PDA

View Full Version : Boston Globe Giving White Sox Edge

BigHurt35
10-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Not really. They had a writer compare starting lineups, starting staffs, bullpens, benches, and managers. The only White Sox win was starting pitching. Boston's bullpen had a 5.17 ERA, White Sox had 3.20. Stupid Boston.

kevin57
10-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Not really. They had a writer compare starting lineups, starting staffs, bullpens, benches, and managers. The only White Sox win was starting pitching. Boston's bullpen had a 5.17 ERA, White Sox had 3.20. Stupid Boston.

What a tease! I would have been shocked beyond belief if the Globe really did predict a (real) Sox victory. Boston folks are the most myopic in the world.

pudge
10-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Boston's bullpen had a 5.17 ERA, White Sox had 3.20. Stupid Boston.

We don't call them the Red Cubs for nothing.

elrod
10-04-2005, 02:55 PM
I was surprised they gave the Red Sox the edge in the bullpen. Sure, Jenks and Hermy have struggled a bit, and Marte is a joke, but Cotts, Politte and even Vizcaino have been great in the second half. And El Duque is as imposing as Arroyo. If anything, it should have been a tie.

fquaye149
10-04-2005, 03:08 PM
I was surprised they gave the Red Sox the edge in the bullpen. Sure, Jenks and Hermy have struggled a bit, and Marte is a joke, but Cotts, Politte and even Vizcaino have been great in the second half. And El Duque is as imposing as Arroyo. If anything, it should have been a tie.

if ANYTHING we should have won. Their bullpen is a ****ing joke.

mtgrnwdstar
10-04-2005, 03:12 PM
if ANYTHING we should have won. Their bullpen is a ****ing joke.

Who cares...let's just kick those bean-eating chumps to the curb.

GO WHITE SOX!

fquaye149
10-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Who cares...let's just kick those bean-eating chumps to the curb.

GO WHITE SOX!

I agree completely - just pointing out the facts.

I don't really CARE what the Globe says, but that doesn't mean they aren't moron homers.