PDA

View Full Version : Section 161, Who else but...

BRDSR
10-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Minnie Minoso!

I kid you not. About the second inning, this guy walks by me in the aisle of section 161 and I catch a quick glimpse and think, "thats cool, that guy looks a lot like Minnie and he's wearing his jersey." Then I look closer...and a little closer, and all of a sudden I can't keep it from coming out of my mouth, but I point and say "Oh my God! That's Minnie Minoso!" Some people turn and look and some other people start saying it, and after a few seconds, he's getting a standing ovation from sections 161 and 160.

He sat just 3 row in front of me and probably signed autographs 90% of the time. I didn't ask for one because I'm not a big autograph hound, but my dream was just to high-five Minnie Minoso after a home, White Sox playoff win. It didn't happen because he left the section about the 5th inning. Besides the White Sox actually winning, it was definitely the highlight of my day. Did anyone else see him or hear people chanting his name? It was really kind of special and I've scanned the boards and didn't see anything on it.

TheOldRoman
10-05-2005, 12:33 AM
They showed him on ESPN. I was suprised that stooge Berman knew who he is.

Unregistered
10-05-2005, 12:35 AM
Minnie Minoso!

Did anyone else see him or hear people chanting his name? It was really kind of special and I've scanned the boards and didn't see anything on it. Before they went to commercial at the end of a half-inning, ESPN showed Minnie signing autographs and Berman spit up "Is that Mee My Minnie Minoso?!?" or something moronic like that...
:rolleyes:

spiffie
10-05-2005, 09:40 AM
I was in 162 and saw Minnie and the ovation he got.

Much more quietly, Roland Hemond was sitting a few rows in front of us for part of the game.