PDA

View Full Version : Sun Times Article-Gave me the Chills (The Good Kind)

SOecks
10-05-2005, 09:12 AM
I just caught this article on the Tribune's website. Here's the link and an exerpt. This is a must read, one of the best Sox articles I've ever seen.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-nws-soxfans05.html

'What it's all about'

By game time, the scent of grilled onions dominated the field-level concourse.

The sold-out stands were filled with regular folks and their kids, 40,717 of them by the White Sox count.

High above left field in the Fundamentals practice area, Rich Sherman and his boy Adam, 13, wore wide grins and White Sox gear.

"This is what I've been looking forward to, this day, for a long time. To have my boy at a playoff game and have him be of the age where he's following it closely, it's a great bonding experience for a father and son," said Sherman, who grew up going to White Sox games with his grandfather.

"I remember the smell of the stockyards. That was a great time. But this, this is what it's all about."

MsSoxVixen22
10-05-2005, 09:53 AM
I know! I bought the Sun-Times this morning just for the Sox articles (my Dad and I are saving the Sox articles and are eventually gonna put them in a scrapbook) :redface: Most of the articles overall were pretty good!

likeawarlord
10-05-2005, 05:13 PM
I know! I bought the Sun-Times this morning just for the Sox articles (my Dad and I are saving the Sox articles and are eventually gonna put them in a scrapbook) :redface: Most of the articles overall were pretty good!

i've got the trib and sun times sports sections after every sox clincher and playoff game since i've been alive (93, 00 and 05...the collection's not exactly huge)