PDA

View Full Version : There was a Defined and Noticable VIBE ...

Hangar18
10-06-2005, 11:07 AM
the last couple of days in the area. Traffic was outrageously bad before Game1, took me 2hrs coming from the southwest suburbs. I know all the shortcuts, but there were cars everywhere, Halsted had fans walking around, 31st, 35th.......... It was like controlled chaos about to happen. What great fans the White Sox have .......:smile:

Hangar18
10-06-2005, 11:08 AM
You cant imagine how I felt, walking into the park before game 1, and seeing the SOX wearing the vests!!!! Were undefeated since they put them on .....

skobabe8
10-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Look for them the next home game, too!

Good job, Hangar! All of the credit this post-season should go to you!

Flight #24
10-06-2005, 11:20 AM
I gotta say, last night was the loudest and most electric I have ever felt the stadium. Ridiculously so. It was awesome, especially when Jenks came in to face Manny. And kudos to Brooks on another great job with the various montages, etc - they really got the crowd pumped up!

Between the improved marketing, the grinder team, Ozzie, and most importantly, the wins - there's a sea change beginning in this town. The buzz is drifting south, and it's something that I think will show as a carryover to next year.

ChiSoxGirl
10-06-2005, 11:20 AM
I totally felt that same vibe yesterday as soon as I got off the freeway at 35th St. It was the best feeling I've EVER had at a baseball game! :bandance:

Chez
10-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Yesterday afternoon, I was waiting for my friend at Union Station last night at around 4:30 to head down to the game and I couldn't believe how many people were wearing Sox shirts and caps. And these were folks going to the train; not to the game. I was wearing my jersey and got lots of high fives and shout outs. Lots of Sox pride and love out there. Feels weird and kind of good!

maurice
10-06-2005, 12:51 PM
I gotta say, last night was the loudest and most electric I have ever felt the stadium. Ridiculously so. It was awesome, especially when Jenks came in to face Manny.

Jenks told reporters in the lockerroom that he really appreciated the fan reaction and that he never experienced anything like it. He's not that far removed from playing in the minors, where most of the fans don't even know your name.

Iguchi told reporters (through his translator) that the fan reaction was outstanding and nothing like anything he experienced in Japan. In Japanese playoff games, a large percentage of the "home" crowd is rooting for the other team.

Brian26
10-06-2005, 03:34 PM
I stayed in the park as late as they allowed us to watch the post game press conference while everyone else headed out. One of the most incredible sights I've ever seen was coming out on the top of the ramp (on the thirdbase side) afterwards and seeing the throngs of people at 35th and Bill Veeck Drive with the tv crews and lighting...and the parking lots jammed packed. What a scene.

skobabe8
10-06-2005, 03:35 PM
I stayed in the park as late as they allowed us to watch the post game press conference while everyone else headed out. One of the most incredible sights I've ever seen was coming out on the top of the ramp (on the thirdbase side) afterwards and seeing the throngs of people at 35th and Bill Veeck Drive with the tv crews and lighting...and the parking lots jammed packed. What a scene.

Yeah that was a site. Same goes for the red line stop. It looked like a herd of cattle.

Sarah
10-06-2005, 03:46 PM
I stopped at the Hardee's rest area on the Indiana Toll Road on my way back to Notre Dame last night, and the rest area had a bunch of other Sox fans headed back home after the game - always good to have a rousing cheer for the Sox while pumping gas.

Makes it that much more palatable to spend $3.00 per gallon.

ChicagoHoosier
10-06-2005, 03:48 PM
People were honking at me and my wife after the game on Tuesday when they saw our Sox hats and my jersey. I love that!

southsidesoxfan1
10-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Went to both games, and the game 1 vibe was beyond electric. Walk down 37th from halsted and the neighborhood was so alive.
I thought the video monthly montage on the jumbotron before the game gave me gaint lump in my throat. It was fantastic, whoever put that together did one hell of a job. Gave me total goosebumps before the game. I'd love to get a copy of it.
Leaving game 1, I was almost run over by the mayors car. I was walking down 37th back towards Halsted, when I got to Parnell, this car hangs a quick right on 37th without making a stop, forcing me to stop in my tracks in the middle of the street. In the back seat was Richie with a big old smile and his wife Maggie.

:D:

billnahorodny
10-06-2005, 04:02 PM
When Iguchi hit the home run...you could barely even hear the fireworks going off over the fans' cheering. It was really an amazing thing to be a part of.

HotelWhiteSox
10-06-2005, 04:06 PM
I know that the turning point was the error/and HR, but I got a real good vibe after AJ's ground out that moved the runner over to 3rd

DrummerGeorgefan
10-06-2005, 04:16 PM
I know that the turning point was the error/and HR, but I got a real good vibe after AJ's ground out that moved the runner over to 3rd

I think AJ's reaction summed it up. He was clapping as he was running to the base, knowing that he did his job and when he ran across the infield and got into the dugout you can tell he was firing the guys up. He knows that the little things like moving over runners count, and that doing those things will lead to bigger things.

FielderJones
10-06-2005, 04:33 PM
I thought the video monthly montage on the jumbotron before the game gave me gaint lump in my throat. It was fantastic, whoever put that together did one hell of a job. Gave me total goosebumps before the game. I'd love to get a copy of it.

I found my eyes just a bit wet watching both videos, the monthly, and the historic mixed with current Sox. All the years, all the teams, all the hopes and dreams that we Sox fans have had. And now, this year, this team -- to be on the brink of postseason success. It's really something special!

By the way, Brooks, when the postseason DVD is put together, please get those pregame videos included!

GoGoSoxReborn
10-06-2005, 05:15 PM
I found my eyes just a bit wet watching both videos, the monthly, and the historic mixed with current Sox. All the years, all the teams, all the hopes and dreams that we Sox fans have had. And now, this year, this team -- to be on the brink of postseason success. It's really something special!

By the way, Brooks, when the postseason DVD is put together, please get those pregame videos included!

Me too! Everytime i see the pirates of the carribean one I get goosebumps and the hairs on my arms stand up, but Tuesday and Wednesday it was a bit more... the atmosphere was incredible!

JohnBasedowYoda
10-06-2005, 05:35 PM
hangar i was watching my tape of game one and i think you're on camera. i'm pretty sure it was you they zoomed in on cheering after aj hit his bomb. i think it was you, after all we only met once.

'you' were standing up yelling and were the only one in the shot. was it you?