PDA

View Full Version : Sox Pride on campus

SoxFan76
10-04-2005, 12:49 PM
How's it looking? NIU has a lot of Sox Pride being displayed this morning/afternoon. That's what I like to see. Even the females are sporting their pink Sox hats, which I hate, but it's still Sox Pride. I started up a convo with a guy in my class today who was wearing a Sox shirt. Make sure to greet your fellow Sox fans today. You'll definitely be able to spot them.

I_Liked_Manuel
10-04-2005, 12:50 PM
i'm convinced that i'm the only sox fan on the central michigan campus

eurotrash35
10-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to find out if the hotties with the pink hats are wearing matching panties. Good luck and godspeed.

Kevin
10-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Columbia College and DePaul Loop campus...yes.

chaotic8512
10-04-2005, 12:59 PM
At Florida State... of 40,000 students, in the 6 weeks I've been here, I've seen ONE White Sox hat other than my own.

peeonwrigley
10-04-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm at UIC for grad school -- always tons of Sox stuff there and today was no different.

I'd imagine Champaign is representing well today, if the day after the Marlins triumphed in 2003 is any indication :D:

nug0hs
I'm holding down the fort here at Western Michigan University...seen a few Pale Hose hats on occasion but none today...

Deadguy
I'm representin' at the University of South Alabama State, Tech, A & M in Pennsylvania.

Sxy Mofo
10-04-2005, 01:06 PM
How's it looking? NIU has a lot of Sox Pride being displayed this morning/afternoon. That's what I like to see. Even the females are sporting their pink Sox hats, which I hate, but it's still Sox Pride. I started up a convo with a guy in my class today who was wearing a Sox shirt. Make sure to greet your fellow Sox fans today. You'll definitely be able to spot them.

Hey, it's better to have hotties on the sox bandwagon than on the minor league team's bandwagon.

Kinda like how the nfc north, the bears are the tallest midget, but it beats being the shortest midget.

fusillirob1983
10-04-2005, 01:25 PM
A lot more Sox clothing than usual today in Champaign.

Soxzilla
10-04-2005, 01:27 PM
I've seen plenty of Sox pride at Roosevelt. Same goes for the stroll to and from the train station.

Shafe72
10-04-2005, 01:28 PM
There's a few of us at Boston University!!

It's never the size of the crowd in the fight....but the size of the fight in the crowd.

White Sox fans are no strangers to this axiom...

nug0hs
10-04-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm representin' at the University of South Alabama State, Tech, A & M in Pennsylvania.

Is that one school or 3?

HawkDJ
10-04-2005, 01:37 PM
I've seen a few Sox hats and shirts here at UNC, after we all we do have a few minor league teams in this state, but today I'm the only one I've noticed with Sox gear.

chisoxfanatic
10-04-2005, 01:38 PM
I've seen a few Sox hats and shirts here at UNC, after we all we do have a few minor league teams in this state, but today I'm the only one I've noticed with Sox gear.

You've got another Sox fan down in your state...Just not at UNC...My cousin's a professor at Duke.

SoxFan76
10-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to find out if the hotties with the pink hats are wearing matching panties. Good luck and godspeed.

:roflmao::rolling::roflmao::rolling:

anti-cub
10-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Columbia, Depaul, Roosevelt, where are you watching the game? A few of us at work are heading to Wabash Tap on 13th and Wabash.

hawkeyesox17
10-04-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm here in Iowa holding down the fort.....I saw a couple of kids wearing sox pride...there will probably be a lot more once we win game 1 :D:

thewalkoffshot
10-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Here at Purdue there is a lot more than normal.

chopperjc
10-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Sorry to old for a campus but I am convinced I am the only White Sox fan in South Florida. I am at work (office, suit & tie) wearing my 1917 sox hat. At least the suit has stripes that match the hat. That was my story when human resources told me hats were inappropriate. They have since left me alone.:D:

mtgrnwdstar
10-04-2005, 01:55 PM

You go to NIU too?

Same here. I got my Pierzynski jersey tee and my Sox hat, and am raring to watch a White Sox winner!

However, I got an appointment w/ my English teacher at Reavis at 4. So I'll be hurrying out of that ASAP to catch the rest of the game.

SportsPg
10-04-2005, 02:08 PM
There's a few of us at Boston University!!

It's never the size of the crowd in the fight....but the size of the fight in the crowd.

