PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle's Gutsy Performance

elrod
10-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Yesterday was not one of Mark Buehrle's best performances. He got hit hard and early. But he never caved. Down 4-0 he stuck it out and shut the Red Sox down for only 2 hits (one was an infield hit) after the 3rd inning. He literally held the fort for the hitters. When Boston got up 2-0 in the first and threatened to blow it wide open in the 3rd, I thought we were going to see Game One in reverse. The hitters couldn't touch Wells, and every Red Sox hitter nailed the ball someplace. But Buehrle settled into his Buehrle groove and shut the Red Sox down through the 7th. It may not have been Buehrle's best pitching performance, but it was his gutsiest.

miker
10-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Agreed!

BNLSox
10-06-2005, 02:19 PM
I also think it should have been communicated that the ball was to go the plate on the ball Konerko threw down to 2nd. We never will know what would have happened if that run had been cut down, but I really only charge Buerhle with 3 ER's yesterday and that against a playoff veteran team that had been embarased the day before in his first post season start is awesome.

I think if we see him again in October we'll see even better things!

A_ROW33
10-06-2005, 02:23 PM
True grit. Starts like this is why people pay attention to wins for a pitcher and not only era. Mark Buehrle: YES! :bandance: