PDA

View Full Version : Fehr: Expect a Lockout

Viva Magglio
12-08-2001, 09:22 PM
I say we put both Bud Selig and Donald Fehr on a remote island be themselves and leave them there.

Fehr: Expect a Lockout (http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,4659121_52,00.html)

Daver
12-08-2001, 09:40 PM
The owners voted against a lockout at the first meeting they had in Chicago this year,the work stoppage will be triggered by the players this time around.

But then again what the hell do I know? ©

GASHWOUND
12-09-2001, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by daver
The owners voted against a lockout at the first meeting they had in Chicago this year,the work stoppage will be triggered by the players this time around.

Thats what I thought. The owners said that there would be no lockout from their side. So, the players will be the one to stick it to the fans.

duke of dorwood
12-09-2001, 10:56 AM
That's why the owners came out and said there'd be no lockout.

Tomake the players make the move.

:reinsy

I even gave them all a set of keys

Viva Magglio
12-09-2001, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by daver

Remember, this is the owners we're talking about. Would you put it past them to reverse this decision and lockout the players?

Daver
12-09-2001, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Remember, this is the owners we're talking about. Would you put it past them to reverse this decision and lockout the players?

It is in the owner's best interest to NOT have a lockout,they think(wrongly)that the blame of a work stoppage would shift to the players.

harwar
12-10-2001, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I say we put both Bud Selig and Donald Fehr on a remote island be themselves and leave them there.

I say we put them in a death cage match with Gov.Ventura.I'd pay big money to see that.