PDA

View Full Version : To what's her name on ESPN- It's Tadahito, not Tadito

PatK
10-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Did anybody notice that the on-field female reporter kept calling the Gooch "Tadito" and not Tadahito?

She also screwed up other players' names (Uribe comes to mind). Of course, she got every Red Sox players' names right. Did anybody catch this?

Now I understand that ESPN, FOX, etc. often use a hot chick for various reasons (to draw male viewers, to not appear sexist, because of their massive insight, etc). But I find it insulting and unproffessional to repeatedly get players' names wrong when you are supposed to be taken seriously as a journalist.

Seeing as she offered nothing of any real substance as far as insight goes, I would at least think she would have the players' names down, seeing as she has about 30 seconds of camera time and plenty of time to do her homework.

I'd rather look at an ugly person that has their facts straight than eye candy that has nothing knowledgeable to contribute.

Sad
10-06-2005, 12:41 PM
don't even get me started on these token sideline reporters in every sport now...

miker
10-06-2005, 12:43 PM
I'd rather look at an ugly person that has their facts straight than eye candy that has nothing knowledgeable to contribute.
If she wasn't eye candy, they wouldn't of hired her. The media is as shallow as they are knowledgable.

Erik The Red
10-06-2005, 12:44 PM
If she wasn't eye candy, they wouldn't of hired her. The media is as shallow as they are knowledgable.
So, you're saying that the media is very knowledgable? :?:

kittle42
10-06-2005, 12:45 PM
This thread is already as stupid as the one that was sent to the Roadhouse.

Congrats, fellas!

34 Inch Stick
10-06-2005, 12:51 PM
You can go back to the days of Jim Gray asking Pete Rose for complex answers to fill the 15 seconds of time.

miker
10-06-2005, 12:54 PM
So, you're saying that the media is very knowledgable? :?:
Ooops, I've crossed analogies. I should've said they are as shallow as they THINK they are knowledgable.

And there are no such things as a stupid thread...just those intolerant of other's opinions and ideas.

ewokpelts
10-06-2005, 12:58 PM
they have more practice using blow sawks player's names....

kittle42
10-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Ooops, I've crossed analogies. I should've said they are as shallow as they THINK they are knowledgable.

And there are no such things as a stupid thread...just those intolerant of other's opinions and ideas.

I tolerate everyone's opinions and ideas, and then if I think those opinions and ideas are not well-founded, I might call them "stupid."

PatK
10-06-2005, 01:09 PM
This thread is already as stupid as the one that was sent to the Roadhouse.

Congrats, fellas!

That was because of a gender specific insult in the title.

So I take it you like having time wasted by someone that repeatedly screws up names and says nothing other than the obvious?

I'll take someone that gives me some insight. I could care less what they look like.

kittle42
10-06-2005, 01:11 PM
So I take it you like having time wasted by someone that repeatedly screws up names and says nothing other than the obvious?

No, Ron Santo, Mike North, Eric Dickerson and Tony Siragusa are not my cup of tea.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Maybe she saw Joe Namath coming toward her and was nervous. :o:

Word of advice - Nobody at ESPN knows their but from a hole in the ground.

whtsx1959
10-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Out of disgust, I learned her name. She's Erin Andrews

Chicken Dinner
10-06-2005, 03:41 PM
I thought she looked pretty hot last night.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:qLAB7vu4D-0J:www.joincrossblog.com/blog/img/f19495/Erin%2520andrews.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.joincrossblog.com/blog/img/f19495/Erin%2520andrews.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.joincrossblog.com/sectionlist.asp%3Fs%3D%26month%3D3%26year%3D2005&h=800&w=602&sz=105&tbnid=qLAB7vu4D-0J:&tbnh=142&tbnw=106&hl=en&start=3&prev=/images%3Fq%3DErin%2BAndrews%26svnum%3D100%26hl%3De n%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLD,GGLD:2004-03,GGLD:en%26sa%3DN)

tstrike2000
10-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Did anybody notice that the on-field female reporter kept calling the Gooch "Tadito" and not Tadahito?

