps know the score to the baseball match?

Ol Aches & Pains
10-07-2005, 02:52 PM

He also let out a long, low moan when Trot Nixon's long drive down the RF line went foul. Why doesn't he do the game in a Red Sox cap, for Chrissakes?:angry:

Hangar18
10-07-2005, 04:20 PM
He also let out a long, low moan when Trot Nixon's long drive down the RF line went foul. Why doesn't he do the game in a Red Sox cap, for Chrissakes?:angry:

someone .......just told me the same thing .......... I know everyone likes to hate Moronotti, but Berman is one guy I absolutely hate with a passion. Very Unprofessional

ajtokarz
10-07-2005, 04:48 PM
In wrestling terms, berman completely marks out for the Red Sox.

It's so very very sad. Another great bout of sadness was this past inning with runners on 1st and 2nd and Ortiz flew out to Rowand. Listening to him lament over His near miss to straightaway center field. Thank goodness that we dont have to listen to this......sports analyst....which i use very loosely......for no more than 3 more games this season.

iamkoza
10-07-2005, 05:47 PM
if i knew where the linkt o the throw up guy is id put it here..... I can't take anymore of this berman's red sox bias.... its grossly unprofessional.

cwsox
10-07-2005, 05:54 PM
berman has been totally pathetic

I can't believe that ESPN has chosen to go with a Boston theme to this game

this is terrible broadcasting

Chisox003
10-07-2005, 05:55 PM
I can't believe that ESPN has chosen to go with a Boston theme to this game
:tealpolice:

iamkoza
10-07-2005, 06:04 PM
anyone just catch that gaff by berman?

Manny's at bat in the 7th

"Shot to konerko..... (Depressed voice" But they'll gobble that in)

lol

iamkoza
10-07-2005, 06:04 PM
argh... berman is ruining this game for me... i should just ignore him i suppose

HotelWhiteSox
10-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Does anyone with Comcast know where ESPN moved on the dial, because it sounds like I have NESN doing the game with this dope calling it

mcfish
10-07-2005, 06:23 PM
argh... berman is ruining this game for me... i should just ignore him i supposeIt's almost as bad as Shannon Sharpe's lovefest for Randy Moss and the Raiders in week 2 on Sunday Night Football.

Berman has been upset since the first pitch.

flo-B-flo
10-07-2005, 06:36 PM
What a jag. Everything Boston. Replays of LAST YEARS world series............yeeesh!

itsnotrequired
10-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Classic Berman was on Konerko's homer. Two run blast, well over the Monster and gave the Sox the lead. Hardly a peep out of him.

Bottom of the same inning, Manny hits a solo shot to almost the exact same spot. Cue the annoying "back, back, back" call.

:whiner:

RKMeibalane
10-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Classic Berman was on Konerko's homer. Two run blast, well over the Monster and gave the Sox the lead. Hardly a peep out of him.

Bottom of the same inning, Manny hits a solo shot to almost the exact same spot. Cue the annoying "back, back, back" call.

He sounded like he was having an orgasm on the air when that ball went out. What a complete loser.

itsnotrequired
10-07-2005, 06:48 PM
He sounded like he was having an orgasm on the air when that ball went out. What a complete loser.

That's becuase the long ball is all he gets excited about. Could you imagine him calling a pitcher's duel?:rolleyes:

ClaudelSleptHere
10-07-2005, 06:50 PM
"Kevin Millar will have his moments in this series. I know it. I just know it."

batmanZoSo
10-07-2005, 06:50 PM
I was wondering why don't those jerkoffs just put on a white jersey already.

Sorry to spoil your October, America, but we're on a mission from God.

Eat it and LIKE it!:cool:

Nyls Nyman
10-07-2005, 06:57 PM
I was not able to watch Games 1 or 2 as I was at a client site. But I almost threw a brick through TV set in the top of the 9th...

