PDA

View Full Version : ALCS Game 2 - Possible Day Game?

Madvora
10-06-2005, 04:37 PM
This can't be! I ended up getting game 2 tickets and now I see on the MLB schedule that there is a ALCS game and an NLCS game both scheduled on that day (next Wednesday.) The times are still listed as "TBA."

This sucks. Anyone have an idea of what times they usually start these games? I can't make a day game. I have a 50% chance I will get screwed here.

Is there a chance that these could both be night games with one on ESPN and one on FOX?

downstairs
10-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Don't forget there were two night games yesterday (also a Wednesday).

Maybe that's the same plan....

6pm Central, then 9pm Central?

HotelWhiteSox
10-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Last year, they did Yankees/Red Sox and Astros/Cardinals at the same time, but that was Game 7, so I'm not sure if that was the only reason (one was on FOX while the other was on FX or Fox Sports Net)

I don't get why they put them on at the same time anyways, I thought in past years it was just each game skipping a day

Ol' No. 2
This can't be! I ended up getting game 2 tickets and now I see on the MLB schedule that there is a ALCS game and an NLCS game both scheduled on that day (next Wednesday.) The times are still listed as "TBA."

This sucks. Anyone have an idea of what times they usually start these games? I can't make a day game. I have a 50% chance I will get screwed here.

Is there a chance that these could both be night games with one on ESPN and one on FOX?I'd think either Chicago/New York or Chicago/LA would trump any combination of cities the NL can muster. I'll bet the AL game gets prime time.

Fenway
Is there a chance that these could both be night games with one on ESPN and one on FOX?

Don't worry

What will happen is one game will be on FOX the other on FX ( just like last year )

kittle42
10-06-2005, 04:41 PM
The Sun-Times has both Game 1 and 2 of the ALCS listed as a 720 central start.

sas1974
10-06-2005, 04:42 PM
I would imagine that the same rules apply. If we end up playing the Yankees, it'll be the night game.

Madvora
10-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Well, that stuff makes me feel a little better, but I wish they had a definite plan. I'm sick of this waiting until the last minute crap.
They don't give a crap about people who actually have tickets to these events.

The thing is that the AL game 2 is on the same day as the NL game 1. I wonder if the AL game would still be primetime?

Madvora
10-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Thank God..
Fox Sports website says both games at 7:00 central

"8 p.m. (split-national)"

OH! That's great news!
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/4925610

Ol' No. 2
10-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Well, that stuff makes me feel a little better, but I wish they had a definite plan. I'm sick of this waiting until the last minute crap.
They don't give a crap about people who actually have tickets to these events.

The thing is that the AL game 2 is on the same day as the NL game 1. I wonder if the AL game would still be primetime?It's the same as always. They can't schedule the times until they know what teams are in. There's also the time difference to consider if West Coast teams are involved.

Fenway
10-06-2005, 04:51 PM
BOTH games are at 7:20 Central

one game on FOX the other on F/X

kninchicago
10-06-2005, 05:02 PM
What about games 6 & 7? I would imagine if it goes that far it'll be night games.

Vernam
10-06-2005, 05:02 PM
I would imagine that the same rules apply. If we end up playing the Yankees, it'll be the night game.I love how we cozy up to the East Coast bias when it serves our purposes!

Seriously, though, if we think we've got it bad, imagine being an Astros fan.

Vernam