White Sox fans are no strangers to this axiom...

BU alum here - one of my favorite moments in White Sox history was when I went to Fenway, maybe 1989 or so & watched Melido Perez dominate the Red Sox. I had to be the only guy in a White Sox hat in my section. I took a lot of abuse, but by the end I was the one doing all the dishing. God was that fun. I miss Boston sometimes, what a great town to go to school in. Married a BU girl too....although she is from NJ.....

kevingrt
10-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Good amount of Sox Pride down here at Mizzou...

elrod
10-04-2005, 02:30 PM
I've seen a few Sox hats up at Northwestern today, which is more than normal. Heading off to Nevin's to watch the game.

Deadguy
10-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Is that one school or 3?

Um, yes.

williefan22
10-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Here in upstate NY I am the only sox fan at Union College. About 75% of the school loves the red sox. Its great walking around campus and having everyone stare at me and surprised that there are actually two teams that have the name Sox. Can't wait to see their faces after we win this series!

kjhanson
10-04-2005, 02:55 PM
We're holding it down here at Iowa State. Surprisingly the Red Sox gear is noticeably absent...? Probability in anticipation of the impending beatdown. I will say that I was at University of Iowa over the weekend, and there was a ton of Sox Pride all across the campus. I guess there's a few knowledgeable people in the state of Iowa (although I assume we all grew up/live in the Chicagoland area anyways).

spongyfungy
10-04-2005, 02:59 PM
We need an NIU white Sox night or some sort of gathering. I bet there are some at the Holmes Student Center watching tv right now.

Huisj
10-04-2005, 04:03 PM
I've seen quite a lot of sox stuff here at UIUC over the last few weeks. Last night in the library, a guy near me was complaining about how he had to find a way to get out of a lab early so he could see the game today.

LongLiveFisk
10-04-2005, 04:10 PM
I'm at UIC for grad school -- always tons of Sox stuff there and today was no different.

I'd imagine Champaign is representing well today, if the day after the Marlins triumphed in 2003 is any indication :D:

I went to UIC in the early 90s...back then there seemed to be more Yuppies than Sox fans! :?:

wildcat
10-04-2005, 04:19 PM
I work at the U of Chicago and haven't seen a single piece of Sox gear, other than my hat. It's pretty rare to see any kind of athletic gear here, though, so I'm not surprised!

Stroker Ace
10-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Me and bud Mike are showin our Sox Pride at Hofstra University! Pretty sure we're the only two. Lot of Blowsawk and Yankmee fans here.

dlee120
10-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Representing Neal Cotts alma madder here at Illinois State. Some periphinalia floating around....nothin like the bandwagon that was down here in '03 for the flubbies. Which i think is a good thing.

SoxFan76
10-04-2005, 06:27 PM
We need an NIU white Sox night or some sort of gathering. I bet there are some at the Holmes Student Center watching tv right now.

If there is a White Sox gathering it should be at somebody's place. I plan on drinking and you can't do that at the Holmes Student Center.

SouthSideHitman
10-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Here at Beloit Sox fans packed my lounge and we all watched the game together in delerious joy. They also played the game over the radio at a lot of the sports practices for those who had to be away from their tvs. I've made increasing Sox pride on campus a personal crusade.

antitwins13
10-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Graceland University represent. The only Sox fan on campus and darn proud!

http://www.graceland.edu/athletics_images/athimages/sting/sting.jpg

Soxzilla
10-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Columbia, Depaul, Roosevelt, where are you watching the game? A few of us at work are heading to Wabash Tap on 13th and Wabash.

Probably won't have to catch a game at a bar downtown till the ALCS or WS. Today I was off from school, tomorrow I'll be at work and Friday should be late enough for me to catch at home :).

I'll be sure to check out Wabash Tap later this month.:cool:

chidonez
10-04-2005, 06:48 PM
BU alum here - one of my favorite moments in White Sox history was when I went to Fenway, maybe 1989 or so & watched Melido Perez dominate the Red Sox. I had to be the only guy in a White Sox hat in my section. I took a lot of abuse, but by the end I was the one doing all the dishing. God was that fun. I miss Boston sometimes, what a great town to go to school in. Married a BU girl too....although she is from NJ.....