Rick Sutcliffe, on the other hand, said somewhere around the 7th that Ozzie had perfectly managed the series. Thank god somebody was paying attention.

iamkoza
10-07-2005, 06:59 PM

that was what set me off.... that and horrible strike/ball calls with marte

Red Barchetta
10-07-2005, 07:01 PM
I was not able to watch Games 1 or 2 as I was at a client site. But I almost threw a brick through TV set in the top of the 9th...

Rick Sutcliffe, on the other hand, said somewhere around the 7th that Ozzie had perfectly managed the series. Thank god somebody was paying attention.

I agree. I know Sutcliff still has some Cub loyalty, however he was the most professional. Heck, Piazza was even pretty good. Berman sucked! He got excited whenever a Red Sox player hit a medium deep fly ball. Konerko crushes one over the Green Monster and he hardly raises his voice. Hopefully we'll have a little more professionalism in the league championship series.

tebman
10-07-2005, 07:03 PM
You know, the White Sox are exposing what frauds these people are. Berman, Kruk, Brantley, Gammons, and the lot of them are shallow hacks.

This is real baseball. Give me this any day of the week, and make it a double scoop!

Chips
10-07-2005, 07:11 PM
:bart to Berman

cubhater
10-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Anyone catch Berman's comment that this is the end of one of the greatest runs by a team in baseball history?:chunks

spawn
10-07-2005, 07:19 PM
"Kevin Millar will have his moments in this series. I know it. I just know it."
That comment really pissed me off...I'm sitting here after he said that thinking "not if the White Sox sweep"...What a clown. I had to mute the television when Damon was up in the 6th.

pinotgrigio
10-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Screw it .MAy the best team win!!

StockdaleForVeep
10-07-2005, 07:24 PM
I beg your pardon kind sir, but would you perhaps know the score to the baseball match?

The nigh mets are my favorite squadron

Red Barchetta
10-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Anyone catch Berman's comment that this is the end of one of the greatest runs by a team in baseball history?:chunks

Yeah, the Red Sox own the market of former World Champions bounced in the first round the following year. Never saw that before! What a dynasty!

Chips
10-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Yeah, the Red Sox own the market of former World Champions bounced in the first round the following year. Never saw that before! What a dynasty!

:tealtutor:

Stroker Ace
10-07-2005, 07:43 PM
**** Berman.

beckett21
10-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Let's not forget Dan *what a great consolation prize for the Red Sox* Patrick.

Gotta love every second of this!

:neener:

iamkoza
10-07-2005, 07:50 PM
That comment really pissed me off...I'm sitting here after he said that thinking "not if the White Sox sweep"...What a clown. I had to mute the television when Damon was up in the 6th.

i tried muting the TV and putting rooney/farmer on... but the 3 second tv delay was even more annoying than chris berman

tebman
10-07-2005, 08:06 PM
i tried muting the TV and putting rooney/farmer on... but the 3 second tv delay was even more annoying than chris berman
I did that too, but it was okay for me. I'd hear John & Ed tell what happened then go look over my shoulder at the TV to see it. Sort of a very-instant replay.:tongue:

nasox
10-07-2005, 08:09 PM
I did that too, but it was okay for me. I'd hear John & Ed tell what happened then go look over my shoulder at the TV to see it. Sort of a very-instant replay.:tongue:

I know PHG loves the delay, but I'm not used to it. I feel unclean knowing what's going to happen before it actually does.

Hitmen77
10-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Berman was really annoying today. He was definitely pro-Red Sox.

He didn't sound very excited when El Duque shut them down in the 6th. Definitely felt like the opponents' announcers calling that inning.

Hey, if ESPN is going to refuse to say anything positive about the Sox, why don't they just let Hawk and DJ do the play-by-play for the WGN feed?

cal1003
10-07-2005, 08:20 PM
MAybe Chris Berman is so disappointed he wont announce any more games for the rest of the playoffs...

Foulke You
10-07-2005, 08:24 PM
MAybe Chris Berman is so disappointed he wont announce any more games for the rest of the playoffs...
We can only hope he gets assigned to the NLCS.

