PDA

View Full Version : Just a question

fado
07-27-2001, 01:23 PM
I see a lot of people bashing this trade. I would like to know why. First of all, I would like to say that I have just about as mush respect for KW and JR as you guys do, but as for Baldwin, so long. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Until last year, he couldn't pitch the first half of a season. This is a guy that I would want to leave the game or not even get tickets to if I knew he was pitching.

Last year he had a great year. Hands down, no questions. But this year, he was horrible. He didn't have the control or the velocity that he had last year. It was almost a gurantee that the Sox would have to fight from behind when JB was on the mound. He threw a SO this year, but that was the highlight of his year.

To be honest with you, I don't know why the Dodgers would want him. They are saying that JB has been through a playoff race, but what happened when he got in the playoffs, we lost. Now yea, we couldn't hit for our lives, but still.

The pitchers that we got I don't have a problem with it. We seem to have a knack at developing young pitchers. There may be something that we good do with them. The only thing that I get a kick out of is this screw up between Berry v. Barry. He Kenny, grab another cocktail before you make a deal. Beat off!

Anyway, I've vented I feel better. But if you guys really hate this deal. Let me know why.

FarWestChicago
07-27-2001, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by fado
To be honest with you, I don't know why the Dodgers would want him. They are saying that JB has been through a playoff race, but what happened when he got in the playoffs, we lost. Now yea, we couldn't hit for our lives, but still.

Anyway, I've vented I feel better. But if you guys really hate this deal. Let me know why.

JB pitched great against the M's and he was quite injured at the time. That being said, I have no problem with trading JB. He didn't fit in our future plans. It's the getting absolutely nothing, and not even knowing which nothing, in return that bothers me. We could have at least gotten a crappy player.

fado
07-27-2001, 01:47 PM
FWC I see what you're saying about not getting anything in return, and about JB pitching hurt last year. But at the same time, I really would rather have something that we might be able to work with, like the two younger guys, the some crappy player in return. But I do see what you are saying.

FarWestChicago
07-27-2001, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by fado
FWC I see what you're saying about not getting anything in return, and about JB pitching hurt last year. But at the same time, I really would rather have something that we might be able to work with, like the two younger guys, the some crappy player in return. But I do see what you are saying.

Well, the "crappy player" comment was a joke. What I really think is it would have been nice to get a youger guy or two we could work with like you said. Instead, we got crappy younger guys and a used up old outfielder. Very weak.

Iguana775
07-27-2001, 01:56 PM
i really dont have a problem with the trade but i would have rather just held on to jb and wait till the end of the year when he signed with another them then, we would have gotten compensation pick for him. that would ahve been better than what he got.