PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Fenway?

dpbyron
10-06-2005, 06:29 PM
I fell into tickets for both games and will be leaving tomorrow morning! :bandance:

Paid through the nose for airfare, but what the heck :D:

Are any other WSIers going to be there?

I will be representing the Sox in a very NON-Scrub fan manner. Simple cheering and NO obnoxious behavior. The last thing I want to do is give Chicago fans a bad name like those moron fans from that other team.

JohnBasedowYoda
10-06-2005, 06:32 PM
wow have fun man! be loud and proud! Bring home a winner

Daver
10-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Hopefully, you won't need the game four ticket.

Fenway is a dump BTW.

Chisox003
10-06-2005, 06:37 PM
I fell into tickets for both games and will be leaving tomorrow morning! :bandance:

I will be representing the Sox in a very NON-Scrub fan manner. Simple cheering and NO obnoxious behavior. The last thing I want to do is give Chicago fans a bad name like those moron fans from that other team.
My dad was at both games 1 and 2, and felt it necassary after getting home last night to get online, get 2 plane tickets for him and my mom, and 2 tickets to game 3. They leave tomorrow morning. I don't. :(:

Shammy Hater
10-06-2005, 06:43 PM
My dad was at both games 1 and 2, and felt it necassary after getting home last night to get online, get 2 plane tickets for him and my mom, and 2 tickets to game 3. They leave tomorrow morning. I don't. :(:

make sure to remind them of this when you put them in a nursing home.:bandance:

Hagan
10-06-2005, 06:43 PM
I liked fenway park when I went up there for the white sox series. There were a lot of jerks who thought they were funny for making fun of the white sox but the park was cool to see. Oh and I hope you are under 5 foot because there is very little leg room. HAVE FUN AND GO WHITE SOX!!!!

dpbyron
10-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Thanks! I have never been to Fenway and I heard it is a hole. Hopefully, the real Sox will be well represented.:D:

Number 9
10-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Fenway is a hole. Small, cramped, crowds constantly in the aisles blocking the view, they should tear it down. But I'd give anything to be there tomorrow to see the Sox complete the sweep. I've been cheering on the White Sox there for 33 years. Not many fellow Sox fans. Enjoy the game!

SOXintheBURGH
10-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Fenway is a hole. Small, cramped, crowds constantly in the aisles blocking the view, they should tear it down. But I'd give anything to be there tomorrow to see the Sox complete the sweep. I've been cheering on the White Sox there for 33 years. Not many fellow Sox fans. Enjoy the game!

Wilkommen! :gulp:

ThatGuyOnTheL
10-06-2005, 08:24 PM

Be careful. Bostonians, specifically drunken ones wearing Blowsawx apparel (who comprise 99% of the city) are among the lowest forms of life on Earth. It's so bad that (during most games) they have to separate the bleachers from the rest of the stadium with barbed wire and have state troopers patrol up and down the aisles.

MUsoxfan
10-06-2005, 08:28 PM
It's so bad that (during most games) they have to separate the bleachers from the rest of the stadium with barbed wire and have state troopers patrol up and down the aisles.

I hope you intended that to be in teal. I was there a couple times, and by no means is it anything like that

Number 9
10-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Yes, Fenway is nothing like that. Small, crowed but very friendly. Never had a problem cheering on the White Sox there.

ThatGuyOnTheL
10-06-2005, 08:32 PM
I hope you intended that to be in teal. I was there a couple times, and by no means is it anything like that

Nope - Blowsawx/Yankees, Easter Sunday 2001 - barbed wire down the middle of the concourse, preventing fans in the right field bleachers from entering the rest of the park.

Number 9
10-06-2005, 08:34 PM
They do block off the bleachers from the rest of the Park. Never noticed barb wire but haven't sat out there since 1996.

MUsoxfan
10-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Nope - Blowsawx/Yankees, Easter Day 2001 - barbed wire down the middle of the concourse, preventing fans in the right field bleachers from entering the rest of the park.

Interesting.. I was out there last year for Sox/Sox and had bleacher tickets. I was able to go everywhere in the park except on the Monster

Cambridge
10-06-2005, 08:40 PM
They do block off the bleachers from the rest of the Park.

Used to, but not anymore. Once in the park, you can go anywhere.

I've been to a lot of ballparks, and Fenway is the best place anywhere to watch baseball. It's all about the game - no sound effects and artificial entertainment.

EDIT: except the Monster seats.

Number 9
10-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Guess it has been awhile since I sat out there. I do love the history and tradition at Fenway but I'm spoiled by the newer parks. Comfort, getting something to eat or drink without missing half the game. Guess I'm getting old!

whtsx1959
10-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Watch out for those Fenway Franks, they're just a hot wrapped in bread, not a bun.

My sister is going to the game.

1951Campbell
10-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Fenway is a microcosm of the city of Boston: the first time you go, the history is overwhelming and very cool, but once that wears off, you realize that it's crowded, expensive, the food is bad, and the Man wants to make getting a drink difficult.

wdelaney72
10-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Fenway is a dump BTW.

Don't you mean it's a turd? :D:

10-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Careful, those fans bite...I liked Fenway, it was cool to be there, can't blame fans for being loyal and rabid about their team....BUT there are no walking Beer Vendors, you have to go get flat tap beer for 6 bucks, and if you smoke, you gotta walk all they way outside and then walk all the way back, ridiculous! But have fun and watch your back.....what I learned is they won't mess with you if you don't mess with them and they don't fight fair

1951Campbell
10-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Careful, those fans bite...I liked Fenway, it was cool to be there, can't blame fans for being loyal and rabid about their team....BUT there are no walking Beer Vendors, you have to go get flat tap beer for 6 bucks, and if you smoke, you gotta walk all they way outside and then walk all the way back, ridiculous! But have fun and watch your back.....what I learned is they won't mess with you if you don't mess with them and they don't fight fair

In about 25 games there, the only time my wife and I had a problem was Yanks/Sox in the bleachers. They just kinda threw their hands up as far as security went...

10-07-2005, 11:11 AM
In about 25 games there, the only time my wife and I had a problem was Yanks/Sox in the bleachers. They just kinda threw their hands up as far as security went...

My friend got his nose broke last year for waiving his White Sox hat around after we beat them...may have been a isolated event but you can see my concern!

rdwj
10-07-2005, 11:27 AM
My friend got his nose broke last year for waiving his White Sox hat around after we beat them...may have been a isolated event but you can see my concern!

Ya, when you make yourself a target - some people are gonna take a shot.

cheeses_h_rice
10-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Used to, but not anymore. Once in the park, you can go anywhere.

I've been to a lot of ballparks, and Fenway is the best place anywhere to watch baseball. It's all about the game - no sound effects and artificial entertainment.

EDIT: except the Monster seats.

Fenway is great, if you like your view blocked by people walking in front of you for the entire game, beams in your way, and the most uncomfortable seats in baseball since the demolition of County Stadium in Milwaukee.

itsnotrequired
10-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Fenway is great, if you like your view blocked by people walking in front of you for the entire game, beams in your way, and the most uncomfortable seats in baseball since the demolition of County Stadium in Milwaukee.

Ooooh, those County Stadium seats were the pits.