PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Camera Crew Really Getting It Today

Madvora
10-04-2005, 07:14 PM
For those of you not at the game, you should have seen the ESPN camera crew really getting heckled in the left/centerfield seats today.

People were all over these two guys walking around looking for fans to show. Of course I saw them go over to a Red Sox fan and interview her.

These two guys were taking on a history's worth of White Sox fan frustration and anger at ESPN's East Coast Bias directed straight at them.

It was great.

LongLiveFisk
10-04-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about that....one one hand, ESPN does have a reputation for short-changing us and being heavily East Coast biased and I'm sure that played a big role in the treatment they got today but on the other hand our fans sometimes also get a reputation as being rowdy punks (thanks to people like Ligue)and I don't think things like this help...

Hmm...let me think about that one a minute. :D:

HotelWhiteSox
10-04-2005, 07:21 PM
They kept on showing close ups of the Conterera's family, not that it's not a great story, but after about the fifth time, you could tell they were feeling a little uncomfortable about it, with a 'get the **** out of here' kind of look. I'm not sure how close they really were though, for all I know, it might've been a crew from the field zooming in, but I from their looks, it looked like they knew they were on camera and I felt it to be a little intrusive.

The broadcast wasn't bad in general though, and I really liked the interview with Frank

gosox3072
10-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Like it or not, i was actually one of those heckeling them:D:

TornLabrum
10-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Why the hell heckle the camera crew for cryin' out loud? All they do is point the camera where the director tells them to!

chitownhawkfan
10-04-2005, 09:47 PM
They hate us and think we are degenerates anyways, what are they going to do if we heckle them? Talk about us less and in a more negative way? Nope, not possible so who cares.

gosox3072
10-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Why the hell heckle the camera crew for cryin' out loud? All they do is point the camera where the director tells them to!

They had shirts on that said ESPN, we told them to go back to the east coast......oh well

woodenleg
10-04-2005, 09:55 PM
They had shirts on that said ESPN, we told them to go back to the east coast......oh well

Oh ha ha - good on you!

They're probably going out of their way to get pictures of the fattest, ugliest Sox fans and selling whatever they don't use on the black market.

:cool:

mike squires
10-04-2005, 10:49 PM
These gus actually got some good shots that summed up the BoSox day.

1) David Wells yawning in the dugout

2) David Ortiz loafing and actually stop running on a ball hit to left that Scotty couldn't quite snag. I realize he prolly thought he caught it but...

3) Ortiz packing up his bats and heading to the clubhouse in the bottom of the 9th. Don't you stay out there for your team no matter what?

Yorke97
10-05-2005, 06:57 AM
They hate us and think we are degenerates anyways, what are they going to do if we heckle them? Talk about us less and in a more negative way? Nope, not possible so who cares.

Pretty classless IMO. They're just doing their job.

Murphy10
10-05-2005, 07:24 AM
I liked those ESPN guys they did a close up on me during the 4th inning:D: