PDA

View Full Version : NLDS - Astros/Braves - 10/5/05

itsnotrequired
10-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Figured I'd start a thread on this one.

Astros up 1-0, bottom of the 1st.

Iwritecode
10-05-2005, 03:29 PM
And the Braves get it right back in the bottom of the first with a Chipper Jones hr.

bafiarocks03
10-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Go Braves!!!!!!!!!!

SouthSide_HitMen
10-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Go Astros!!! 3-1 - Tomahawk chop this!!!

TheArmyOfNeems
10-05-2005, 03:54 PM
gostros

SOXPHILE
10-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Of the 4 divisional series going on, this one holds the least interest for me. However, I'd like to see the Astros win.

gf2020
10-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Of the 4 divisional series going on, this one holds the least interest for me. However, I'd like to see the Astros win.

The Astros are my second NL affiliate (after the Brewers) and normally I would be rooting for them. However, the White Sox aren't normally in the playoffs. The Braves are a better matchup for us than the Astros.

SOXPHILE
10-05-2005, 04:17 PM
The Astros are my second NL affiliate (after the Brewers) and normally I would be rooting for them. However, the White Sox aren't normally in the playoffs. The Braves are a better matchup for us than the Astros.

Maybe. Cardinals are my favorite N.L. team, 2nd overall after the Sox. Favoritism aside, I still think they'll be the ones going to the Series. This year in the N.L., it was Cardinals, then the rest of the league several steps below them. The N.L. was pretty much a one team league. Right now, the Padres are just cannon fodder for them, and whoever wins the Astros-Braves series, will only present a little more of a challenge. But hey, you never know ! :cool:

itsnotrequired
10-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Andruw Jones adds a home to compliment Chipper's. 4-3, Astros.

PAPChiSox729
10-05-2005, 07:16 PM
10-5 Astros

Final.

soxfan26
10-05-2005, 09:20 PM
10-5 Astros

Final.

Wow. I just watched the recap on ESPN, the Stros really seemed to have Hudson's number, well Ensberg did anyway.

I'm also glad to see Bagwell getting ABs in the post season, even if he only pinch hits.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Maybe. Cardinals are my favorite N.L. team, 2nd overall after the Sox. Favoritism aside, I still think they'll be the ones going to the Series. This year in the N.L., it was Cardinals, then the rest of the league several steps below them. The N.L. was pretty much a one team league. Right now, the Padres are just cannon fodder for them, and whoever wins the Astros-Braves series, will only present a little more of a challenge. But hey, you never know ! :cool:

Houston has the pitching to beat anybody.

WSoxFanForever
10-06-2005, 07:07 AM
And as all Real Sox fans knows, pitching counts the most :) I like Houston, but my fav NL teams are Brewers (they are very close to the White Sox in my book for favortism) and in the WS, if the real Sox don't make it, I'd have to cheer for any team not on the East or West coast. I'm so tired of the East coast teams, in particular. The Braves seem to always blow post season, although they are a good team.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-06-2005, 09:12 AM
And as all Real Sox fans knows, pitching counts the most :) I like Houston, but my fav NL teams are Brewers (they are very close to the White Sox in my book for favortism) and in the WS, if the real Sox don't make it, I'd have to cheer for any team not on the East or West coast. I'm so tired of the East coast teams, in particular. The Braves seem to always blow post season, although they are a good team.

I like Milwaukee a lot more now that the used car salesman sold the team. Giving away free tickets for the last game of the season was a classy move and I am sure they made more money than if they didn't do it based on parking and concessions so it was a win win for the team. They have many great young players coming up and the cubs will be looking up at the Brewers for many years to come. I wouldn't mind stealing Uecker for next season but he will never leave Milwaukee (like Pat Hughes who is the only decent announcer on the cubs). Of course BP rips Pat Hughes but they are pathetic.