He went ballistic when Ramirez and Ortiz went yard in today's game, but got quite somber for Konerko's homer and El Duque's "shutdown" inning. Hopefully, Berman will go "back back back" to football where he belongs.

The Racehorse
10-07-2005, 08:24 PM

He didn't sound very excited when El Duque shut them down in the 6th. Definitely felt like the opponents' announcers calling that inning.

Hey, if ESPN is going to refuse to say anything positive about the Sox, why don't they just let Hawk and DJ do the play-by-play for the WGN feed?

I heard Berman say specifically "AJ ruined the Sox in game one" during tonight's telecast... what an ASS!

I tried muting, but it was no use because of the hot air that was blowing out of the espn booth tonight from Fenway Park... Berman's blatant pro-Boston comments just kept a-coming all night long... what an ASS!

SoxFan64
10-07-2005, 08:26 PM
if i knew where the linkt o the throw up guy is id put it here..... I can't take anymore of this berman's red sox bias.... its grossly unprofessional.

Here it is:

:chunks

Go to the "more" link it is towards the bottom of the icons on the right or just type in colon immediately followed by the words "chunks"

winning ugly 72
10-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Berman Sucks And So Does The Eastern Seaboard Programing Network

Bucky F. Dent
10-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Berman was moaning in the ninth about whether the dream was over.

No, Chris. The dream is very, very much alive!

Go back to NFL Tonight you putz!

SoxFan64
10-07-2005, 08:30 PM
...What a clown. I had to mute the television when Damon was up in the 6th.

Ah the advantage of watching the game in a bar and having it on close captions. I could ignore almost everything he said and focus on the winnig baseball we played.

Where was Steve Stone? Sutcliffe (sp?) was good but I thought if they put Stonie in the booth with him it would have given our side at someone who knew us.

So does anyone know what series Stone was working? I have yet to see him on TV. Did he get put on the bench?

SoxEd
10-07-2005, 08:35 PM

I asked the other posters on the (very 'compact & bijou') baseball fan board in the UK what they thought of Berman tonight:

The Cards fan posting on there had to agree with me that Berman was calling it for the Sawx, although the one Boston fan there initially thought I was just being paranoid - so it was very gratifying for me to see the bit after the game where he did his whole 'sorry, but I'm a lifelong Carmines fan' schtick.

At least we'll hear him no more this season!

pczarapa
10-07-2005, 08:39 PM

Berman was horrible, I had to turn the sound down and play the local radio broadcast in Lexington on ESPN radio which was actually really good. Buck Martinez is a pretty damn good radio announcer. Not as good as Rooney & Farmer, but I can only get AM1000 down here on a really clear night.

cwsox
10-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I heard Berman say specifically "AJ ruined the Sox in game one" during tonight's telecast... what an ASS!

ny the time he said that, I was so beyond rage at him and joy for the Sox that it hardly mattered anymore

cheeses_h_rice
10-07-2005, 09:12 PM
I just watched the 9th inning on Tivo, and jesus christ, could Berman be any less excited for the White Sox? When Renteria made the final out, Berman barely even announced the play, and his first words were "The Red Sox's dream to repeat is over," as if the White Sox actually WINNING the damn thing was less important.

**** him and **** the East Coast asshats.

TornLabrum
10-07-2005, 09:15 PM
I asked the other posters on the (very 'compact & bijou') baseball fan board in the UK what they thought of Berman tonight:

The Cards fan posting on there had to agree with me that Berman was calling it for the Sawx, although the one Boston fan there initially thought I was just being paranoid - so it was very gratifying for me to see the bit after the game where he did his whole 'sorry, but I'm a lifelong Carmines fan' schtick.

At least we'll hear him no more this season!

Curt Gowdy broadcast for the Red Sawx for years but called every Red Sox game he announced on the Game of the Week right down the middle. That's what a national announcer is supposed to do.

