PDA

View Full Version : Waiting all year for Scottys first....

Murphy10
10-05-2005, 07:28 AM
and where was I? the bathroom.:angry: :angry: I was just hoping to be at the game were he hit the HR. Anybody else miss it either at the game or on TV?

chopperjc
10-05-2005, 07:29 AM
and where was I? the bathroom.:angry: :angry: I was just hoping to be at the game were he hit the HR. Anybody else miss it either at the game or on TV?

One word: Tivo :supernana: .

kevingrt
10-05-2005, 08:00 AM
I didn't miss it at all. Just a little four iron hook into the bullpen bar and picnic bench area. What a shot by Pods and what a day for the SOX!

jenn2080
10-05-2005, 08:04 AM
Oh I was there it was unbelievable. The crowd was going insane. I almost ripped my brothers arm off. People high fiving...hugging screaming....unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO GO WHITE SOX!

chisoxfanatic
10-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Oh I was there it was unbelievable. The crowd was going insane. I almost ripped my brothers arm off. People high fiving...hugging screaming....unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO GO WHITE SOX!

No kidding!!! And then the curtain call to top it off...I was going insane at that time!!!

SoxFan78
10-05-2005, 09:32 AM
Right before that I told my girlfriend this would be a good spot for Scotty's first. Then BAM!!!

GregoryEtc
10-05-2005, 09:35 AM
I had the thought a couple weeks ago that it would be sweet if Scottie saved his first for the playoffs a'la Lance Johnson in '93.

daveeym
10-05-2005, 09:36 AM
No kidding!!! And then the curtain call to top it off...I was going insane at that time!!! That curtain call was awesome, MB and someone else practically threw him up the steps. I was screaming in the bar "1st home run all season" and everyone around me kept asking me if that was right.

bafiarocks03
10-05-2005, 03:42 PM
I was sitting at home watching the game right..and the Scotty hit it, (at the time I didn't knwo it was scotty) so i was jumping and screaming then they showed scotty!! me and my sister went nuts!!! we were like screaming for like 5 min. We both had tears in our eyes!! We were soo happy for him!!!!!!!!!!!:bandance:

HotelWhiteSox
10-05-2005, 03:47 PM
I saw that it was gonna go, and did a double take to make sure I hadn't lost track and that it was Pods hitting, great moment.

I think it shows what a great team player he is, he has hit HRs before, he has the ability, but gave up swinging for the fences to help the average and on base % (similar to his rookie year). It was already a blow out and we didn't need him to play the lead off role at the time of the game, so I'm glad he swung for the fences

Madvora
10-05-2005, 03:51 PM
I was in the left centerfield seats and the place was turned upside down after that one.

Once he hit that one out it was like the cherry on top. It was kicking the Red Sox while they were down and just accentuated the complete dominance by the White Sox that day.

hawkjt
10-05-2005, 04:20 PM
He hit a screamer against the twins that would have gone if the wind was not blowing in that nite at a gale force.

I do not want him to fall into the swing he had last year with the brewers. It hurt his average and on-base. I think he hit 13 homers but we do not need that from him.Keep getting on base,scottie.

Deuce
10-05-2005, 04:36 PM
I was busy screwing up the play by play on the chat room. Thought it was AJ at first. Then, after the homer, I definately thought it was AJ. :wink: