PDA

View Full Version : An interesting take on todays game...

OzzieBall2004
10-04-2005, 10:26 PM
We have game threads, they have game threads....

Friends, I give you the "Sons of Sam Horn" Gamethread for today....unreal stuff....

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=995

I've never had anything against BoSox fans, but they whine worse than Cubs fans. Also they had threads thanking us for beating Cleveland to let them in, but noting that now we have to "take our beating".

They even point out the park being loud and say, "I thought no one liked the ChiSox"

really incredible stuff if you have the time....Im not a troll over there or anything and dont suggest anyone start being one, I just always like to check out what the opposition is saying...at one point they even mention that AJ rolled the ball to Jose who took it and ran off the mound....uh guys? We were up about 8 runs at that point...If Jose had a magic ball, I think he would have ditched it after the 3rd.....or earlier.

DirtyWaterMojo
10-04-2005, 10:38 PM
really incredible stuff if you have the time....Im not a troll over there or anything and dont suggest anyone start being one, I just always like to check out what the opposition is saying...at one point they even mention that AJ rolled the ball to Jose who took it and ran off the mound....uh guys? We were up about 8 runs at that point...If Jose had a magic ball, I think he would have ditched it after the 3rd.....or earlier.

SoSH is a closed message board so you could not troll there even if you wanted to. They have a waiting list like 10,000 requests long.

They have been accused of being quasi-elitist because their membership is closed. They sometimes get Schilling, members of the Red Sox Front Office, and members of the media to post there which is all cool for them. They have a few super-quality posters that really know their stuff and get into the sabremetrics, but they have their fair share of losers too, but hey, every site has some of them.

pczarapa
10-04-2005, 10:42 PM
That's awesome, because it mirrors what was posted here when the White Sox were imploding. I love crawling through it page by page listening to their grief!

Whitesox029
10-04-2005, 10:53 PM

Friends, I give you the "Sons of Sam Horn" Gamethread for today....unreal stuff....

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=995

I've never had anything against BoSox fans, but they whine worse than Cubs fans. Also they had threads thanking us for beating Cleveland to let them in, but noting that now we have to "take our beating".

They even point out the park being loud and say, "I thought no one liked the ChiSox"

You can't just troll at SoSH...I'm pretty sure you have to write an essay on why you love the Red Sox to be accepted as a member.
<insert overused vomit photo here>

Tragg
10-04-2005, 10:53 PM
That's pretty funny.

The best one was somebody (maybe on the yankee site) blamed MLB for having the audacity to starting this series on Tuesday when they knew that the redcubs' pitching wasn't set up.

I liked the references to calvin schiraldi. I've never seen a more frightened pitcher in my life on the mound than schiraldi in the world series against the mets.

Jjav829
10-04-2005, 11:08 PM
The White Sox have a pitcher Contreras
Who once made the Yanks quite embarrassed
The Red Sox just oughta
Beat him like a pinata
I'm sorry, he just doesn't scare us.

How cute. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Contreras scares them now...

jabrch
10-04-2005, 11:20 PM
How cute. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Contreras scares them now...

To reciprocate, I have a little poem for the Sons of Sam Horn

The Sox have a pitcher named Jose.

He has some awesome pitches.

After his outing today.

He made the BlowSox into his BI&&HES

He had great controll of his fork.

He got them out with the splitter.

BlowSox fans are dorks.

And their team is going into the shi&&er

I could do this all night.

But I need to go get some more booze.

Today, the world seems right.

14-2, I watched the BlowSox lose

SpartanSoxFan
10-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question...but who in Sam Hill is Sam Horn??? :redneck

Optipessimism
10-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Ahh, poetry! Here's one:

There once was a team from Boston
And they sucked.
The End.

SoxFan76
10-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Ahh, poetry! Here's one:

There once was a team from Boston
And they sucked.
The End.

I once knew a man from Nantucket

TDog
10-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question...but who in Sam Hill is Sam Horn??? :redneck

A former first-round draft pick of the Red Sox. Despite the hype he had an undistinguished MLB career.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/h/hornsa01.shtml

oeo
10-04-2005, 11:39 PM
I love how ESPN has lead everyone to believe that the Sox play "small ball".

ode to veeck
10-04-2005, 11:42 PM
dark clouds are no fun regardless of who they're whining about, but there's a couple of hilarious funnies in between the crying squalls:

At least we didn't have to have a 1-game playoff with Clement on the mound.

and

Never underestimate the stupidity of Ozzie Guillen. Keep bunting and running into outs with a guy on the mound who has shown no ability to get any. That's a sound strategy.

ode to veeck
10-04-2005, 11:50 PM
another classic:

Clement's doing the impossible...making Dusty Baker look like the most intelligent manager in history.

LOL!

BeefyD
10-04-2005, 11:56 PM
To reciprocate, I have a little poem for the Sons of Sam Horn

The Sox have a pitcher named Jose.
He has some awesome pitches.
After his outing today.
He made the BlowSox into his BI&&HES

He had great controll of his fork.
He got them out with the splitter.
BlowSox fans are dorks.
And their team is going into the shi&&er

I could do this all night.
But I need to go get some more booze.
Today, the world seems right.
14-2, I watched the BlowSox lose

ROFL!!!! Best thing I've read all day.. :rolling:

:cheers:

BRDSR
10-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Thats some funny stuff. However, it's more or less r-rated. I wouldn't call White Sox fans the bougeasie(I have no idea how to spell that word) of baseball fans, but the language on that board is awful. I'd like to see them make one post without dropping an f-bomb. Good lord.

milrtyme28
10-05-2005, 12:15 AM
I am not normally one to peruse other teams boards, but I was thinking about how it would feel to be a Red Sox fan and watching this meltdown today and I decided to check it out. I found one post on this thread that basically summed it all up for the carmines today.....

"I'm not especially enjoying this baseball game. "
I really think that if I was looking at this from a red sux perspective that is all I would have to say.

milrtyme28
10-05-2005, 12:20 AM
this one was also entertaining:

"6-2. Chip away boys. No way this hack holds us to just 2 runs today."

:) :) :)

milrtyme28
10-05-2005, 12:22 AM
I am sorry if this is repetitive but there are some damn funny quotes in this thread:

"They flash the word up on the screen: "MULEDICK." The crowd laughs uproariously.

"Ok, granny, we've got the word up and you have twenty questions!"

"Oh, well, I just don't know. Well, can you hold it in your hands?"

The crowd giggles uncontrollably. Yes, Granny, you can hold it in your hands.

"Can you... eat it?"

The crowd erupts in laughter. Granny looks confused, and tries to think of her next question.

"Is it.... MULEDICK???""

Banix12
10-05-2005, 12:23 AM
This was posted before the game on that board and it was supposed to be about Red Sox scoring but i find the phrase a bit prophetic...

"to borrow from some Chicago history, Score Early and Score Often!"