**** Berman!

skobabe8
10-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Berman was over the top tonight. You would have thought that Boston won the last 4 or 5 World Series' the way he was talking. Disgusting. I hated Berman before, but now its at a whole new level.

RadioheadRocks
10-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Let's not forget Dan *what a great consolation prize for the Red Sox* Patrick.

Gotta love every second of this!

:neener:

Exactly... a lot of folks over at ESPN must be feeling mighty stupid right now!!! :rolling:

HotelWhiteSox
10-07-2005, 09:31 PM
We can only hope he gets assigned to the NLCS.

He went ballistic when Ramirez and Ortiz went yard in today's game, but got quite somber for Konerko's homer and El Duque's "shutdown" inning. Hopefully, Berman will go "back back back" to football where he belongs.

No need to worry about that, CS games are only on FOX, Berman is done with baseball for the year

Truely ridiculous, the way they kept going back to Graffanino got old too. Berman was begging he would come up big, but come on, it was two nights ago, nobody cared about that at that point. But geez, so many references to the Red Sox and previous 'run', ***? I would've thought the Red Sox just came off of 6 straight championships, and then at the end he said, "Congratulations to the White Sox, AND ALSO to the Boston Red Sox". ***?

Also, horrible camera work by ESPN, sometimes they wouldn't even show the ball, and maybe because of the weather, I couldn't even tell where PKs HR was. Then, I think it was Uribe who hit the double off the wall early, and I didn't know if it was gone, off the wall, or what the hell happened, they had a shot of somewhere else and Berman was silent.

At least Sutcliffe would give us credit when deserved, and Piazza was better than I expected. I wonder if he may try to sign on with our team next year

billyvsox
10-07-2005, 09:33 PM
What pissed me off was the after the final out was recorded by Iguchi to Konerko, they immediately went to a shot of the somber Red Sox dugout, instead of our initial reaction to winning the series.

They should have shown the celebration at the mound and Ozzie's reaction, what a ****ing joke ESPN is.

Brian26
10-07-2005, 09:41 PM
What pissed me off was the after the final out was recorded by Iguchi to Konerko, they immediately went to a shot of the somber Red Sox dugout, instead of our initial reaction to winning the series.

Yep, my thoughts exactly, as I noticed the same thing. The focus wasn't on the White Sox winning, but, rather, it was on the Red Sox losing. **** Berman. Sutcliffe and Piazza did fine though. Sutcliffe gave the White Sox their due props.

billyvsox
10-07-2005, 09:46 PM
a few more things.

When Uribe doubled off the wall, Berman said it's a "scraper" (What????). They way Manny typically nonchalanted it, I had no idea if it was a homer or a double. What the eff is a scraper?

He was nearly creaming at the thought of Tony G getting the big bases loaded hit. He was devastated by El Duke's preformance.

The Red Sox got what they deserved, hell they probably dont even make the playoffs if we dont sweep the Toons.

When Big Poppi (can you say HGH), hit his homer, it was all about the greatness of the Poppi, but when El Duke blew him away in the 7th, barely a word about the great pitches he threw him.

Can you believe the incredible, most unbelieveable, spectacular catch made by Trot Nixon on a can of corn foul pop out. "No other right fielder in the game make that catch because of the Fenway knowledge". Does he expect that any true baseball fan buys this crap.

and on and on and on.

I will say this, however, they way the Chisox are doing this is classic.. a blow out, a come from behind, and a gutty road win in allegedly the hardest park in the world to even come close to winning at.

SoxFan64
10-07-2005, 09:51 PM
When Big Poppi (can you say HGH), hit his homer, it was all about the greatness of the Poppi, but when El Duke blew him away in the 7th, barely a word about the great pitches he threw him.

What is HGH? If posting here will get you a week off then just post to me privately.

Thanks.

JorgeFabregas
10-07-2005, 10:01 PM
I do think that in the bottom of the sixth Piazza was rooting for the White Sox. He was nervous and jittery and seemed to sympathize more with the battery than the batter.

