PDA

View Full Version : No Brewers in 2006?

Sox of White
10-05-2005, 01:13 PM
According to the home tentative schedules released by both the White Sox and the Brewers, these two teams will not play each other during the 2006 season. The Brewers will play Cleveland and Detroit at home, and we play Houston and Saint Louis. I was really looking forward to playing the Brewers away, for a nice little road trip.

Disappointing.

XplodingScorbord
10-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Anyone hear whether they might do a couple of exhibition games up there like they did this year?

That was a pleasant little trip for me, despite the Sox poor performance in the games. Guess they saved their best for the real season!

sas1974
10-05-2005, 02:25 PM
That's rather disappointing. I think if they are going keep this interleague nonsense going that they should at least try to take advantage of the natural rivalries where they exist. I recall some very heated series between the Sox and Brewers when they were in the AL.

Sox of White
10-05-2005, 02:40 PM
That's rather disappointing. I think if they are going keep this interleague nonsense going that they should at least try to take advantage of the natural rivalries where they exist. I recall some very heated series between the Sox and Brewers when they were in the AL.

Exactly, which is why I was sure they would play next year.

anewman35
10-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Anyone hear whether they might do a couple of exhibition games up there like they did this year?

That was a pleasant little trip for me, despite the Sox poor performance in the games. Guess they saved their best for the real season!

They didn't announce it until just before the season last year, so maybe we have to wait again. Both teams open at home, though, so it would make sense.

Chicken Dinner
10-05-2005, 03:03 PM
If you want to see the Brewers and White Sox play you'll have to come to AZ in March. :smile:

antitwins13
10-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Very disappointing

chaerulez
10-05-2005, 09:29 PM

Yeah I agree, just like MLB didn't change the Montreal vs. Toronto rivalry to Washington vs. Baltimore. Selig is an idiot, there is a lot of hate from the National fans to the Orioles for Angelos trying to block the move, so missing a rivarly matchup like that this year was stupid.

soxjim
10-05-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm disappointed. I miss the road trips to Milwaukee. At the old park had a blast in the bleachers and the seats were cheap. Sure I go there once a year but its not the same when you really don't care who wins.