PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox view revisited....

OzzieBall2004
10-06-2005, 02:38 AM
SOSH (http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=1036&st=380)

Game thread from "the most knowledgable fans in baseball"

The beginning is the best, but my link starts at Graffs error....

pudge
10-06-2005, 02:58 AM
Hey, how come they get to curse on their site? :D:

That was a pleasure to read.

SOX ADDICT '73
10-06-2005, 03:04 AM
Least suprising homer ever.
Sounds like Manny's blast after Crede's July 21 error has finally been knocked from the top spot! :D:

Banix12
10-06-2005, 03:25 AM

Actually reading that site makes me so glad WSI has language filters. Really annoying that every other word is a cuss. And that's in probably 75% of the posts

RadioheadRocks
10-06-2005, 03:30 AM
Just got through the entire thing... pure gold there:rolling:

chuckn98229
10-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Great read! Thanks for posting. Quite an articulate bunch they have there, eh?

Uncle_Patrick
10-06-2005, 09:08 AM
I just skimmed through a few pages. They sure do swear a lot.

Johnny Mostil
10-06-2005, 09:11 AM
I just skimmed through a few pages. They sure do swear a lot.

Who first said swearing is the sound of a small mind trying to express itself?

The_Floridian
10-06-2005, 09:22 AM
I was quite impressed with the in depth analysis.

That was fun. Seems to me Boston fans were a lot more interesting before their team took the Series.

fquaye149
10-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Who first said swearing is the sound of a small mind trying to express itself?

some *******

elrod
10-06-2005, 09:53 AM

It's funny, I never liked the whole language filter thing. But when you see how quickly the board degenerates when swearing is aloud, it all makes sense. Seeing the five lines of the f-word after Iguchi's HR was priceless, though.

SoxFan76
10-06-2005, 10:01 AM
some *******

**** you *****. I hear that ************ was a smart man.

*****!

And I've officially killed it.........:gulp:

Banix12
10-06-2005, 05:16 PM
They have a new game thread up already and this one caught my eye.

"NO (expletive) WAY CHICAGO WINS 8 (expletive) GAMES IN A ROW"

It seems to me the white sox have done that a few times this year. (Earlier in the thread they list all the times Boston has won 3 games in a row.)

maurice
10-06-2005, 05:24 PM
For all their vaunted statistical analysis, they should know that a team on a winning streak is likely to continue the streak.

Cutter
10-06-2005, 05:33 PM
I thought this was a fairly honest and respectful view from the Blog of a Red Sox fan:

"I have a hard time believing the defending World Champs are up to the task again, for one reason more than any other: Pitching, duh. They simply don't match up well with the well-armed White Sox, and shame on us for ever suggesting this series would be a breeze.

Never have I missed Pedro and D-Lowe more than I did suffering through the Matt Clement-Scarlatti first inning on Monday, and while I appreciate Tim Wakefield as much as the next Sox fan, I'm not thrilled about the notion of relying on a knuckleballer when the season hangs in the balance. Hell, the White Sox left a kid off their playoff roster, future ace Brandon McCarthy, who's as good or better as anything Boston can wheel out to the mound right now.

The sad reality is, the better team is winning this series, and the better team will win the series. Unlike '03 and '04, when I believe Our Guys were the best team in baseball both seasons, they are no longer good enough, and certainly not capable of winning three straight against a superior foe. There's nothing wrong with that; if there's anything we've learned the last two years, it's that the superior team deserves to win."

maurice
10-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Hell, the White Sox left a kid off their playoff roster, future ace Brandon McCarthy, who's as good or better as anything Boston can wheel out to the mound right now.

Indeed, the Red Cubs have no pitching. The Sox #5 starter (McCarthy) is a better pitcher right now than anybody on the Red Cubs staff. It's not even a matter of opinion. The difference in the stats is so stark that reasonable minds could not possibly disagree. Props to the fan for his shocking honesty.

CaptainBallz
10-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Yowzers, the heresy from these guys.

"the white sox are a better team. period."

Hey, they're right. Let's hope the team realizes what their fans already know, if they haven't already.

Vernam
10-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Hell, the White Sox left a kid off their playoff roster, future ace Brandon McCarthy, who's as good or better as anything Boston can wheel out to the mound right now.That has been my mantra since the roster was announced on Monday. If anyone doubts the Sox have the best rotation, ask whether any other team in MLB could have afforded to leave McCarthy off its playoff roster.

Thanks for the link to Red Cub fans' real-time wailing and gnashing of teeth. Yes, quite a literate bunch of mother****ers. Tomorrow, let's cast them into a furnace of fire. :angry:

Vernam

mjharrison72
10-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Indeed, the Red Cubs have no pitching. The Sox #5 starter (McCarthy) is a better pitcher right now than anybody on the Red Cubs staff. It's not even a matter of opinion. The difference in the stats is so stark that reasonable minds could not possibly disagree. Props to the fan for his shocking honesty.
In fact, El Duque, our #6 starter, is better than anything the Red Cubs have, unless they have a time machine for Schilling.

1951Campbell
10-07-2005, 09:11 AM
SOSH (http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=1036&st=380)

Game thread from "the most knowledgable fans in baseball"

They're pretty knowledgeable. They know all seven dirty words. I even bet some of them may have ventured outside Route 128 at some point in their lives. :D:

RadioheadRocks
10-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Here's the one for today's game (started actually a couple nights ago)... 66 pages worth... enjoy it in good health, WSI'ers!!! (The 6th inning alone is priceless... start approx. page 45... and the language hasn't gotten any better either!!!)

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=1073&st=0

ilsox7
10-07-2005, 11:19 PM
Here's the one for today's game (started actually a couple nights ago)... 66 pages worth... enjoy it in good health, WSI'ers!!! (The 6th inning alone is priceless... start approx. page 45... and the language hasn't gotten any better either!!!)

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=1073&st=0

I read both the game threads over there. Reminded me a lot of our game threads, to be honest.

RadioheadRocks
10-07-2005, 11:23 PM
I read both the game threads over there. Reminded me a lot of our game threads, to be honest.

I'm not sure about that... they're a lot more free with the profanity... heck they even conjugate some of them! ("****???")

ilsox7
10-07-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm not sure about that... they're a lot more free with the profanity... heck they even conjugate some of them! ("****???")

Not in terms of profanity, but in terms of "the world is ending" or "our manager is an idiot" type of stuff. Emotional game baseball is. I guess I just take it out yelling at the TV rather than typing up my angst on the internet.

itsnotrequired
10-08-2005, 12:48 AM
I liked the redsoxnation thread. Reminded me of WSI.

http://www.redsoxnation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18495

They were hating on Berman just as much as we were. When Boston failed against El Duque in the 6th, there was no whining about a curse, gettige squeezed, etc. They simply said that the Boston offense wasn't getting the job done.

SOSH is full of a bunch of nut jobs...

CLR01
10-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Don't worry Boston fans you always have the Patriots........wait a minute, maybe not.

MUsoxfan
10-08-2005, 01:27 AM
This is my favorite post....

Crap. Ozzie the evil genius secretly-intentionally walks the bases loaded for Varitek.

:tongue:

DaleJRFan
10-08-2005, 01:33 AM
Daver and Voodoo would have been busy in that thread... Thank God for a clean forum. All the people complain about being banned for swearing, etc. should read that thread to see what it COULD be like.