HotelWhiteSox
10-07-2005, 10:02 PM
a few more things.

When Uribe doubled off the wall, Berman said it's a "scraper" (What????). They way Manny typically nonchalanted it, I had no idea if it was a homer or a double. What the eff is a scraper?

He was nearly creaming at the thought of Tony G getting the big bases loaded hit. He was devastated by El Duke's preformance.

The Red Sox got what they deserved, hell they probably dont even make the playoffs if we dont sweep the Toons.

Can you believe the incredible, most unbelieveable, spectacular catch made by Trot Nixon on a can of corn foul pop out. "No other right fielder in the game make that catch because of the Fenway knowledge". Does he expect that any true baseball fan buys this crap.

and on and on and on.

I will say this, however, they way the Chisox are doing this is classic.. a blow out, a come from behind, and a gutty road win in allegedly the hardest park in the world to even come close to winning at.

Two things that I really agree with you on. The Uribe play was the one I was trying to explain above, that got me real mad. I couldn't tell what happened because of bad camera work, and then he said it was a 'scraper' and it took them a minute to even show Uribe on 2nd. When he said 'scraper' I thought he meant it scraped off the top of the wall and was gone, he didn't expand on it at all, what a douche.

And ironic you mention the HGH, when they were chanting MVP, I was telling my friends they should be chanting three other letters, HGH!

(To the poster above, HGH is human growth hormone. It's gives the same effects of anabolic steroids (possibly better, I heard it actually improves hand-eye coordination), but can only be detected by a blood test, there have been no urine tests developed yet. This is why this new steroid policy will be a joke until they can test for HGH. After that, you'll really see numbers hit the fan)

WinOrDyeTrying
10-07-2005, 10:04 PM
What is HGH? If posting here will get you a week off then just post to me privately.

Thanks.

HGH: Human Growth Hormone.

California Sox
10-07-2005, 10:22 PM
I do think that in the bottom of the sixth Piazza was rooting for the White Sox. He was nervous and jittery and seemed to sympathize more with the battery than the batter.

Piazza made no secret of the fact that he and Paulie are friends. He was rooting for the Sox throughout. It was 2 against 1, though.

MRKARNO
10-07-2005, 10:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/i/columnists/berman_chris_m.jpg
"The 3-2 pitch.....OOOOOOOHHHHHH! He gets him to go!"

And that was not exclamatory, but more along the lines of "OOOOOH NOOO!" from Santo.

nasox
10-07-2005, 10:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/i/columnists/berman_chris_m.jpg
"The 3-2 pitch.....OOOOOOOHHHHHH! He gets him to go!"

And that was not exclamatory, but more along the lines of "OOOOOH NOOO!" from Santo.

Except for the fact that Santo is a Cubs broadcaster and is supposed to pull for his own team, but Berman is a national broadcaster who should be impartial.

elrod
10-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Piazza was great the whole series. I'd like to see him as a DH right here on the South Side next year.

BeefyD
10-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Berman Sucks And So Does The Eastern Seaboard Programing Network

That's awesome.. Wish I had a sign at Game 2 with that saying!!!!

Pure genius!!!

HotelWhiteSox
10-08-2005, 12:33 AM
I know we're totally biased :cool:, but we're not the only ones that noticed Hey-hey-hey, goodbye, Berman! (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-051007sherman,1,2430845.column?coll=cs-home-utility)

DieTrying79
10-08-2005, 12:49 AM
He was just out of control on Friday. Despite how you feel, please TRY to acknowledge that it's a national broadcast, jeez. That was unbearable.

Chisox353014
10-08-2005, 02:08 AM
Berman's expiration date was about 15 years ago. The man is a walking talking assclown.

Sly
10-08-2005, 02:13 AM
Is anyone watching Sportscenter? They just had a bit where Berman was standing in front of the Green Monster, cradling the 2004 World Series trophy and still waxing poetic about the Red Sox.

