PDA

View Full Version : Love from ESPN's Cold Pizza

kaufsox
10-06-2005, 10:58 AM
As I was feeding scion #2 early this morning, I popped on Cold Pizza which is a pretty horrible show, I'll grant you. Dana Jacobsen(sp) has really improved the show however. Anyway, First Buster(what grown man is named Buster) Olney said he had never seen a crowd get so excited for a baserunner and really complimented the crowd on its intensity. Then Lee Mazelli, who looked like an extra from The Sopranos, when asked about the Red Sox coming back stated Garcia, Garland, and possibly Contreras that it did not look too good for the Red Sox. Nice not to see ALL of the coverage about Graff's error and new talk about a moronic curse. Didn't last year "exorcise" the curse? Can't the media get by that crap and just say they got beat no supernatural forces involved? Ok, no more coffee

wdelaney72
10-06-2005, 11:32 AM
As I was feeding scion #2 early this morning, I popped on Cold Pizza which is a pretty horrible show, I'll grant you. Dana Jacobsen(sp) has really improved the show however. Anyway, First Buster(what grown man is named Buster) Olney said he had never seen a crowd get so excited for a baserunner and really complimented the crowd on its intensity. Then Lee Mazelli, who looked like an extra from The Sopranos, when asked about the Red Sox coming back stated Garcia, Garland, and possibly Contreras that it did not look too good for the Red Sox. Nice not to see ALL of the coverage about Graff's error and new talk about a moronic curse. Didn't last year "exorcise" the curse? Can't the media get by that crap and just say they got beat no supernatural forces involved? Ok, no more coffee

Buster Olney is not nearly as bad as the other "experts" on baseball. He's been quite complimentary of the White Sox pitching staff for most of the season. During their slump in the 2nd half, he kept saying the Sox would win the division becuase their pitching staff was just too good not to.

kevingrt
10-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Don't we love the love from everyone. It is so nice to see the national media saying we are actually a quality team. Now lets win this series then they will really start to jump on the bandwagon!

Maximo
10-06-2005, 12:20 PM
A couple of things. First, I noticed both last night on ESPN News and this morning on "Cold Pizza" that the 'anchors' are trying very hard to play up that "the Red Sox have come back before..can they do it again?" tripe. Yet, in both cases, Brantley last night and Mazzilli this morning, the Baseball 'expert' is having very little of it. Last night when Brantley was pressed over and over again for a prediction on the out come of this series, he finally relented and said "White Sox....their pitching is just too good"

Secondly, there is an electricity this morning on the airways on Chicago sports radio. Silvy and Carmen on AM 1000 and Mulligan and David Haugh on the SCORE. I haven't heard this much positive stuff and giddyness in years on Chicago radio.

I wonder if it will continue when "you know who" gets on the SCORE from noon to two o'clock.

halfpricemonday
10-06-2005, 12:20 PM
So Cold Pizza is talking to actual baseball writers now instead of tarot card readers. Good for them.

WSoxFanForever
10-06-2005, 12:43 PM
For the first time I actually heard someone on ESPN (I am SO sorry that I forget who) that "The WHite Sox will be hard to beat with thier superior pitching!" Jenks is getting some props too, as he should! Our team is finally not being treated with less respect than the Padres. HOWEVER, I did notice that they talked more about the error and less about how the Sox capitalized on the error, which ALL good teams do. A-Rod also made a serious error in the Yank/Halo game, and they didn't say that the Angels only won because of the error. We need more love! Our guys deserve it!

scottjanssens
10-06-2005, 01:11 PM
They only talk about Graff's error so much because it reminds them of Buckner. These are simpletons. You expect too much of them.