PDA

View Full Version : Game Times for games 4 and 5 (IF NECESSARY!!!!)

UofCSoxFan
10-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Game Times for games 4 and 5 (IF NECESSARY!!!!)

12 pm central on Saturday

3 pm central on Sunday

Well once again Bud Selig screws me. I had to schedule an interviw on Saturday anywhere between 1245 and 4. I figured since there are a possible 4 games on Saturday, at the very least the Sox would be the second game to start. I mean its a given the Pads game is last b/c of the time zone....but c'mon.....either they put the Sox or the Yankees in prime time right? NOOOO...apparently Atl (who didn't sell out yesterday I believe) and Hous are what everyone wants to see.

So that leaves me with a 1:45 interview. I have yet to see a complete game, and will miss the first 4 innings or so of Fridays game. HERE'S HOPING THESE GAMES WON"T EVEN BE NEEDED.

wildcat
10-06-2005, 10:27 AM
3pm Sunday is just not possible. The Chicago Marathon is Sunday. If I"m not mistaken, the route goes on the bridge at 35th. The marathon starts at 8am, and 35th St is around mile 21, so people could still theoretically be running there around 1pm! This could be messy...

boiler up
10-06-2005, 10:28 AM
3pm Sunday is just not possible. The Chicago Marathon is Sunday. If I"m not mistaken, the route goes on the bridge at 35th. The marathon starts at 8am, and 35th St is around mile 21, so people could still theoretically be running there around 1pm! This could be messy...

yep

cheeses_h_rice
10-06-2005, 10:30 AM

Some people take 7 hours to finish the race. In past years, the race started at 7:30am, so that would mean runners by the Cell as late as 2pm.

UofCSoxFan
10-06-2005, 10:34 AM
....it according to mlb.com

either the marathon will have to change its route or I'm taking public transportation.

BRDSR
10-06-2005, 10:37 AM
....it according to mlb.com

either the marathon will have to change its route or I'm taking public transportation.

I have a friend running the marathon, and he told me that if the Sox play Sunday, they're prepared to reroute about a 3 mile stretch of the marathon.

wildcat
10-06-2005, 10:43 AM
I have a friend running the marathon, and he told me that if the Sox play Sunday, they're prepared to reroute about a 3 mile stretch of the marathon.

TV really does rule all then. I can't believe they would reroute a 40,000-person marathon whose course was probably mapped out a year in advance instead of playing an evening game.

Palehose13
10-06-2005, 10:47 AM
The games won't be necessary. Freddy, on the road, day game...it's a lock.

cheeses_h_rice
10-06-2005, 10:49 AM
The games won't be necessary. Freddy, on the road, day game...it's a lock.

There are no 'locks' in baseball, Palehose. You ought to know that.

I feel good about our chances tomorrow, but nothing's a given.

Palehose13
10-06-2005, 10:52 AM
There are no 'locks' in baseball, Palehose. You ought to know that.

I feel good about our chances tomorrow, but nothing's a given.

C'mon cheeses...I'm having a little fun. I think after all the crap the DC's put us PA's through, I could have a little fun. puh-leeeeeeaaaaase. :wink:

Fenway
10-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Game Times for games 4 and 5 (IF NECESSARY!!!!)

12 pm central on Saturday

1 PM Saturday in Boston would be a rainout if the current projection holds.

They are talking already of switching times for Friday as it is in doubt a 4 PM start could get a full game in. The weather people have said once it starts, it isn't stopping, Tammy has a lot of moisture

Frater Perdurabo
10-06-2005, 11:07 AM

They are talking already of switching times for Friday as it is in doubt a 4 PM start could get a full game in. The weather people have said once it starts, it isn't stopping, Tammy has a lot of moisture

Hey, if the Red Sox want to forfeit, that's fine with me! :redneck

harwar
10-06-2005, 11:10 AM

Not only that,but the front that blew through here(midwest) last night is stable and headed toward the east coast.That front and "tammy' should be getting to the east coast at around the same time.

Fenway
10-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Not only that,but the front that blew through here(midwest) last night is stable and headed toward the east coast.That front and "tammy' should be getting to the east coast at around the same time.

I have never had a bumpier flight than this morning, I thought the Airbus was going to come apart at the seems :?:

nlentz88
10-06-2005, 11:23 AM
TV really does rule all then. I can't believe they would reroute a 40,000-person marathon whose course was probably mapped out a year in advance instead of playing an evening game.

Apparently the guy in charge of the marathon's route is a Sox fan. He said that when he took the job he made certain that the route would run past Sox Park. How cool is that?

