PDA

View Full Version : Garland!!!???

nodiggity59
10-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Rotoworld says Garland threw a bullpen session before game 2 and that he's the game 3 starter now! Please tell me they're wrong!

GoGoSox05
10-06-2005, 08:37 AM
No, Garcia was announced as Friday's starter last night.

fquaye149
10-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Rotoworld says Garland threw a bullpen session before game 2 and that he's the game 3 starter now! Please tell me they're wrong!

I think Garland would have been just as good a choice to start Friday.

With a lineup like Boston's

a.) a bad first inning pitcher like Freddy has a lot on his plate in the first inning
b.) a ground ball pitcher like Jonny is good for a small park like Boston's

On the other hand Freddy is great on the road and he is definitely a big game pitcher.

Either choice would be just fine by me.

Huisj
10-06-2005, 09:26 AM
It seems that over his career, Garland has actually pitched some incredible games against Boston prior to this year. He seemed to step up against him and aviod the big inning that seemed to haunt him against lots of other teams.

But then again, it's a day game on the road, and isn't that Garcia's "specialty"?

boiler up
10-06-2005, 09:29 AM
they had garland on espn the other night, also.

spiffie
10-06-2005, 09:35 AM
whitesox.com shows Garcia vs. Wakefield FWIW

kevingrt
10-06-2005, 11:00 AM

What is the big deal about pitching Garcia vs Wakefield and Garland vs. Schilling then vice versa. I don't really see a big deal about either happening.

Banix12
10-06-2005, 03:56 PM
I don't know about starting, everybody I have seen have still said Garcia is going to pitch on Friday. My guess is he was just getting some work in on the side which is pretty common a few days before a potential start.

I also think that if the Sox hit wakefield like they can tomorrow and it looks like the white sox are assured victory, Garland might get in the game just to get some playoff experience. I have to think if the white sox make the ALCS Guillen will likely keep the same rotation and in that case that will have been a LONG time between starts for Garland. Just an idea, but only if the Sox are in a position like they were in game 1.