PDA

View Full Version : the road the White Sox took to get to today

Fenway
10-04-2005, 10:54 AM
99 wins is nothing to sneeze at and it shows that the White Sox are a very, very good team.

36 over 500 but what is striking is they were 30 over just in the division.

The road record 52-29 is staggering

It is the home record that gives pause 47-34
I'm sure the SABR folks will look at these numbers for years but does it offer any clue of what will happen this week? I honestly don't know.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/standings

Boston and New York for example did not dominate the AL East but did well playing outside the division.

There is always talk here of the East Coast bias and I think a lot of it stems from the unbalanced schedule, Eastern teams just don't play the 5 Central teams that much. Boton for example is 22-13 with both the Central and West but we only play 4 teams out west.

Honestly I think the White Sox have to step it up at home or they might be in trouble this post season.

Ol' No. 2
10-04-2005, 10:56 AM
99 wins is nothing to sneeze at and it shows that the White Sox are a very, very good team.

I'm sure the SABR folks will look at these numbers for years but does it offer any clue of what will happen this week? I honestly don't know.

Boston and New York for example did not dominate the AL East but did well playing outside the division.

There is always talk here of the East Coast bias and I think a lot of it stems from the unbalanced schedule, Eastern teams just don't play the 5 Central teams that much. Boton for example is 22-13 with both the Central and West but we only play 4 teams out west.

Honestly I think the White Sox have to step it up at home or they might be in trouble this post season.Fenway, if you think those home and away records mean diddley-squat from here on, I've been giving you way too much credit. One game over .500 will suit me just fine.

Rocky Soprano
10-04-2005, 11:02 AM

Honestly I think the White Sox have to step it up at home or they might be in trouble this post season.

All I know is that Boston's pitching blows. The Red Cubs are the ones that better step it up and hope they win one at The Cell because the Sox play better away.