But I don't think anyone will have to worry about changing the route. The Sox will sweep on Friday!

downstairs
10-06-2005, 11:25 AM

Won't be messy. The area around the Cel will be awfully quiet all day Sunday.

:cool:

Palehose13
10-06-2005, 11:27 AM

Yep. What he said. :cool:

Fenway
10-06-2005, 11:31 AM

because of the rainout(s) they be playing at Fenway Sunday :cool:

Palehose13
10-06-2005, 11:32 AM

I fixed it for you.

Tekijawa
10-06-2005, 11:41 AM

Because of the Blowouts they should just cancel the rest of the series! So the Yankees or The Angels can better prepare for the Buzzsaw that is Chicago White Sox Baseball.

SoxFan78
10-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Can anybody tell me why the White Sox/Red Sox series is the only playoff series not being covered by Fox??

Sad
10-06-2005, 12:44 PM

was thinking the same...
IF it went 5 games it might not happen 'til Monday afternoon in Chicago...
a big IF, granted, but still...

hopefully I'll be getting a refund on the ole VISA instead...

HITMEN OF 77
10-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Fridays game on WGN? Or is that just the pre game? whitesox.com has it listed for ESPN2 and WGN.

anewman35
10-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Fridays game on WGN? Or is that just the pre game? whitesox.com has it listed for ESPN2 and WGN.

Like all the ESPN games, it'll be on WGN but will only be the ESPN feed.

Fenway
10-06-2005, 03:10 PM
The Saturday game looks VERY iffy now.

But the weather guys are more concerned with the 4 PM start Friday, they think the rain will be here by 6 PM. Ch 4 still thinks it will be later but the accuweather guys are saying 5-6 PM :?:

MLB has never had a post season game cut short by weather.
Friday - Foggy and misty spots early otherwise mostly cloudy with a risk of a few scattered afternoon showers before a band of drenching downpours arrives first in southwestern New England by mid-late afternoon advancing northeastward to be in Worcester by early evening and in the Boston area by mid-late evening. A southerly breeze at 10-20 mph. Very humid with highs in the upper 70s.

Friday Night - Showery rains. Some drenching downpours are likely to produce flooding in poor drainage locations. The heaviest rain will occur west of a Boston to Providence corridor. A southerly breeze at 5-15 mph. Lows 62-67 degrees.

Saturday - Heavy rain and perhaps some lightning and thunder during the morning tapering off to spotty showers and drizzle during the afternoon. Shifting wind from south-southwest to north-northwesterly at 10-25mph. Highs in the upper 60s.

Saturday Night - Periodic to occasional drizzle possible. A north to northeasterly breeze at 5-15mph with higher gusts on Cape Cod. Lows 46-52.

http://weather.cbs4boston.com/US/MA/Boston.html
http://static.wbz.viacomlocalnetworks.com/~wbz/doppler/WBZ_7DAY.jpg

CHISOXFAN13
10-06-2005, 03:22 PM
I know some people are ticked off about the times but let's be real here.

There is no guarantee the Sox will even have to play a game four so why wouldn't MLB slot the game in the earliest time?

It makes perfect sense.

CHISOXFAN13
10-06-2005, 03:23 PM

B

Then I guess the White Sox will go ahead and kick Boston's ass tomorrow then, thus eliminating that "iffy game."

Works for me.

SOX ADDICT '73
10-06-2005, 03:36 PM
But the weather guys are more concerned with the 4 PM start Friday, they think the rain will be here by 6 PM. Ch 4 still thinks it will be later but the accuweather guys are saying 5-6 PM :?:
Garcia had better take a page from Buehrle then, and pitch a quick game. Our offense is going to pound Wake(mewhenit'sover)field early and often, but if we're not through 5 innings by the time the rain begins, I don't want the umps rescuing the Red Sox like they did on August 14th! If we'd lost the Labor Day makeup game, I would have been :angry: :angry: :angry: .

anewman35
10-06-2005, 03:40 PM

MLB has never had a post season game cut short by weather.

Can you imagine how upset Boston will be if we win the series in a rain-shortened game? Hell, even I would be a little annoyed, because while I want to win it any way, it would suck to miss out on a on-field celebration.

Law11
10-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Is the weather ever nice in that town.. It seems like its always raining.
Freddy isnt a fast game pitcher. He needs to get through the first few innings unscaved. If that wind is swirling, Wake's Knuckleball wont have the effect he needs to keep it under control. Advantage us...

Didnt he pitch against us this season and dominate for a while. Like 1 or 2 scattered hits? Maybe I'm wrong.