Give it up, Boomer, they lost. Three games to none.

Even if the Sox playe the Cards in the WS, Joe Buck won't be a 100th of the homer that Boomer was. Cripes.

RadioheadRocks
10-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Is anyone watching Sportscenter? They just had a bit where Berman was standing in front of the Green Monster, cradling the 2004 World Series trophy and still waxing poetic about the Red Sox.

Give it up, Boomer, they lost. Three games to none.

(cueing up OK GO)

"HEY!!! Get-get-get-get GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

SweetnesSox
10-08-2005, 02:20 AM
He didn't bother me TOO MUCH with his comments during the games. I'm used to being a second-class citizen. However, what pissed me off was AS SOON as the last out was recorded, the first words out of his mouth are "and so ends the magical reign of the Boston Red Sox" or something. I was like "forget the red sox... we just won!" Can you imagine the Patriots kicking a winning field goal and hearing "and it's good! philadelphia loses!"? It would (should) never happen. Give the winning team it's due.

IowaSox1971
10-08-2005, 02:42 AM
In Game 2, Berman's "Oh no" during Graffanino's error would have made Ron Santo proud.

In Game 3, his bias was so obvious, that he should apologize as soon as possible if he wants to retain any shred of dignity he might have left.

Wsoxmike59
10-08-2005, 06:40 AM

What, and cover up that beautiful comb over of his?? :D:

TornLabrum
10-08-2005, 08:56 AM
Maybe Berman is on the way out at ESPN and he's auditioning for a job at NESN.

harwar
10-08-2005, 09:10 AM
What berman did is unexcusable but expected.I mean we knew we were going to see this.
What i didn't expect is the way the cameras were directed.How in the world espn got that nice big fat new contract to cover MLB is beyond me.
Anyway they are history till next year for us and fox is not looking half as bad as they were a couple of weeks ago.
Its truely amazing that while i type this i'm smiling and i don't know why.
Being winners is pretty damn cool!

BeviBall!
10-08-2005, 09:16 AM
I enjoyed this on the ESPN crawl, "Coming up next on SportsCenter... What's next for the Red Sox?"

It never ends.

The Racehorse
10-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Berman's expiration date was about 15 years ago. The man is a walking talking assclown.

I feel the exact same way. I used to enjoy the Berman-isms back when ESPN was still somewhat raw. Having nick-names for players while weaving in the occasional rock music them during games was kind of fun [with emphasis on was]... but one of the ESPN suits needs to remind Chris Berman that that schtick was good 20 years ago, and the calendar on the wall says 2005. Berman has become a caricature of himself.

jabrch
10-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Piazza was great the whole series. I'd like to see him as a DH right here on the South Side next year.

I was talking with friends about that on Wednesday at the game. I'd have him DH and then catch a game a week to back up AJ. We'd still need to keep Widger, but it would be nice to have Piazza DH and backup a C and at 1B. I guess it depends on if he is looking to make a ton of money, or if he wants to only make big huge piles of money and be a part of what we have going on here.

TornLabrum
10-08-2005, 09:37 AM
What berman did is unexcusable but expected.I mean we knew we were going to see this.
What i didn't expect is the way the cameras were directed.How in the world espn got that nice big fat new contract to cover MLB is beyond me.
Anyway they are history till next year for us and fox is not looking half as bad as they were a couple of weeks ago.
Its truely amazing that while i type this i'm smiling and i don't know why.
Being winners is pretty damn cool!

Just remember, so far we've just won the AL Central. That hardly qualifies as being winners. All this series did was make us eligible to win the American League pennant. We won another series, just as we've been doing all year. Talk to me next week about being winners.

Johnny Mostil
10-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Just remember, so far we've just won the AL Central. That hardly qualifies as being winners. All this series did was make us eligible to win the American League pennant. We won another series, just as we've been doing all year. Talk to me next week about being winners.

Amen, brother . . .