PDA

View Full Version : Keith Foulke really is a piece of work

Fenway
10-06-2005, 03:03 PM
I dunno. If the team that is paying for my lifestyle is playing in a critical playoff game and I have decided not to be on the bench rooting for my team, I don't think I would go to a HOCKEY game at the very hour of that playoff game.

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/2005/10/apathy_its_call.html

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/10.5_kf_mm_bdd.jpg

tlebar318
10-06-2005, 03:08 PM
I am glad his Sox are RED at this point and not WHITE...:redneck

SOXintheBURGH
10-06-2005, 03:31 PM
I am glad his Sox are RED at this point and not WHITE...:redneck

Maybe he can come shut us down tomorrow night with a bloody ankle brace?

soxfan26
10-06-2005, 03:41 PM
I found this quote (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/MLB/2005/09/23/1232936-ap.html) from Keith...

It's been a difficult season for Foulke, whose his struggle on the mound this season have been coupled with a personal problem he has alluded to but not described.

"My feeling on this whole season is it's almost a relief now that it's over," he said. "The last year of my life has pretty much been the worst year of my life, off the field, on the field. It's one of those deals that I'm glad it's over."

It's obvious the man just needs some time to heal. I didn't know that a person could miss hockey that much... :cool:

Brian26
10-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Wow. Just, wow.

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Maybe he was on the phone with ESPN...informing him the game WOULD be won by the Carmines so there was no need for him to "root" for his team.

Madvora
10-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Look a Little Closer:
Was That Really Keith Foulke at the Bruins Opener Last Night
While the Baseball Team That Pays Him Was Fighting
for Its Life in Chicago?

Fighting for it's life? That's what you call fighting? Ha!

Huisj
10-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Hasn't Foulke always mentioned before that he doesn't really like baseball as a game all that much? He's said he likes pitching while he's actually in the game, but when he's not playing, he doesn't enjoy watching it very much and he never really played much attention to it growing up? I seem to remember reading that in some interview with him on whitesox.com a number of years back when he was good with the white sox.

Mohoney
10-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Gary Coleman! clap-clap, clap-clap-clap
Gary Coleman! clap-clap, clap-clap-clap

I_Liked_Manuel
10-06-2005, 10:36 PM
has he really been getting it on with one of the ball girls?

HotelWhiteSox
10-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Hasn't Foulke always mentioned before that he doesn't really like baseball as a game all that much? He's said he likes pitching while he's actually in the game, but when he's not playing, he doesn't enjoy watching it very much and he never really played much attention to it growing up? I seem to remember reading that in some interview with him on whitesox.com a number of years back when he was good with the white sox.

Yes, I remember this! I knew there was something that made me think this guy was kind of weird, and this interview mentioned was it. Then the way he would go on any media show possible to any who would listen and bad mouth Kenny and the organization after the trade, grrrrr

gashegone72
10-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Foulke is a big hockey fan, and would be playing hockey if he had the talent. He plays baseball because it pays the bills. I got to spend several hours with him (and Bobby Howry) on Labor Day 2000, after having won a webvan.com sponsored Backyard BBQ [sidebar - one of the best experiences I've had as a Sox fan], and he mentioned that his favorite sport is hockey.

Still, though, c'mon...can't you wait and catch a game on Friday after your team is eliminated?