I was surprised how many ChiSox fans made the trek out to Boston earlier this season. My school here in beantown has a few real fans, but a few flub fans as well...

chisox
10-04-2005, 06:50 PM
i gotta say, being a sox fan on the east coast is friggin' awesome. i'm at columbia university, so between the red sox and yanks fans, there isn't much else.

the majority of people i meet from chicago are cubs fans.

but me and this guy who went to de la salle hold it down.

GO SOX.

Canadian_SoxFan
10-04-2005, 06:59 PM
I am proud to see some White Sox hats on campus at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. I thought I was the only Sox fan in Canada, I guess I was wrong. GO SOX! :smile:

JorgeFabregas
10-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Lots of retro White Sox gear worn at Loyola today.

HotelWhiteSox
10-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Wore my division champ shirt today (which will not be washed if these results continue). Saw some other Sox fans, but not as much gear as expected.

It's nice to drive around the neighborhood and do a salute to ranom people jogging or walking a dog while wearing a Sox hat or gear, however

Stroker Ace
10-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Representing Neal Cotts alma madder here at Illinois State. Some periphinalia floating around....nothin like the bandwagon that was down here in '03 for the flubbies. Which i think is a good thing.Isn't there always periphinalia floating around college?:tongue:

StockdaleForVeep
10-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I been wearin my sox jersey everyday here at niu and my hat when i dont have my hair gelled

I got worried today tho, i walked home a completely odd way to avoid all human contact cuz i recorded the game, i feared my jersey would prompt fans to tell me the score

MiamiSpartan
10-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Not on campus, but I had a customer in my store today wearing a White Sox cap!

gosox3072
10-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Yes, i must agree that ever since we clinched on thursday, you have seen A LOT of white sox gear around the NIU campus. Any of you northern people skipping the NIU football game tommarow to watch the white sox.......b/c i sure am!!!!!!

soxjim
10-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Was going to go to the NIU game. Coming back to Rockford to watch the game. Will need to find a place watch Fridays game around campus.

FoulkeTheIndians
10-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Representing Stanford University out here in California.

I thought I was the only real Sox fan here my first couple years, then I started a White Sox group on thefacebook.com and we're up to almost 20 members right now. I got to meet and communicate with some good fans through it, so I'd recommend it to anyone feeling lonely out there at any small school.

I'm gonna watch the game Friday with some other Stanford Sox fans. It's so much better when you have someone to celebrate with.

StockdaleForVeep
10-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Yes, i must agree that ever since we clinched on thursday, you have seen A LOT of white sox gear around the NIU campus. Any of you northern people skipping the NIU football game tommarow to watch the white sox.......b/c i sure am!!!!!!

I'll be missin both due to an effin night class where i gotta give a speech

White_Sock
10-05-2005, 02:34 AM
I found a few Sox fans at San Jose State University today while watching the game today in the campus bar. It really surprised me to see a few other desperate Sox fans trying catch a glimpse of the game in between classes in San Jose.

doublem23
10-05-2005, 02:51 AM
Down here in P-Town there's been some. Haven't seen as much gear, but walking around campus, town, there have been a lot of, 'GO SOX!" cheers. And, for anyone else who is unfortunate enough to call this godforsaken hellhole home... Old Chicago on the river tomorrow for Game 2. I'm the guy in the faded, torn, and truly loved Sox hat and Mike Sirotka jersey.

Go Sox!

soxylady
10-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Representing Northeastern University in Boston, MA.

As far as I know there are only two of us on campus, but we are doing our best to annoy as many Red Sox fans as possible. For others who are in Boston, we'd love to hear from you!

SoxFan76
10-05-2005, 08:32 AM

Yeah I'm tailgating then heading over to my buddy's place to watch the game. :cool:

SouthSideSlayer
10-05-2005, 08:55 AM
Definitely some Sox Pride up there in the Upper Penninsula!!! I hope to be drinking Champagne in the snow in a few weeks. Check my thread "South Side Profile Pride" and put that in your IM profiles!!!

soxfanreggie
10-05-2005, 09:37 AM
At Illinois St., tons of people were wearing Sox stuff. It isn't as big right now as the Flubs bandwagon of 2 years ago, but I'm sure it will be bigger if we win this series. Gotta love seeing the co-eds in Sox shirts and hats...seems like you get many nods and smiles when you see a fellow Sox fan.

m3po
10-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Neil Cotts love. I see more and more Sox gear as the days go by here at Illinois State, I imagine when we beat the Bo-Sox and advance the population of Sox fans will explode.