PDA

View Full Version : If we win game 3 who starts in game 1 of ALCS?

antitwins13
10-06-2005, 06:42 PM
If Freddy G. can beat the Red Cubs on Friday then who do you think should start game one of the ALCS. I think it should be Jose even thought it's Garlands turn in the rotation.

JohnBasedowYoda
10-06-2005, 06:44 PM
start garland. we don't want him getting too rusty.

anewman35
10-06-2005, 06:45 PM
If Freddy G. can beat the Red Cubs on Friday then who do you think should start game one of the ALCS. I think it should be Jose even thought it's Garlands turn in the rotation.

Ozzie has already said it would be Garland.

SOXintheBURGH
10-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Jon "Don't Call me Judy" Garland

kevin57
10-06-2005, 06:47 PM
start garland. we don't want him getting too rusty.

Amen.

SOXFANBILLMAN
10-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Garland has had a great season if he doesn't start he'll have way too much down time. I'll be there, hopefully to see another w for Jon G

Fuller_Schettman
10-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Game 1: Garland
Game 2: Contreras
Game 3: Buehrle
Game 4: Garcia
Game 5: Garland
Game 6: Contreras

JohnBasedowYoda
10-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Game 1: Garland
Game 2: Contreras
Game 3: Buehrle
Game 4: Garcia
Game 5: Garland
Game 6: Contreras

http://www.lookalikes-susanscott.co.uk/Images%2010_03/Resized%20Comedy/Austin%20Powers%20-%20Chris%20Lumb.jpg

that is one sexy rotation.

SOXintheBURGH
10-06-2005, 06:59 PM
http://www.lookalikes-susanscott.co.uk/Images%2010_03/Resized%20Comedy/Austin%20Powers%20-%20Chris%20Lumb.jpg

that is one sexy rotation.

I wonder if Wayne Campbell is a member of Sox Army?

Is Aurora Sox Country?

Banix12
10-06-2005, 07:52 PM
If the sox win tomorrow, in the ALCS. I would start Garland Game 1, Buehrle game 2, Contreras game 3 and Garcia game 4. So my only change is to flip-flop Buehrle and Contreras in the rotation.

Buehrle has to pitch game 2 in my opinion because that sets him up to pitch games 2 and 6, both home games. He's better at home so go with his strengths.

It also sets up Contreras, who has been our best pitcher to throw game 3, and a potential game 7.

Garland needs the work so I guess he would be going by default game 1, which isn't bad since he is also a pretty good road pitcher and would go in a potential game 5.

I just set it up because I don't like Buerhle on the road, no matter which opponent and would rather go Contreras, Garcia and Garland in either Anaheim or New York

A. Cavatica
10-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Well, it may depend on who wins the other series. If it's NY, I want the 3-4-5 starters to be Buehrle (lefty), Garcia (road game), Garland. So it's Garland in game 1, Contreras in 2, and Contreras & Buehrle available for potential 6 & 7.

WikdChiSoxFan
10-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Why is El Duque on that list?

Goodnight Garland fer sure

Banix12
10-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Just thought of another reason it should probably be Garland if the sox clinch tomorrow. He's never pitched in the playoffs before and if he has to pitch in the playoffs it would probably be better to get his first experience at home. not that I think he would get rattled on the road but I think the home crowd might help him.

Now White Sox, go finish the job tomorrow!

Soxzilla
10-06-2005, 09:41 PM
If the sox win tomorrow, in the ALCS. I would start Garland Game 1, Buehrle game 2, Contreras game 3 and Garcia game 4. So my only change is to flip-flop Buehrle and Contreras in the rotation.

Buehrle has to pitch game 2 in my opinion because that sets him up to pitch games 2 and 6, both home games. He's better at home so go with his strengths.

It also sets up Contreras, who has been our best pitcher to throw game 3, and a potential game 7.

Garland needs the work so I guess he would be going by default game 1, which isn't bad since he is also a pretty good road pitcher and would go in a potential game 5.

I just set it up because I don't like Buerhle on the road, no matter which opponent and would rather go Contreras, Garcia and Garland in either Anaheim or New York

I agree 100% with this logic, I think this is our best chance at beating whoever we face.

And Aurora, at least around here, is Sox country.:tongue:

SweetnesSox
10-06-2005, 10:03 PM
I thought we were just gonna use Duque for long relief in case someone has a bad outing? Or worst case scenario someone gets hurt or isn't rested. Was I just assuming that?? Anyway I would go Garland since he would be on like a week and a half rest haha.

Banix12
10-06-2005, 10:10 PM
I thought we were just gonna use Duque for long relief in case someone has a bad outing? Or worst case scenario someone gets hurt or isn't rested. Was I just assuming that?? Anyway I would go Garland since he would be on like a week and a half rest haha.

Yeah, I think that has been the plan all along with El Duque. There might also be a chance that McCarthy gets activated as a second long man and Viz goes off the roster .