It's funny that this was brought up because I didn't catch it, but while we were watching the game my wife asked, "Did she just call him Tadito?" I told her they probably did because with that network, besides the brutal announcing, nothing surprises me.

Jerko
10-06-2005, 03:46 PM
:hawk

"Give her a break, I called him Tadahootie once"

tstrike2000
10-06-2005, 03:56 PM
:hawk

"Give her a break, I called him Tadahootie once"

Yes, the famous Japanese cover band, Tadahootie and The Blowfish.

bafiarocks03
10-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Yah, and nobody on ESPN can say Uribe right! Not one person.

PAPChiSox729
10-06-2005, 09:13 PM

Ahh. That annoyed me so much.
"Now up to bat, Juan Erribe." I mean it is ok if he is a new player, but Uribe has been around for a little while.

cheeses_h_rice
10-06-2005, 09:18 PM
On Chicago Tonight's show tonight, the sports editor for the Sun-Times called him "Taguchi," which know-nothing discussion host Phil Ponce proceeded to do as well. Dan Bernstein was just sitting there on the panel and actually didn't make his usual "So Taguchi" joke; maybe he will tomorrow.

103 screwball
10-06-2005, 09:19 PM
I have heard him called Taguchi many times too. How do you say clutch in Japanese? Tadahito Iguchi. Hopefully there with be 9 more Sox wins this year for the media to learn who the White Sox are.

StrTrkker
10-06-2005, 09:29 PM
I have heard him called Taguchi many times too. How do you say clutch in Japanese? Tadahito Iguchi. Hopefully there with be 9 more Sox wins this year for the media to learn who the White Sox are.

I dont know how to say "clutch" but this is how its written...

クラッチ

Mr. White Sox
10-06-2005, 10:03 PM

Umm, actually, to be technical, we're the ones saying it incorrectly.
It's correctly pronounced "Ooreebay".

PAPChiSox729
10-06-2005, 10:07 PM

I've heard that too, but I just go by whatever PA guy says.
:redneck

StockdaleForVeep
10-07-2005, 02:52 AM
:harry&jimmy
"I tell ya i must be some damn eye candy, i couldnt pronounce anyones name, this buds for you"

Mohoney
10-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Is this bizarro world?

Why on Earth would you start this thread again?

JorgeFabregas
10-07-2005, 05:26 AM
That's true, but that's not how Berman pronounces it.

PatK
10-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Is this bizarro world?

Why on Earth would you start this thread again?

Because the other one got moved and frozen, and I wanted to see if anyone else noticed her getting the names wrong.

And yeah, she's hot. But since she's butchering names and not offering any insight, what's the point in having her? If she was naked, that's fine, but since she's not, I would rather go on with the 15 seconds of dead air.

SweetnesSox
10-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Was anyone watching the Houston/Atlanta game last night? It was drizzling rain, and they went to that pretty african american woman "sideline reporter" that they always use. AND SHE STARTS TALKING ABOUT RAIN. She was like "as you can see my how frizzy my hair is, it's raining out. back to you guys in the booth!" and to make matters worse, the booth guys actually ran with it. The color guy was like "What's that my wife always says? when it's raining and you have straight hair, it makes it curly, when it's curly, it makes it straight?" STOP TALKING. I'm totally for more women in the sports business, but comments like this is what makes ignorant people think women can't do it. don't prove them right by talking about how your eyeliner is running or you broke a nail fielding a foul boul...:angry:

kittle42
10-07-2005, 01:10 PM
And yeah, she's hot. But since she's butchering names and not offering any insight, what's the point in having her? If she was naked, that's fine, but since she's not, I would rather go on with the 15 seconds of dead air.

Hmm...I wonder how that original thread got moved in the first place. :rolleyes: