PDA

View Full Version : The Cell Looks Great On TV!

Red Barchetta
10-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Watching the game on HD, I'm still amazed at how fantastic the Cell's rennovations look on (national) TV! The cell packed with SOX fans charging up the atmosphere. It's a thing of beauty! Thinking back to the 1993 series against Toronto and how sterile and open the park felt. Not this year. You can really HEAR the difference! The ESPN camera angles really help as well.

A tip of the hat to US Cellular! Another reason to be proud of our SOX!:bandance:

soxrme
10-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Your right, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. The park looks great and the crowds have been fantastic. GO SOX:bandance:

zach074
10-05-2005, 09:03 PM
The cell always has looked great, now the whole country has a chance to see how great of a stadium it is.

soxfan26
10-05-2005, 09:08 PM
I had an exam tonight and I started listening to the game on the way home on ESPN 1000. Farmer & Rooney are a special treat for me, I don't get to hear them very often. I started listening in the 7th when Whales was lifted by Francona; I can't even tell you how awesome it sounded to hear all the Sox fans on their feet singing "Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey..."

In short: the cell sounds great too!!

:)

Norberto7
10-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Yeah, it's awesome to see the place packed for a playoff game, unlike, oh, I don't know, Atlanta?

But yeah, comparing it to how the place looked back then, I shudder when I see those replays with the bright blue walls. How garish. Did we think they looked good back then? I can't remember.

HotelWhiteSox
10-05-2005, 09:19 PM
There's a great wallpaper in the photo gallery of an aerial view of a packed Comiskey with the skyline in the background. I'd love to have this pic with the newly renovated Cell

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/4images/details.php?image_id=767

Tragg
10-05-2005, 09:22 PM
It sure does. It looks and sounds great; a lot better than Atlanta or moribund big A.

Red Barchetta
10-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Yeah, it's awesome to see the place packed for a playoff game, unlike, oh, I don't know, Atlanta?

But yeah, comparing it to how the place looked back then, I shudder when I see those replays with the bright blue walls. How garish. Did we think they looked good back then? I can't remember.

I never liked the "bedpan" blue. Comskey II's original debut look was way too sterile and reminded me of a Yankee Stadium wanna be.

My playoff tickets were in the left field seats where I enjoyed a nice view of the ugly center field storage shed and the:bandance: infield maintenance equipment sitting in the home-run mote between the outfield fence and the actual seats.

The empty blue seats in the far upper deck corners also hurt our reputation within the city as the Tribune so eagerly pointed out after the SOX lost to Toronto.

Not this time! A PACKED loud and electric Cell is a thing of beauty!

Pasqua's UPS Man
10-05-2005, 09:23 PM
The cell always has looked great, now the whole country has a chance to see how great of a stadium it is.

Um - "Comiskey" didn't look so great during the Bevington era ( for whole lot of reasons), but it sure looks great now!

Especially in HD!
:cool:

akingamongstmen
10-05-2005, 09:27 PM
ESPN HD is paying dividens BIG TIME right now. Worth every penny if you ask me.

batmanZoSo
10-05-2005, 09:33 PM
I think it's a fantastic park. It always has been extremely comfortable and convenient all around, but now it looks great too. The arched, black roof with the Sox on the corner is just bad ass. Wait til the green seats are in next year.

soxfan26
10-05-2005, 09:43 PM
It sure does. It looks and sounds great; a lot better than Atlanta or moribund big A.

In the bottom of the second tonight the occasional outburst from the crowd sounds like airplane traffic at an airport.

ShoelessJoeS
10-05-2005, 09:45 PM
In addition to looking great, I don't think I've ever heard a louder Cell than the past two games :D:

TheOldRoman
10-05-2005, 09:49 PM
The parl looked absolutely amazing, but I will say what I said in the post game thread last night.
Was it REALLY necessary for ESPN to put three cameras behind homeplate? Two of them obstructed seats, so they couldn't sell 3 or 4 of those seats. It looked bad to have 4 empty seats right behind the backstop for the entire game both nights. Did they even show one single view from behind homeplate tonight?

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-05-2005, 10:00 PM
I love our park and have always had a good time down there. The park looks awesome packed with SOX family and I wish I was there.

I also have to say that I have actually been surprised at the coverage with the ESPN announcers. Giving props to our SOX. I do believe that they have been fair to our team.

However, they did kind of bash the park yesterday. I just don't understand. Why is it so necessary to hammer our ballfield.
It was kind of:
This was the first of the new-era parks, bland, no personality. Lacking this, lacking that.
They just don't let up.

The crowd has been awesome. Let's win this right away and pack it again for the Yankees/Angels. I cannot wait.
High fives all around. Beer time::gulp: :gulp:

itsnotrequired
10-05-2005, 10:05 PM

I'm moving up to HDTV next year. I've seen it at bars and it just looks amazing. Sports, movies, everything looks good. Baseball looks especially good. Sox baseball looks the best.:cool:

MushMouth
10-05-2005, 10:07 PM

Preach it! Even more so now that I consider the Friday game is not in HD. ESPN2... it'll be a huge step down.

whtsx1959
10-05-2005, 10:24 PM
^ I just checked and Friday's game is in HD on ESPN HD.

Cellview22
10-05-2005, 10:26 PM
I don't have HD yet, is it a huge difference? I don't think I've ever seen anything on high definition, so I don't know how different the picture is.
I may get it next year..

batmanZoSo
10-05-2005, 10:28 PM
I don't have HD yet, is it a huge difference? I don't think I've ever seen anything on high definition, so I don't know how different the picture is.
I may get it next year..

The picture is so good, it's amazing. I don't have one yet, but I watched the Illini's run last March on a friends and let me tell you it rocked.

santo=dorf
10-05-2005, 10:45 PM
You're all wrong!

Chris Berman said during Tuesday's broadcast "Let's face, this ballpark is never going to be near the top, but they have made improvements."

:angry: